It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Releases Diplomatic Cables as Early as Tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
let us welcome this new era of transparnacy it is long overdew.... Least we continue to repeat the same mistakes...
again and again....x

Lol! Obama promised transparency, Wikileaks is taking him at his word and giviing it to us!
edit on 24-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
Wow....

THE United States is bracing for the release - as early as tomorrow- of up to three million classified State Department messages sent between US embassies around the world. The website WikiLeaks is preparing to leak the huge pile of diplomatic cables, with the release having the potential to ''destabilize global security'' and ''jeopardize lives''. The new detail was found in an email sent by a senior US bureaucrat to two important US government committees yesterday. Advertisement: Story continues below It will be the third and largest release of material allegedly given to WikiLeaks by the US soldier Bradley Manning, a Middle East-based army intelligence analyst who has since been charged by US authorities. The latest release was announced earlier this week, but it was unclear what the material would be about. An email from an assistant defense secretary, Elizabeth King, warns the US Senate and House committees on armed services of the potential dangers. The email was discovered by a Bloomberg reporter who published it yesterday. Ms King's email reveals that WikiLeaks is in possession of a massive trove of classified State Department messages sent between US embassies. ''State Department cables by their nature contain everyday analysis and candid assessments that any government engages in as part of effective foreign relations,'' Ms King tells the committees. ''The publication of this classified information by WikiLeaks is an irresponsible attempt to wreak havoc and destabilize global security. It potentially jeopardizes lives.'' The WikiLeaks release, which is again being conducted in concert with a small number of high-profile newspapers, is believed to be scheduled for as soon as tomorrow.

www.smh.com.au...

This means, of course, that some of the criminals and back room dealings may be going to be exposed. All this talk of destabalising 'global security' etc is double speak for 'protection of the criminals'. I hope they are really, really exposed.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by wisintel

I am not so sure I can agree with the wiki leaks objective here. All gov't's have strategies and use deception or un-othrodox methods to keep the ship afloat. I would more or less categorize the wiki leaks bunch in with the terrorists. They are doing more to stir up the potential for violent reactions than they are helping to fix the situation calm cool and peacefully.

Add: It is better served to turn such documents to foreign gov't so they can talk about such matters behind closed doors rather than get us all involved where "idiots" and "hot heads" and every other type of person has a crack at it.
edit on 24-11-2010 by TheRemedial because: Freedom to do so.

I disagree with your analysis here.

The Government are the terrorists. Wikileaks is about to expose the terrorists.
Enough shady dealings 'behind closed doors'. Let's get some light in there and see what in heaven has really been going on. For sure, whatever goes on behind closed doors has never been in the interests of the people, only the Cabal. Enough.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
For all of you so concerned with the welfare of the American troops, where were you when our terrible foreign policies put them at risk? Only now, when the government uses the argument that it will put our soldiers lives at risk does anyone care. For the past how many years, America's policies have endangered and abused America's heroes, and only now, when the government tells you there is a risk to them, completely ignoring their own actions, do you pay attention to the soldiers in danger. This is ludicrous. As a vet, with a wife who is still in, I support the release of any documents which shed light on the motives and moves of the United States government.
edit on 24-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Again I'm from Switzerland and I don't really care about Obama or about the American Government. But I care about Julian Assange and about Wiki-Leaks, o.k. naively spoken more about Assange because he is an pretty mtv puppet. How reliable is the Wikileaks data? Insider explains "its limits" because you don't have the complete overview over the mass of Data. And even if you have once day the overview you don't see the whole Picture because a lot Material is still classified. So how you want to prove this Information?

The SIGACTS Database is a good example:

The database is so huge that by only selecting deaths for our map we could be missing an even bigger picture, says Jacob Shapiro, Assistant Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University. He points out three major issues with the SIGACTS:

• This is not "every death" or anything close to it. This is every death recorded by Multi-National Forces Iraq. There is underreporting in these data for a number of reasons including: there was no Coalition or Iraqi unit around to record the death; the Coalition and Iraqi units in the area were engaged in such high levels of combat that did not have time to track down every casualty on all sides; or the outcome of the incident was ambiguous.

• One needs to understand how the data were created. This is critical for understanding the likely biases and weaknesses in the data. In particular, the reporting standards for Significant Actions (SIGACT) changed dramatically over time and the reporting procedure varied across units. There were also big changes in how reports from Iraqi units entered the data. In general, the data are likely to be more complete later in the war when reporting standards were more uniform and the integration of information from Iraqi units was better.

• Only reviewing incidents that resulted in casualties may result in a heavily skewed view of the war. Whether a violent incident causes casualties, especially civilian ones, has a large random component and so we should be careful in the inferences we can draw from this reduced dataset. So, although the data paints a grim picture, the facts are likely to be much, much worse, because of underreporting.

Source: Guardian.co.uk

So before you call a Exorcist for me.. think about we're all Humans and everyone has a own opinion.

edit on 24-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
Wow....

THE United States is bracing for the release - as early as tomorrow- of up to three million classified State Department messages sent between US embassies around the world. The website WikiLeaks is preparing to leak the huge pile of diplomatic cables, with the release having the potential to ''destabilize global security'' and ''jeopardize lives''. The new detail was found in an email sent by a senior US bureaucrat to two important US government committees yesterday. Advertisement: Story continues below It will be the third and largest release of material allegedly given to WikiLeaks by the US soldier Bradley Manning, a Middle East-based army intelligence analyst who has since been charged by US authorities. The latest release was announced earlier this week, but it was unclear what the material would be about. An email from an assistant defense secretary, Elizabeth King, warns the US Senate and House committees on armed services of the potential dangers. The email was discovered by a Bloomberg reporter who published it yesterday. Ms King's email reveals that WikiLeaks is in possession of a massive trove of classified State Department messages sent between US embassies. ''State Department cables by their nature contain everyday analysis and candid assessments that any government engages in as part of effective foreign relations,'' Ms King tells the committees. ''The publication of this classified information by WikiLeaks is an irresponsible attempt to wreak havoc and destabilize global security. It potentially jeopardizes lives.'' The WikiLeaks release, which is again being conducted in concert with a small number of high-profile newspapers, is believed to be scheduled for as soon as tomorrow.

www.smh.com.au...

Don't you just love it: 'an irresponsible attempt to wreak havoc and destablisize global security'......which is EXACTLY what they themselves have been doing for years.

I think this may also be part of a last ditch attmept to pressure the newspapers not to print the docs.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
For all of you so concerned with the welfare of the American troops, where were you when our terrible foreign policies put them at risk? Only now, when the government uses the argument that it will put our soldiers lives at risk does anyone care. For the past how many years, America's policies have endangered and abused America's heroes, and only now, when the government tells you there is a risk to them, completely ignoring their own actions, do you pay attention to the soldiers in danger. This is ludicrous. As a vet, with a wife who is still in, I support the release of any documents which shed light on the motives and moves of the United States government.

Thank you for this truly excellent post.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ultimately, whether you believe that 9-11 was done by, or with assistance from, the United States government, or--carried out by terrorists who hijacked airliners, it all traces back to the U.S. government. The terrorists don't hate us because we are free, or any of the other bull# which was fed to us after 9-11--they hate us because of our meddling and invasive foreign policy. That is why they flew planes into buildings if that is what you subscribe to. So please spare me with the idea that information puts lives at risk. The U.S. government has been putting the lives of its citizens at risk, as well as other countries' citizens at risk, for decades. Now when some of that might see the light of day, they use this weak defense.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well said. I think this post is worthy of some applause!

So please spare me with the idea that information puts lives at risk. The U.S. government has been putting the lives of its citizens at risk, as well as other countries' citizens at risk, for decades. Now when some of that might see the light of day, they use this weak defense.

Absolutely! Furthermore, if a release of the information puts troops at risk, then leaving the troops in their current locations places them in a more immediate risk. Bring the troops home and they will not be in danger. Leaving the troops in their current location places their blood on the US government's hands, not Wikileaks.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Awesome news. People need to be held accountable. What is so wrong with a government that does not lie to its citizens? Why are all the plans of a nation hidden and passed off to us as political spin?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by TheRemedial

All gov't's have strategies and use deception or un-othrodox methods to keep the ship afloat.

I am not entirely sure which i find more offensive: The fact that you are very probably correct in that statement or that you would retreat behind the incredibly weak "All the other kids are doing it.." argument.

If the only avenue to achieving transparency in government is to air their dirty linen in public, then so be it. All we really know at this point is that whenever Wikileaks threatens another release, governments all over the world go into "cockroach mode" scurrying hither and yon in search of somewhere to hide.... and thats a good thing!
edit on 24-11-2010 by Tholidor because: Syntax (look it up)

Here is my thing with all of this....

First off, our Government was not supposed to run like this. Now I am not naive enough to think that there are not times where doing so is of a great benefit. That is a given, and I personally would have no issue looking the other way to such dealings if the Government was working for the people, but they are not working for the people. The Government has been working hard for somebody but it is not "the people" who they were elected to serve.

Now I do not trust Wikileaks either. Not one bit. I have been involved in a lot of things in my lifetime, but not once have I ever been able to say, "This is coming, as soon as xyz, and this could be the result" without having some inside knowledge myself of exactly what was coming. Now Wikileaks has not said when they will release what they have this time so how does the Government know? Wikileaks has not said exactly what the contents are, but yet the Government already knows? The more stuff Wikileaks puts out, the more I have to wonder if it was planned this way.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Awesome news. People need to be held accountable. What is so wrong with a government that does not lie to its citizens? Why are all the plans of a nation hidden and passed off to us as political spin?

Wikileaks has put out a lot of information, but how many times has anyone been held "accountable"?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Maybe that was then, when it was impossible for the people to be presented with 3million + cables anyway.
Maybe that wasn't then, when all but those involved were asleep.
Maybe this IS the age of Aquarius....Where information is freely available and openly shared.

People forced to talk out differences....conspiracies stopped cold in their tracks...Governments forced to act with integrity.

I can dream.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

Couldn't have said it better myself my friend. The rest of the world has nothing against Americans themselves, because as a people (minus a few jackasses) we are peace loving and generous. However, our governmant has been sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong for far too long. Our foreign policies are absolutely ridiculous. We condemn other governments for doing the exact same things that our government itself does. It is not us that the terrorists hate, it is our government. I think it's about time that someone call the U.S. government out on the carpet. I for one find this all amusing as hell and hope TPTB are shi*ting their pants as we speak.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Dirty laundry,

watch Burn Notice,

I was in the army reserves (signals), I left with my girlfriend, went to teach in China in a technical university, Technical English and Software Engineering topics. Guess what I find.
A damn storm that is, something out of a bad spy novel, being followed, finding out your apartment is bugged because your daily conversations in the flat you are in are being told to by colleagues at work in conversations overheard by yourself, first time coincidence after the fifth time then you start to worry.
You notice your western "colleagues" leave at the same time each morning and never return except for their classes while Chinese teachers complain about them. The colleagues try to screw you over by trying to sting you into drugs and bad living! Damm

So, in the end from my technical knowledge I learnt about bug placement, TEMPEST technology (70s technology hinted at in Signals unit, beware of a big van constantly parked outside your house and probably white painted walls (for reflection), watch out for gassing (if you smell gas in your bedroom watch out), things retold back to you even though you talked "privately" in your flat, or used your computer. Beware of IM chat that can be captured by man in the middle attacks etc.

When I came back home on leave, I sent a synopsis of what happened in China to the security services i.e. M16, even though my family said i shouldn't. Guess i shouldn't, because when i went back to China all the stuff i sent 6 was told to me by a white agent who then tried to recruit me, but he didnt say which agency! I wouldnt have care except all my Chinese colleagues and the people around me treated me like crap, especially in my report i implicated a female teacher who wanted to go to the US to study .net bot software especially when i attended her leaving dinner! Felt guilty but was treated like crap by the other teachers!

Came back to the uk, subjected to covert harrassment, by helis over my house, overt racism to my wife i.e. spitting and sexual slurs, # on my doorstep times 3, silent phone calls, credit cards that do not work a couple of days after my grandfather's death, sleep deprivation, ostracisation, inappropriate attacks at work that would cause people to be sacked or reprimanded, followed by car, people and helicopter (very surreal), very large number of attacks on firewall, alot of virus emails from China and it goes on. I can literally write a book.

What is the lesson?

It basically is, I believe that the Western powers (US included) have signed agreements with China that if China comprises Westerners there that they are its properties to spy on tourists etc. What better what to spy on another country than to use its own citizens to spy on their own citizens, they will better know slang etc. I came against this in China one morning and heard an American voice in my flat and it didn't come from my TV when I was talking to myself! There has been a trade "agreement" between Chinese intel and other countries intel concerning this. When I was in China, my boss even was astounded that foreigners who were DISILLUSIONED with China ALWAYS came back, I wonder why, think about it, discuss it. I am not a nut job, I come from northern ireland with its fair share of troubles, I learnt a # load from it and from the military. I went to China, beat those intel guys, returned to NI and beat those guys and now have a story to tell. Watch Burn Notice, if Michael Westen was a civilian and not a spy, I could easily be him. I have a lot to tell.

Oh, one thing, the Chinese use children to screw guys up. Pavlovian psychology, attractive woman, woman with child, attractive woman, woman with child ad nauseum, when you come to jerk off with an attractive woman in mind, guess what else you think off? For a heterosexual guy this can be painful, cos most guys aren't paedos, it tends to make guys angry and then ultimately crack and breakdown which leads to suggestion i.e. read brain washing - Read Battle for the mind - William Sargent for suggestion. That woman, child technique is quite unique,after the thousandth time resisting it is a piece of piss, just clear your mind, it is just temporary, relax and above all as good SF soldiers laugh at it. Just some techniques, but I am writing a book about my experiences, don't teach in China EVER!

RETCH

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

The old BS adage that the governments keeps pushing down our throats when it comes to authority enforcements seems very apt.

"If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about."

I think the government are sh#tting themselves, I hope they choke of the BS they have been trying to feed us for so long.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Mr. Chairman, ladies and gentlemen:

I appreciate very much your generous invitation to be here tonight.

You bear heavy responsibilities these days and an article I read some time ago reminded me of how particularly heavily the burdens of present day events bear upon your profession.

You may remember that in 1851 the New York Herald Tribune under the sponsorship and publishing of Horace Greeley, employed as its London correspondent an obscure journalist by the name of Karl Marx.

We are told that foreign correspondent Marx, stone broke, and with a family ill and undernourished, constantly appealed to Greeley and managing editor Charles Dana for an increase in his munificent salary of $5 per installment, a salary which he and Engels ungratefully labeled as the "lousiest petty bourgeois cheating."

But when all his financial appeals were refused, Marx looked around for other means of livelihood and fame, eventually terminating his relationship with the Tribune and devoting his talents full time to the cause that would bequeath the world the seeds of Leninism, Stalinism, revolution and the cold war.

If only this capitalistic New York newspaper had treated him more kindly; if only Marx had remained a foreign correspondent, history might have been different. And I hope all publishers will bear this lesson in mind the next time they receive a poverty-stricken appeal for a small increase in the expense account from an obscure newspaper man.

I have selected as the title of my remarks tonight "The President and the Press." Some may suggest that this would be more naturally worded "The President Versus the Press." But those are not my sentiments tonight.

It is true, however, that when a well-known diplomat from another country demanded recently that our State Department repudiate certain newspaper attacks on his colleague it was unnecessary for us to reply that this Administration was not responsible for the press, for the press had already made it clear that it was not responsible for this Administration.

Nevertheless, my purpose here tonight is not to deliver the usual assault on the so-called one party press. On the contrary, in recent months I have rarely heard any complaints about political bias in the press except from a few Republicans. Nor is it my purpose tonight to discuss or defend the televising of Presidential press conferences. I think it is highly beneficial to have some 20,000,000 Americans regularly sit in on these conferences to observe, if I may say so, the incisive, the intelligent and the courteous qualities displayed by your Washington correspondents.

Nor, finally, are these remarks intended to examine the proper degree of privacy which the press should allow to any President and his family.

If in the last few months your White House reporters and photographers have been attending church services with regularity, that has surely done them no harm.

On the other hand, I realize that your staff and wire service photographers may be complaining that they do not enjoy the same green privileges at the local golf courses that they once did.

It is true that my predecessor did not object as I do to pictures of one's golfing skill in action. But neither on the other hand did he ever bean a Secret Service man.

My topic tonight is a more sober one of concern to publishers as well as editors.

I want to talk about our common responsibilities in the face of a common danger. The events of recent weeks may have helped to illuminate that challenge for some; but the dimensions of its threat have loomed large on the horizon for many years. Whatever our hopes may be for the future--for reducing this threat or living with it--there is no escaping either the gravity or the totality of its challenge to our survival and to our security--a challenge that confronts us in unaccustomed ways in every sphere of human activity.

This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

I

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know. www.jfklibrary.org...
peace

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don' t agree with your statements, it is entirely pretentious and to use an Americanism "god dam" patronising, using a statement from the '60s. At least JFK had balls in the '60s, even though he had the moral scruples of an alley tomcat.

My story is simple, and not many people know about this, but when countries decide to enter trade agreements with China they have to dirty themselves and agree to all manner of dirty dealings of all their citizens who may enter that "developing" country (which is true). In fact, I sometimes wonder why newspapers do not call China a developing country which it IS. When I worked there, there was so much poverty even in Beijing, I felt sorry for the beggars, some with deformities, and even a guy who I emptied my wallet for who had serious burns probably third degree who would never work again.

There is a lot of press about China being a threat and in this post I will seek to compensate for both.

In China, as a teacher I was subjected to psyops warfare, since having being military trained and having been in Northern Ireland I grew up with this # and knew it from firsthand. Although I learnt a hell a lot more about surveillance and psyops techniques that I could be called a token "spy" which I hate the term.

Having been subjected to the state oppression, I drank heavily, my Chinese girlfriend having left me earlier because she was at work and attached to a work colleague, I started to reflect. Whenever i drink I become really philosophical and can talk openly about intelligent matters, myself having a repressed personality through a repressed childhood, only able to find time to read encylopaedias etcs

I started to learn about Chinese society and its restraints. I became friends with the street shopkeeper which through broken Chinese became firm friends with, so much that he shielded me from the Chinese secret police when they questioned him about me in front of my face. I offered him my bible but because of the police at that precise time gave it back to me. The bible was the only precious thing I had in China at that time. My friend would eventually die of cancer and when I visited China 4 years later and trying to locate him, his daughter told me he had died. I still think of this and that I was not there for him as he was there for me. He helped through coping with beating the secret police.

In China, I managed to foil a robbery attempt on a woman by two assailants outside my flat. I thought it was a domestic, then a rape, then to a robbery, I chased two of the robbers down my street, but because of my Chinese difficulties could not communicate to the shopkeeper or his friends what had happened. This really frustrated me!
They did not trap the two guys and they eventually went off two directions, I eventually ran one down and cornered him, then the police captured him. I was in my beach shorts and black shoes only, what a dick! I went back to my house changed and went out to meet the police. The shopkeeper and police ushered me into a police car and we went to the station. I waited for a fangwu, an interpreter at the copshop. When one finally came, i was taken into a cell with a rusty radiator and asked questions by a woman Chinese interpreter.

At first i was grilled by the interpreter about my interpreter about my residency status (in fact this was more than the criminal event), I was worried I would get my universtity employer in the # because I was to move into university appartments soon and i knew that the time to move had WELL expired. So, I played it safe and argued that I was documented to stay in that flat even though I knew I hadn't. She tried so hard to prove me wrong, I just hit it back to her, even though I knew my boss and the Software Engineering school were a pack of wankers in the first place. After that she quickly took my account of my catching the criminal.

Afterwards, i heard from the shopkeeper that i was in the papers and that Chinese women wanted to meet me, but he discouraged them and sent them away. He said that to my prospective gf at the time, which was brave from him because she told me what he said when in close proximity. He must have assessed me well.

I was well screwed over in China, mainly psyops which I can write a book on and which NO book exists on amazon or elsewhere on psyops on civilians. I intend to write that book. Some of the # I did in China, I only wonder about, basically avoiding the authorities, going on drunken binges and avoiding the authorities and laying up on a roof on a shack and listening as people walk about looking for you in a remote area in the early hours of the morning (with your mobile turned off of course, but NOT the battery removed DUH!, read about this, your mobile isnt totally off when you switch it off). Of course my corrupt Chinese boss laughed at me when I turned in for work the next morning. Being military trained, you have to work hard but you have to play hard and blow out some cobwebs as well.

When I left China for a break in China, I sent my observations in a email to M16, having virus checked my parents pc first and taken all necessary precautions, i took 2 days to write that report!

When I returned to China I was treated like # by more colleagues and I was told almost everything in that report by a English guy who i believed was comprised and who was blonde dyed his hair black, his name was Mike O'dea, he was supposedly a teacher in a London university who decided to work in China, I don't know why because it would have involved a SERIOUS paycut to the extreme , he wanted me to know his name because he wanted to initiate a "smoke test", i.e. to find out either who i worked for or what my affiliations were since i started to become "wise to the authorities", i.e. intelligence agency, country, maybe terrorist organisation etc which in ireland could be many. He would try to really screw me over in my last months, he even threatened me at the end of my contract that if I ever did anything wrong, he and his friends would basically own me.

I can easily write my memoirs with the stories with hookers, Russian students, Chinese students, honey traps (male and female), encounters with American (totally out of their depth) and dutch professors, being foyllowed, classic vietnam era psyop trick etc. I will leave it for the book.

Remember, the Chinese are not your enemies, the govt is as is the US, UK etc govt as they try to subjagate and control and are basically damn traitors to the people.

I returned eventually to Northern Ireland, I knew what the score was, I was previously told by boss that he was surprised why so many foreigners returned to China! I know only too well, but that is for the book, think about trade agreements!

I have tried to come to terms with everything in China and beyond, I have since researched my actions, thoughts and emotions and if you want to get a glimpse then please do the following:

1. Adopt a free thinking attitude, drop sectarianism, racism etc, this is restricting
2. Adopt an analytical mindset
3. Read a hell of a lot about psychological, law, international relations, society etc (what a spy would do)
4. Watch tv programmes that can help i.e. Burn Notice (it helped explained in retrospect what i did and saw, i.e.
I seen a chinese surveillance team move into action twice, I seen from an elevated position and it appeared the same, in one case it involved Westerners and I later seen them in the position sussing me out, how i laughed inside, the Chinese in one case tried to take a picture of me, because at the end I made it out that i was a dead letter box drop or a meet.
5. Previous point, always put your oppostion on the offensive if possible but personal objectives might negate against this.
6. Read strategy books i.e. Manstein (Melvin), Sun Tzu, 36 strategies, Japanese sword saint strategy, Clausewitz etc, read these all. Even if they are military,you can still develop a mindset to apply in everyday life.
7. Most controversial of all, trust noone, take everything with a pinch of salt, do not be overy encouraged into a course of action that you might regret, bad women/men, drugs etc - I have done all of this but adherred the 11th commandment - THOU SHALT NOT GET CAUGHT.
8. Adopt a belief system, i.e. belief in God, I believe in Jesus Christ and Jahweh and this is what I believe got me through China, believe in God or (which I disprove something else, but you have to believe in something moral and ethical to get you through)
9. SF soldiers (well UK SAS etc at least) tried to incorporate a good sense of humour and this is important, when things really look bleak, you have got to laugh especially at yourself and relieve tension.
10. Use your memories for good, think about it, SF use this technique, so have I.
11. Keep fit, fit body, fit mind.
12. Be tougher on yourself because you will be able to withstand your enemy.
13. When things look bad or distressing, use your belief system and what the bible says think on good things, your family, and good people like Jesus Christ, Gandhi etc
14. Research NLP techniques.
15. Research "future" tech i.e. psychotronic warfare (it is here, the japanese can achieve through EEG, it is a wonder it has not been achieved by wireless technology even though the US and USSR were researching it from the 70s! This is important.

None of the damn spy books or films has even touched on this, probably the closest has been Burn Notice which mainly focuses on social engineering.

Also read the book - Battle for the mind by William Sargant, i didn't really understand the techniques employed by the Chinese and later, until I understood the effects in this book. Remember stay cool, if you get angry, keep it at minimal occassions. Don't use a punching bag continually to allay stress as you will need this crutch whenever you are angry or stressed, you don't always have a bag or person. Well saying that, I did punch walls. Although, it is a crutch, avoid, use mind techniques.

I could go on but would be writing a book, wait for mine, well that is if I don't get comprised first, lol, this has jogged my memory for the book.

The normal Chinese are not your enemies, American friends, even though I meet your Intel agents on route to Afgahnistan (in China) and in other places in China. I thought all yanks were tossers, but I started to go onto US chatrooms and my attitude changed. You have to take the US as I have to take my country and the EU back from the people. The banks are criminals, tune into the keiser report, adopt a free mind, in China it was a closed press. Such as is in the US, even in the EU, the press is sanatised, so look for media sources outside your country more than one at least. Free your mind by expanding it, adopt new horizons but with caution especially techology.

Take care, God Bless,

Faugh a ballagh (Irish for clear the way)

Retch

top topics

<< 1   >>

join