It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Bernie Sanders: The Billionaires Want More, More, More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Huffington Post article by Bernie Sanders; www.huffingtonpost.com...

Snip

The billionaires are on the warpath. They want more, more, more.

In 2007, the top 1 percent of all income earners in the United States made 23.5 percent of all income -- more than the bottom 50 percent. Not enough! The percentage of income going to the top 1 percent nearly tripled since the mid-1970s. Not enough! Eighty percent of all new income earned from 1980 to 2005 has gone to the top 1 percent. Not enough! The top 1 percent now owns more wealth than the bottom 90 percent. Not enough! The Wall Street executives with their obscene compensation packages now earn more than they did before we bailed them out. Not enough! With the middle class collapsing and the rich getting much richer, the United States now has, by far, the most unequal distribution of income and wealth of any major country on earth. Not enough!

End snip

There is a significant re-distrubution of wealth going on, and it is not happening in the favour of the nation.

Even though their greed is out of control, I can't believe that it is just more that they want. I also believe it's a situation where they want less, less, less for the people - when a populace has no money left, and the food is totally controlled by TPTB, the dictators have total control.

Perhaps we should be setting up our own local currency systems?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

There is a significant re-distrubution of wealth going on, and it is not happening in the favour of the nation.

Actually... it is in favor of the nation. The national government and their 'private' constituants are in collusion to make sure that the regular people ( those without political controls) do without. To blame the corporations is only to see half the problem. Corporations exist wo feed government an government exists to maintain corporate power with the point of a gun. They are in collusion because corporations couldn't exist without a government and government needs corporations to secure more resources.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Historically I believe this happens over and over and the end result is the tired hungry people forming lynch mobs and executing them for crimes against their humanity. Note: Usually after the rulers have taken the people into multiple FAILING wars. Elites during such times tend to ramp up security measures (for themselves)

Same old scenario in a modern world.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You can't start your own currency system. It was tried in the 80's and summarily put down.
I can't remember the guy's name that orchestrated it, and am having a hard time locating it on the net. Maybe someone else remembers...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

Historically I believe this happens over and over and the end result is the tired hungry people forming lynch mobs and executing them for crimes against their humanity. Note: Usually after the rulers have taken the people into multiple FAILING wars. Elites during such times tend to ramp up security measures (for themselves)

Yes, 'national security' actually doesn't mean that at all!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Same Bernie Sanders that switched the real End the Fed bill with a watered down version back in May?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

Yep, same old, same old, exactly as you say. The window dressing has changed, but basically we still live in a feudal system. Slavery was not abolished, it was extended - we are all slaves of the tiny few nasties at the top of the ponzi scheme.

top topics

join