It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean targets were MILITARY, not civilian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Deny Ignorance, people. Remember?

Did North Korea actually target VALID military targets? We have been told by the MSM repeatedly, that North Korea attacked civilian targets. We now have evidence that might just be propaganda.

Here is that evidence that the targets were actually military, and therefore, valid, considering those two countries are in a perpetual state of war since the 50's.

The truth always has a way of slipping through the filters.

According to this L.A. Times article from Nov. 24, 2010, 8:09am (today):

The South Korean government announced that searchers had found the bodies of two island residents, the first civilian casualties from the clash that killed two South Korean soldiers and injured at least 19 people, including three civilians.

Ooops. Did you catch that?

Look at those numbers again.

They reported that 19 people were injured, 3 of which were civilians.

That means 16 of those injured were non-civilian. That means those 16 people were military/government personnel.

What else supports that conclusion?

Well, it also says 4 people died, 2 of which were military, and the other 2 civilian.

MILITARY = 16 injured, 2 dead (78%)
CIVILIAN = 3 injured, 2 dead (22%)

We can therefore conclude that the targets North Korea targeted were valid military targets.

The civilians that died, as any U.S. military expert would say, are "collateral damage" as the result of the destruction of valid military targets.

What's interesting is how the whole world is trying to paint a different picture - attempting to vilify North Korea's actions by attempting to characterize them as attacks on civilians. Yet there we have the information that 78% of the victims of the attack were military personnel.

The United States kills civilians all the time in this fashion, often so with much worse ratios of military-to-civilians. So does Israel. But when North Korea does it, and even when the vast majority killed are military people, the western media portray the attack as "civilian".
edit on 24-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: title edit

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm going to keep looking into this, just to play devil's advocate here, though:

considering the armistice, I would say no sort of target is valid. The target (be it civilian or military) aren't quite as important as the fact that NK did it at all, no?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Good point, but I'll play the devil's advocate to yours: If what the MSM says about North Korea's attack is so patently false (that it was on civilians), then it puts into serious question that South Korea didn't attack first. They claim they were firing artillery right next to the border. Who is to say that South Korea didn't make a mistake or something, and are now just lying about it?

Point is, when you catch the entire world mischaracterizing an event, kind of puts the rest of their story into question.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well i guess when NORTH KOREA releases it's utbe video,, well will see, by looking at the time stamps,, dosn't anyone in North Korea own an IPOD ??

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No matter what the truth is the MSM must spin it to look like North Korea is the guilty party. We must have a WAR to save our economy, there is no other way.... We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....We must create a war.....

........TO SAVE THE BANKSTERS !!!!

edit on 11/24/2010 by GammaRayBurst because: Color Change

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

North Korea withdrew from the armistace last year, and I believe China also withdrew their postition on the board in 2007.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Remember on MASH, how the unit kept getting bombed and shelled by freindly fire...?
Like every other episode...
As a kid I thought that was how wars were fought....

hey MASH happened in Korea.....go figure

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You make it seem killing military targets unprovoked is "valid".

Yikes.

Deny what?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by inbound
reply to post by piddles

North Korea withdrew from the armistace last year, and I believe China also withdrew their postition on the board in 2007.

I stand corrected thank you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Afraid you missed the point there, champ. You know, the part where the MSM has been lying, saying that North Korea attacked civilian targets, when it's really military targets?

Furthermore, since the MSM is lying about that basic fact, why do you ALSO believe that North Korea was "unprovoked"? You believe the MSM?

Has it not occurred to you that perhaps the reason North Korea looks so "crazy" and "unreasonable" right now is because of the false information they've been spoon feeding you?

To the contrary, if South Korea did in fact "miss" on one of their artillery rounds (or something else they are covering up), then what North Korea did seems perfectly VALID. But do you think in a million years they would admit that? Hell no.

Secondly, think about it. What would North Korea have to gain by conducting any sort of unprovoked attack? NOTHING.

What would South Korea have to gain by secretly provoking North Korea? EVERYTHING. They want the world to see North Korea as crazy so as to legitimize further punishment (and weakening) of North Korea.

Yes, deny ignorance. Don't embrace it.

edit on 24-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: added content

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Afraid you missed the point there, champ. You know, the part where the MSM has been lying, saying that North Korea attacked civilian targets, when it's really military targets?

Furthermore, since the MSM is lying about that basic fact, why do you ALSO believe that North Korea was "unprovoked"? You believe the MSM?

Yes, deny ignorance. Don't embrace it.

I'm sorry. But when I see webcam videos of ROK civilians scurrying for their lives in a shopping plaza parking lot, with artillery shells raining down literally yards away, I tend to tune out what people are saying and focus on what I am seeing.

History is also a valuable teacher. One does not have to look long and hard to find dozens or examples of unprovoked attacks, skirmishes, and assassination attempts committed by the DPRK against the ROK. The DPRK's rap sheet is long and colorful, and they have a proven history of using military force to communicate their political intentions and positions.

I didn't see tanks, barracks, fortifications, docks, planes or artillery pieces burning. I saw people's homes and small businesses going up in flames.

What does it matter, anyways? Does anyone really believe that all reporting with the first 24 hours of any military conflict is 100% accurate anyways, especially 1/2 way around the planet?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I couldn't give two monkeys whether or not the target was Military or Civilian.

What I am gobsmacked with (and most of the World) is why they have been allowed to effectively get away with it, again?

Not only do we sit back and do nothing and look like right idiots, but the UN are rewarding their efforts with lots of nice food and supplies.

WTF, durh, NK will simply keep doing this, they have to be stopped, NOW!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Did North Korea actually target VALID military targets? We have been told by the MSM repeatedly, that North Korea attacked civilian targets. We now have evidence that might just be propaganda.

Well I'll just spam your thread a little here
my thread I just made has some Ariel footage of the aftermath, go have a peek and see what you think, looks pretty civilian to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
N.k. is not as cruel as beast to fire at the civilian , i really hope that they can calm down and talk with each other ,the situation is too bad now.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So it was where the civilian wives and families of the military where housed u mean???

Like a compound??
edit on 25-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Did North Korea actually target VALID military targets?

yes and no.

Some of the targets were military. Most of the casualties were military.

However: the 20 houses that burned were not. Most of the buildings that were damaged were not. the farms that were hit were not. Fortunately, the attack happened in the middle of the day. A few hours later, and people would have been home from work/school.

here's a SK link with video of the damage.
english.chosun.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Did North Korea actually target VALID military targets?

yes and no.

Some of the targets were military. Most of the casualties were military.

However: the 20 houses that burned were not. Most of the buildings that were damaged were not. the farms that were hit were not. Fortunately, the attack happened in the middle of the day. A few hours later, and people would have been home from work/school.

here's a SK link with video of the damage.
english.chosun.com...

I think that, whether intentional or not on North Korea's part, the fact that civilians took on casualties and property loss means that they were INDEED targeted. That is not up for debate to me ...

The debate SHOULD be whether they were intentionally targeted or unintentionally targeted.

My opinion is that the North Koreans didn't care what they hit. They were literally just lobbing rockets into that island with reckless abandon to do as much damage as possible. They are trying to provoke a response. THAT was their motive.

Kim Jong is on his last legs, and I think he has an itchy trigger finger that gets itchier with each passing day.

The way this all lays out to me is that North Korea was being intentionally reckless. (similar to the way Sadaam Hussein just mindlessly lobbed Scuds during Desert Storm at Kuwait, etal. just hoping to hit something/anything of high value) And in this vein of thinking, I am of the opinion that this intentional recklessness means that civilians were not ruled out as a target from North Korea's end. And because they were not ruled out as a target, and because I believe North Korea's aim was to do as much damage as possible in this particular attack of randomly fired rockets on the South Korean island, it means that civilians were intentionally targeted along with military installations.

new topics

top topics

join