It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just some clarification on potential numbers direct from the CIA:

North Korea:

Manpower available for military service: males age 16-49: 6,132,987 females age 16-49: 6,119,405 (2010 est.)

males age 16-49: 4,127,999 females age 16-49: 4,522,707 (2010 est.)

CIA - North Korea

USA

Manpower available for military service:
males age 16-49: 73,145,586
females age 16-49: 71,880,788 (2010 est.)

Manpower fit for military service:
males age 16-49: 60,388,734
females age 16-49: 59,217,809 (2010 est.)

CIA - USA

I dont think the USA will be running out of service personel any time soon

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by camaro68ss

Your for that? You want the United States to make slaves of it's 300 million plus citizens? Over something that is no threat to us directly at all?

When i made that statment i was under Impression that china was going to attack the USA. This comes back to the “does anyone remember what happened to Rome” with that said if the USA would be attack by china yes the draft would be instated just like it was for both world wars. All men 18-30 would be enlisted. Not all 300+ million Americans. would you fight for your county if it was invated? im sorry you see it as being inslaved in this kind of sanario. i see it as fighting for my freedom

No, not all men 18-30 would not be enlisted. Nor would they be drafted.

You need to research what happens in a draft.

No one here has been talking about being invaded. You lept from war in korea to China invading the US.

under invashion all americans would fight back.... dont kid yourself. you might roll over and hide but where im from we fight. and again it all comes back to the "what happend it rome" if you dont understand your history then it would make sence you dont know what im talking about

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Your for that? The draft? Im just curious.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

No im not for the draft, but in the event of a full scale war on the scale of WW2 then a draft would be inevitable IMO

Edit: And i was just pointing out that if needed the USA has more than enough people able to fight in the military

edit on 24/11/10 by moosevernel because: to add text

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's a very good thing you arent in a military command post. You seem to think no one in the world would be a match for the US. You seem to think that we are the only ones with advanced military tech. Hate to break it to you, the united states, regardless of allies(of which the US is running thin on), getting into a conflict with China and Russia would end VERY bad for everyone involved.

Do you have any grasp of repercussions?
edit on 24-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

i think you under estimate the might of america! yes we have the best military and are number one in military tech. we have the strongest economy and are closest alies all have 3rd, 4th, and 5th strongest economys.

Add on the US is not running thin on its allies. I dont know where you get that number from and yes a conflict with china and russia would be dier but i have full belife that america and her allies would win.

I think you vastly overestimate it. How are we doing in Afghanistan? How'd we do in Vietnam? How'd the Bay of Pigs go?

Please tell me why you say we have the best military and the best tech. I would LOVE for you to back that up. But you cant, so I wont hold my breath.

We have the strongest economy? I'm not even going to touch on that, because if you think this is true, you are VERY out of touch.

America has far less allies than it did 15 years ago. This is common knowledge.

So we get down to it. All of your statements here are based on your belief that america would win. Not on fact, not on logic, but on your belief.

'Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

that is the plan, the thing about this NK is that it, the war never ended. It is in their eyes NK and China's, not finished, the only way to finish it, is to defeat us, have control over us, the Sk and the USA. They wanted to wait till they had the weaponry to take us on and now they do, and now we have a leader ship that is talk no action, we the people have no fight in us, and that is there leg to stand on.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Your for that? You want the United States to make slaves of it's 300 million plus citizens? Over something that is no threat to us directly at all?

When i made that statment i was under Impression that china was going to attack the USA. This comes back to the “does anyone remember what happened to Rome” with that said if the USA would be attack by china yes the draft would be instated just like it was for both world wars. All men 18-30 would be enlisted. Not all 300+ million Americans. would you fight for your county if it was invated? im sorry you see it as being inslaved in this kind of sanario. i see it as fighting for my freedom

No, not all men 18-30 would not be enlisted. Nor would they be drafted.

You need to research what happens in a draft.

No one here has been talking about being invaded. You lept from war in korea to China invading the US.

under invashion all americans would fight back.... dont kid yourself. you might roll over and hide but where im from we fight. and again it all comes back to the "what happend it rome" if you dont understand your history then it would make sence you dont know what im talking about

Again, you are leaping here, and trying to divert from your previous illogical statements. We arent talking about being invaded. We are talking about war with one of China's allies, and the likelihood that they will step in.

You still miss the point of the rome comment. Sad, really. Rome fell for one reason and one reason only-they overextended their military. Everything that came after that was a consequence of this. If you dont get that, theres no point in going any further.

And I usually don't do this, but spell check truly is your friend. All these little red lines in your posts are killing me.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
Just some clarification on potential numbers direct from the CIA:

North Korea:

Manpower available for military service: males age 16-49: 6,132,987 females age 16-49: 6,119,405 (2010 est.)

males age 16-49: 4,127,999 females age 16-49: 4,522,707 (2010 est.)

CIA - North Korea

USA

Manpower available for military service:
males age 16-49: 73,145,586
females age 16-49: 71,880,788 (2010 est.)

Manpower fit for military service:
males age 16-49: 60,388,734
females age 16-49: 59,217,809 (2010 est.)

CIA - USA

I dont think the USA will be running out of service personel any time soon

You forget something though-NK will have no issues with sending those unfit for battle to fight. The US will not.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All this chitter chatter about a war between the two Koreas, with the U.S. quite obviously on the side of the South Koreans, leaves out a very, very wild card...that would be the Peoples Republic of China. What will the Chinese do, in the event of an actual shooting war on the Korean Penninsula?

This must be looked at carefully. Does China risk pissing off it's greatest trade partner, the United States, in an effort to support a regime in North Korea that will bite them just as soon as it thinks it can? In aid of what? Domination of Asia, both militarily and commercially? Why do that? A continuation of its currant practises will seemingly lead to that without having to resort to an actual shooting war that they could very well lose.

China remembers, only too well, what happened the last time they went head to head on the Korean penninsula with a military equal...a draw at best, and they lost entire armies in the process. A casualty count of that sort of magnitude would, I think, result in another Revolution, and the old timers in power know this only too well.

Personally? I think China would make all the proper noises in support of their "brethren" in the North, but it would be only lip service. Their long term interests would seem to dictate non involvement, at least on the side of the North Koreans...

But as someone pointed out, this sort of event has been happening with regularity since the Truce was signed back in the day. Nothing really new here. If cooler heads prevail, as they usually do, this'll blow over.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Afhan, and vietnam are both wars America fought with no total win goal. we fought with our hands behind our backs limiting our men to rules of engament for the most part is a joke on a full out war.

Yes we have the Strongest economy our GDP ration is 2nd to non

we have the best military because we equip our men with the best. body armor, night vision, M16's equipt with night vision scopes and red dots. A1M1 abrum tanks, F-22, State of the art nuclear powered Aircraft carriers. satellite logistics. The highest in communications from the front lines to the command centers. it impossible to list it all. the question is can you list the reasons why we are not number one here.

can you provide some information with these arguments? sounds like I’m doing all the back ups here. tell me why we suck so much?

and im sorry for the spelling. im not really good at it. by no means does it mean im stupid.
edit on 24-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Even if they did the USA still outnumber NK almost 10 -1

I dont believe that NK could honestly win on thier own, if China stepped in that would be a very different story.

But if anything were to kick off with NK and SK it wouldnt just be NK vs SK

It would be NK vs SK, USA, UK, AUS, JAP and probably more

without China i dont believe they would last long, it would be a different kind of warfare than the war being fought in Afghanistan and Iraq so i dont believe thats any comparison

Would China step in? Nobody knows that except China....Things would not turn out good if they did as i think the russians may just step in on thier side.

I hope nothing happens tbh

Edit to add: IF NK sent those people unfit for battle to do battle they would be more of a hindrance to the NK army than help tbh
edit on 24/11/10 by moosevernel because: Add text

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

How do you think China will react to all out war in Korea? I'm curious, it's a tough spot for them, I think they'll just give them supplies but maybe not they could actully sent troops etc....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

agreed, china has to be sweating right now. There in a very tough prediciment. Personaly I think they wouldn't back up N Korea as much as last time, but I think they would send over supplies, maybe secretly.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Didn't somebody in the US called Hal Turner leak something about plans for NK?

He said about a Submarine launching Cruise Missiles (he even named the specific type from his source) and taking out the border between NK and SK in one go, all timed to hit at the same time etc.!

Then he was arrested or something and hasn't been heard from since!

Anybody know anything about this, any more sources or leaks?

Does anybody know anybody in the Forces over there, what their plans or orders are, anything changed this last couple of days?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i can tell by reading that no one knows the NK or Chinas way of thinking send in the unfit, the week the sick first and send in the 2 best, strong, young, willing to die then the 1 best, now they are not ones to mess with, they can kill with one move in hand to hand, have spent 20 years training, know our weapons and tactics better than we do, this is were the numbers play out, keep the war going for us to send in the experienced troops then the untrained, till we have no one left with combat experience, in this scenario, we get invaded.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? What do the Chinese do?

In the long term, their best option is, IMHO, actually siding with the South Koreans. South Korea, despite their recent economic travails, are still an economic powerhouse on a global scale. North Korea? Not so much. I should think having South Korea as a grateful friend is much preferable to an angry enemy. The same hold true in the relationship with the United States. The last thing China wants is a return to the icy relations of the fifties and sixties...again, my humble opinion.

China's the key.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Afhan, and vietnam are both wars america fought with no total win goal. we fought with our hands behind our backs limiting our men to rules of engament for the most part is a joke on a full out war.

Yes we have the Strongest econommy our GDP ration is 2nd to non

we have the best military because we equip our men with the best. body armor, night vision, M16's equipt with night vision scopes and red dots. A1M1 abrum tanks, F-22, State of the art nuculer powered Aircraft cariers. satilite logistics. The highest in comunications from the front lines to the comand centers. it imposible to list it all. the question is can you list the resons why we are not number one here.

can you provide some information with these arguments? sounds like im doing all the back ups here. tell me why we suck so much?

Make excuses all you want. You are still talking about wars in which we were not even able to achieve our goals, let alone win(although, no one wins a war).

So your measurement of strongest economy is based ONLY on GDP? There's a heck of alot more to it than that. How can you possibly be so simplistic? And, according to the IMF and the CIA Wold Factbook, the US is second to someone (the EU).

There is far more to strength of economy than GDP however. I'm not going to get into economics here, as it is very in depth and I am by no means an expert, but sufficed to say, if you think it is only GDP, you have A LOT of learning to do.

Again, you throw out generic examples of why 'we are the best' Best body armour? Sorry, thats tech every country has. Night vision? Old hat. M16's arent even standard anymore. Red dots? You mean laser sighting? Again, that is VERY old tech that everyone has. Not to mention based on your previous statement non of these things should matter, as we 'will blow them out of the sky', remember?

Tanks, planes-everyones got em. Sattelite and comm? We arent the only ones. Seems you think every other country is living in the stoneage.

Reason we arent #1? I'll say it again-Afghanistan. Also, the whole idea of who is #1 is irrelevant. The intangibles in place in a war, especially on foreign soil, are so many that they cant even be listed.

I personally never said we 'suck so much', but i have to commend you on your eloquent wording. ALl I have said is that the idea that no one is a match for us is absurd.

Again, I suggest you step away from CoD and Rambo, and look at the real world.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Didn't somebody in the US called Hal Turner leak something about plans for NK?

He said about a Submarine launching Cruise Missiles (he even named the specific type from his source) and taking out the border between NK and SK in one go, all timed to hit at the same time etc.!

Then he was arrested or something and hasn't been heard from since!

Anybody know anything about this, any more sources or leaks?

Does anybody know anybody in the Forces over there, what their plans or orders are, anything changed this last couple of days?

Hal Turner is a known, paid government shill.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
is it just me of have the Koreans been "on the brink" of war for about 4-5 years now?
2nd

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 24-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: DP

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join