It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

our troops are not spread to thin. dont forget we fought Japan and the Germans in WW2 dont under estimate the USA. this country if fully capible of fighting in koria along side its allies
edit on 24-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Yes, they are. Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Japan, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Belgium, Turkey, Bahrain, Kuwait....the U.S. has over 300,000 troops stationed in over 120 countries.

Anyone know why Rome fell?

yes this is true but we also have 100+ million ready able body men fresh for enlistment.

and to regards to Rome, they fell because they out sourced there army when it comes down to it. Little different story

100 million? Please provide a source for that number for me. I dont buy it for a second.

As for rome, they stretched their military too thin. Bottom line. Which is why they had to outsource (Xe, Wackenhut, anyone?) History-it's pretty important.

No comments on the 'iraq had the 5th largest army' statement?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

So how do you think China will play out in all of this? Think they'll be nuetral, think they'll take an active stand? What do you think they'll do?

i'm not sure

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Do not for get they, North Korea, has Big brother China to watch his back, and little ill, has his son running the show, i think this was done to show daddy ill that son ill has the nerve to start the next war, by the end of Nov we could be in for a lot of hurt, for i do think that they NK has a nuke or two, via China, just like Cuba did in the 63' , i think it is fire cracker compared to what the NK really wants, that is why they are trying to build a reactor, maybe they already did, and yes i call them ill, for they are ill.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yes, Iraq had the 5th largest army in the world. Right now, North Korea has the fourth largest army in the world. They have at least 46,000 battle ships and 110,000 military jets.
And saying navy and air dominance would be gained in hours? Too much top gun in your life.

AND too much BS in yours.

If you took the UK, US, Russian and Chinese navies combined you wouldn't get that many uuuhmmm..."Battleships"

110,000 Jets eh?

Need a source? You are correct the 110,000 was a mistype on my part, it is 1100. Itchy typing finger on my part. and that number is actually higher now. I will go back and correct it. And you are wrong about the Navy's, but I guess you want to try and pigeon hole all 'battleships' into those that can engage in combat. And yes, that number is lower. However, a battleship is not just that. Any amphibious craft can be classified as a battle ship. But here, since you want only those that are truly combat, its around 700.

The bottom line is, all you gung-ho, go US people are absurd. To think we would walk in and defeat Nkorea so swiftly is not only foolish, it is arrogant and dangerous.

www.globalfirepower.com...
Glad to see we have a load of commandos on here who will challenge numbers without actually backing up their argument.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

the key word here is "ready for enlistment" as i was saying that i was implying a draft. there our 300+ million americans. you do the math.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

it's different now, we didn't have a 2 financialy draining wars going on for 10 years army bases with troops literaly all over the world, nuclear bombs, etc. Things about us are just different now, we had a constotution back then, our people were tougher, everyones weapons were less ineficient. I'm not underestimating us i'm just saying our troops ARE spread thin. 28,500 to over a million strong. That's not spread to thin?

Your guys understanding of military tactics seems to be poor. Once the USA gains air and navy supremacy, and this will happen within hours of war, we will dominate NK. We can take out hundreds of thousands of troops without setting foot on shore. Look at gulf war 1991. Iraq had the 5th largest army in the world and we had no problem with them.

Like you said this is not 1941-45 anymore. We would take them out from the ski and have the troops pick off the left over. Numbers don’t matter anymore. It’s all about technology and who has more off it.

A million troops on the ground is no match for a F-22 raptor in the air.

edit on 24-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Yes, Iraq had the 5th largest army in the world. Right now, North Korea has the fourth largest army in the world. They have at least 46,000 battle ships and 110,000 military jets.

Everyone gets all caught up in the whole 'iraq had the fifth largest military' bs. Perhaps you ought to take a look at the dropoff after the big 4. Iraq, even at there strongest, could not sniff the military power of the big 4.

Also, standing military means very little in this day and age. Tech means WAY more. And like it or not, N Korea has some tech. Its not iraq with very little actual military weaponry and sophistication.

And saying navy and air dominance would be gained in hours? Too much top gun in your life.

Can you please cite your information? From what i've seen, the North Korean Navy only has 46,000 members, not 46,000 battleships. Also, their ships are for local waters only, limiting their range to about 50 km offshore. The reasoning behind this? Many of their ships are extremely small, including their submarines. Furthermore, the North Korean Airforce has 110,000 members, with 1,600-1,700 cold war era aircraft. Better than Iraq? Yes, but still no match for the United States Air Force. Naval dominance is already in place, and the skies would be taken in a matter of days. We could win the war without stepping foot on that hellhole

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'd love it if you would actually back up your 'we would wipe them out' statements instead of only attacking statements others' make.

'Course, that is status quo around here....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

China.... i really dont care what china has to say about it. As far as i know China only has one major friend and thats Russia. If China wanted to start a fight with america you would have the whole world crashing down on china. China does not have to many friends.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Your for that? You want the United States to make slaves of it's 300 million plus citizens? Over something that is no threat to us directly at all?

i'm not sure if your talking about the korea 'theat' specificaly or not, so if your not just tell me.

also: I meant China backing N korea, not attacking our mainland or any of our territory, just backing N korea.

edit on 24-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: had to add stuff

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by awfitz

I did cite my numbers, and went back and corrected my first post, as it wasnt clear or completely accurate.

That being said, range means very little, when you consider that the war will be fought within that range.

Finally, you forget that while our 'navy dominance' is in place(not that dominant), what happens when NKorea's good friend China brings their 'naval dominance'?

Seems everyone forgets that side of things.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It's a very good thing you arent in a military command post. You seem to think no one in the world would be a match for the US. You seem to think that we are the only ones with advanced military tech. Hate to break it to you, the united states, regardless of allies(of which the US is running thin on), getting into a conflict with China and Russia would end VERY bad for everyone involved.

Do you have any grasp of repercussions?
edit on 24-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The moves stepped up by the U.S. to tighten the alliance under the fictitious "threat" from the DPRK are nothing but a serious military provocation as they drive the situation into an extreme phase.

The U.S. is the arch criminal threatening the peace and stability of the region including the peninsula and making the hostile relations persist there. The above-said moves of the U.S. should be held in check at once

SOURCE KCNA

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Your for that? You want the United States to make slaves of it's 300 million plus citizens? Over something that is no threat to us directly at all?

When i made that statment i was under Impression that china was going to attack the USA. This comes back to the “does anyone remember what happened to Rome” with that said if the USA would be attack by china yes the draft would be instated just like it was for both world wars. All men 18-30 would be enlisted. Not all 300+ million Americans. would you fight for your county if it was invated? im sorry you see it as being inslaved in this kind of sanario. i see it as fighting for my freedom

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

the key word here is "ready for enlistment" as i was saying that i was implying a draft. there our 300+ million americans. you do the math.

Wow. So you are for a draft, for a war with China and russia....

Enlistment is not the same as a draft, first of all. Ready for enlistment means they will willingly sign up.
Second, you dont think NK would implement a draft? Or china, if needed? The united states isnt the only country with population, and frankly, we wouldnt send armed children to the front lines, as these countries would. Not to mention that When you enter a country, you arent just fighting the army, you are fighting everyone, as we are seeing in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

I know that movies and video games paint a pretty picture of US military dominance, but you might want to look at the real world instead.

Still love to see a source on your numbers.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

When i made that statment i was under Impression that china was going to attack the USA. This comes back to the “does anyone remember what happened to Rome” with that said if the USA would be attack by china yes the draft would be instated just like it was for both world wars. All men 18-30 would be enlisted. Not all 300+ million Americans. would you fight for your county if it was invated? im sorry you see it as being inslaved in this kind of sanario. i see it as fighting for my freedom

No, not all men 18-30 would not be enlisted. Nor would they be drafted.

You need to research what happens in a draft.

No one here has been talking about being invaded. You lept from war in korea to China invading the US.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The bottom line is, all you gung-ho, go US people are absurd. To think we would walk in and defeat Nkorea so swiftly is not only foolish, it is arrogant and dangerous.

Glad to see we have a load of commandos on here who will challenge numbers without actually backing up their argument.

AND...

Where exactly have I been advocating an attack on North Korea?

Assume much?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's a very good thing you arent in a military command post. You seem to think no one in the world would be a match for the US. You seem to think that we are the only ones with advanced military tech. Hate to break it to you, the united states, regardless of allies(of which the US is running thin on), getting into a conflict with China and Russia would end VERY bad for everyone involved.

Do you have any grasp of repercussions?
edit on 24-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

i think you under estimate the might of america! yes we have the best military and are number one in military tech. we have the strongest economy and are closest alies all have 3rd, 4th, and 5th strongest economys.

Add on the US is not running thin on its allies. I dont know where you get that number from and yes a conflict with china and russia would be dier but i have full belife that america and her allies would win.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

and of that number how many a fit to fight? we are in sad shape, most are over weight need drugs/ meds to get through the day, not to mention the fact they are not willing to get drafted, that leaves a person like me, old torn up body, but willing to defend our country if need be.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

AND...

Where exactly have I been advocating an attack on North Korea?

Assume much?

Are you the only one in the thread?
I quoted your response so that you'd see the source. Never said you advocated anything.

Seems you are the one ASSUMING that was meant for you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

yea... I was talking about China's stance on defending North Korea and them fighting us over there..... not them attacking our mainland or territories.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join