It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German vandals target Street View opt-out homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

German vandals target Street View opt-out homes

www.bbc.co.uk

German home-owners who have chosen to opt out of Google's Street View service appear to have become the unsuspecting victims of anti-privacy vandals.

Local media report that homes in Essen, west Germany have been pelted with eggs and had 'Google's cool' notices pinned to their doors.

The properties involved have all chosen to be blurred on Google's Street View service.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is a slightly bizarre story.

With a lot of talk claiming that Google Street View is intrusive and an invasion of privacy, it appears that some people in the German city of Essen have taken a different view on the matter.

Houses were apparently targeted because their owners opted-out of having their properties shown on Street View.

Is this just a harmless prank by some people, or a sign of an attitude change from people raised in the Information Age, where the concept of privacy is seemingly becoming less important ?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-11-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Lol, thats a gag I would have played a few years ago.

It's funny, when google earth came out, it had such a profound effect on my life.

I got caught skipping class, on top of that, I got caught smoking. How? I saw a wierd van driving down the road and decided to stare at the wierd thing on top

Needless to say, my old man went on google earth street view to see my highschool, and there i was. Staring right out of the screen with smoke in my mouth.

I got grounded for weeks.

Thanks Google! You created one big mass ripple effect.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

How did your dad know it was you? All the faces are blurred out, also, how did he know you skipped school? He won't have known what time the camera car was driving round?
Just curious.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Haha, I assure you, I was not blurred. And my backpack gave it away, along with me and my best friend being the only ones at the smoke pit. I don't know about your dad, but mine didn't think twice about what time it was.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
busted.. the slightly crazed but mostly harmless e-vangelicals would have to remind you that liars go to hell.

top topics

join