It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Help me Identify this object

page: 4
11
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 

Eep, it indeed seems that no new images have been uploaded to your MATS-account. The "media upload" page speaks of a limit of 50mb, but it's possible that a different size limit is set for personal pictures. Uploading media has been disabled for a while, so that won't help either. You could try to upload again with a different browser, or use imageshack to upload your images. ATS embeds images from imageshack, so it should work quite seamless - just upload your image, copy the url of the upload, and treat it as an MATS upload.

By the way, seeing as the size is a good 3000x2000, I must admit I understand why you resized them a lot better.. People would be looking at a black rectangle - albeit one with scrollbars.. ;]




posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
because what we have here are out of focus, distorted blobs of light that could be anything,

well yea
that part I would agree with.
my camera must be using a setting
that does not focus on what I want it
to focus on, so it appears blurry in
parts of the image. I guess that is
my fault for not knowing how to use
the darn thing well enough.
Sorry for that focusing thing.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
reply to post by boondock-saint
 

Eep, it indeed seems that no new images have been uploaded to your MATS-account. The "media upload" page speaks of a limit of 50mb, but it's possible that a different size limit is set for personal pictures. Uploading media has been disabled for a while, so that won't help either. You could try to upload again with a different browser, or use imageshack to upload your images. ATS embeds images from imageshack, so it should work quite seamless - just upload your image, copy the url of the upload, and treat it as an MATS upload.

By the way, seeing as the size is a good 3000x2000, I must admit I understand why you resized them a lot better.. People would be looking at a black rectangle - albeit one with scrollbars.. ;]

don't u have to have an account to use
imageshack? I do not have one

And I do not want to go to all the trouble
of creating an account just for these 3 pics.
How bout sending me ur e-mail in a u2u and
I'll send them to ya and you can post them
in the thread then u will have the originals


And yes, 3000 X 2000 is too large to post
in a thread, that is why I resized



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by The Shrike
Since you used a flash at first I thought it was just a lens flare resulting from something bright on the tree such as shiny bark. But when I saw the other photos I figured you caught a UFO because it remains Unidentified, even if it's plane or a balloon or something just as mundane.

I did NOT use a flash.
My camera only uses the
flash when you pull that lil
flash arm upwards. Mine was down.
I never pulled it up. The light u see
on the ground are coming from my
headlights on my vehicle. I was
standing right in front of them
in the middle.


A minor faux pas on my part but it's immaterial as the bottom line is that I meant a light source. But since it's obvious that your headlights did not create the aerial object then the object has to be treated as an unknown, meaning that no one can tell you specifically what it is. Only uneducated guesses.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by boondock-saint
 
It looks like your classic UFO,you might try to see if it comes back in the following nights,from what I hear they don't just show up once.If indeed it is a ufo it seems they came to your area for a specific reason.Ya never know.........that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

bro, I really don't think this is et related.
I think it can be explained away with
a reasonable explanation. However, I just
ain't 100% sure what that explanation is
at present.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


Imageshack is account-free! You can just slap up your picture without worries. There are a bunch of similar services (such as imagebin), but of imageshack I'm sure that ATS will embed them like normal images. Here's the link again for maximum ease.

Since you kind of have a point with not posting an image of possibly several megabytes in a thread possibly viewed by people with a narrow bandwidth.. maybe just post it as an url instead of embedding it with [ img ]
..



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy
How long was this light in the sky? What happened to it after the photos were taken? Did it fly off, vanish or what?

well as I said there was scattered cloud cover.
The clouds kept covering it up and I got frustrated
waiting for it to come back and left to go get
my breakfast. I have no idea how low the cloud
cover was so I can't tell ya how high this was
in the air.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's interesting, and I don't think it's a balloon. It's ufo-ish.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
Imageshack is account-free! You can just slap up your picture without worries.

oh kewl, thanks
I think I did it.
here's the links to the 3 originals.
please note, they are huge files
2MB, 1 MB, 2MB

img72.imageshack.us...
img231.imageshack.us...
img529.imageshack.us...

hope this works



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


From what I'm reading it seems this object never moved..
Or atleast not while you were on the side of the road..

Did you look when you got back from the shops?
And whey the hell do you get the hungries at 5am? What you been smoking ?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
From what I'm reading it seems this object never moved..
Or atleast not while you were on the side of the road..

Did you look when you got back from the shops?
And whey the hell do you get the hungries at 5am? What you been smoking ?

I did not see it jumping around like
some folks claim with their sightings.
But I have no clue if it moved at all.
It may have just been playing hide
and seek with me behind the cloud
cover.
As far as smoking, that would be
Menthol 100's



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
That light it definetly Venus. I saw it myself, I am on the east Coast as well and it took me by surprise.
But Venus 100%

well unless anybody else
comes along with a better
scapegoat, then Venus is
my #1 suspect at this time
which is why I asked if it was
Venus in the OP.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
That light it definetly Venus. I saw it myself, I am on the east Coast as well and it took me by surprise.
But Venus 100%

well unless anybody else
comes along with a better
scapegoat, then Venus is
my #1 suspect at this time
which is why I asked if it was
Venus in the OP.


Boonie, I was planning on taking a pic of Venus myself this morning, but alas it looks like there will be significant cloud cover, but I think I know what brand cigarettes you were smoking....



important to note...super special filters



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I zoomed in on a couple of the imageshack photos you posted. The first two, actually. They look entirely unalike, in both shape and color. What did the light appear as in the sky? Was it just a single dot or did it have shape or were you unable to discern w/your vision (you mentioned it isn't what it used to be)?

At what point did you stop observing the light and at what point did you realize it was no longer there?

The second imageshack pic, to me, looks just like a moth or other flier in your headlights. Then I read that it didn't move, so there goes that...



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
You described it as it going behind the tree, was it moving? Someone said Venus, and you sort of almost wanted to agree, and left open that option... How long did you observe it?

If it was moving I couldn't tell.
I think it going behind the clouds
made it appear to be moving
cuz the clouds were moving
in front of it.

And yes Venus is my #1 suspect
at present.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 





As far as smoking, that would be menthol 100's


Ah, the truth comes out. MENTHOL 100'S!!!



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
but I think I know what brand cigarettes you were smoking....

lmao, good one
no, not quite

I'd rather not say
what name brand
cuz if I do the gubment
will want to raise the
tax on them again
and they have become
too expensive already.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by backinblack
From what I'm reading it seems this object never moved..
Or atleast not while you were on the side of the road..


As far as smoking, that would be
Menthol 100's



OT: Dude! Menthols?

edit on 24-11-2010 by mobtek because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Myendica
You described it as it going behind the tree, was it moving? Someone said Venus, and you sort of almost wanted to agree, and left open that option... How long did you observe it?

If it was moving I couldn't tell.
I think it going behind the clouds
made it appear to be moving
cuz the clouds were moving
in front of it.

And yes Venus is my #1 suspect
at present.


It's my #2 Genesis is my # 1 still



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
 

Yay! Works like a charm. Thanks for the effort, hope you didn't mind. So far, I haven't found any new details like I expected to, despite the virtual absence of compression artefacts in the originals. I'm not done playing with filters yet though - if I find anything, I'll let you know
!



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join