It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Has A Mini Ice Age Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone Haywire!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
How do you post Breaking News!
Followed by a question?

Lol! The breaking news is the jet stream anomaly, the reason for the thread is to discuss possible repercussions so I beg the question

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
so many snow weather warnings for UK this weekend, its very unusual for this amount of snow during november, we usually get the snow around jan/feb... except scotland, and temperatures are very low.

www.metoffice.gov.uk... take a look at all weather warnings for snow.

UK regions: Central, Tayside & Fife
Grampian
Yorkshire & Humber
Highlands & Eilean Siar
SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders
East Midlands
North East England
Heavy Snow Thu 25 Nov
Issued at: 1132 Wed 24 Nov

UK regions: Orkney & Shetland
Wales
Grampian
Yorkshire & Humber
Highlands & Eilean Siar
North East England
Heavy Snow Fri 26 Nov

UK regions: East of England
Central, Tayside & Fife
Yorkshire & Humber
London & South East England
East Midlands
Orkney & Shetland
Grampian
Highlands & Eilean Siar
North East England
Heavy Snow Sat 27 Nov

Issued at: 1133 Wed 24 Nov

UK regions: East of England
Central, Tayside & Fife
Yorkshire & Humber
London & South East England
East Midlands
Orkney & Shetland
Grampian
Highlands & Eilean Siar
North East England
Heavy Snow Sun 28 Nov

edit on 24-11-2010 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Keep an eye on that link, and watch just how many changes there are. The met office are rubbish at forcasting anything longer than 23 minutes into the future. Yesterday there were no warnings and it was going to snow in loads of places. (including where i live) Now, there are loads of warnings, but if you hit the play button, you'll see that there's not much snow in relation to the warnings. (and snow has gone from where i live
this is my major gripe with the met office, they lie to me, get me all exited, and then slam my emotions into the ground) The ever changing forcasts, it's only wednesday, we could have sunshine and showers by friday. (unless the Jet stream is about to kick my ass, ofcourse)

I will wait and see what happens, it's the only way to be sure.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by Itop1

Keep an eye on that link, and watch just how many changes there are. The met office are rubbish at forcasting anything longer than 23 minutes into the future. Yesterday there were no warnings and it was going to snow in loads of places. (including where i live) Now, there are loads of warnings, but if you hit the play button, you'll see that there's not much snow in relation to the warnings. (and snow has gone from where i live
this is my major gripe with the met office, they lie to me, get me all exited, and then slam my emotions into the ground) The ever changing forcasts, it's only wednesday, we could have sunshine and showers by friday. (unless the Jet stream is about to kick my ass, ofcourse)

I will wait and see what happens, it's the only way to be sure.

I totally agree with you, the met office are sh**... i usually take the forecast from 2-3 sites and do an average, but i was suprised by the amount of snow warnings for this time of year, especially in the south!! crazy, north its normal, but south it isnt.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Actually, it's not really normal in the north this early either, hun, at least outside the Cairngorms, (where I am, but only just.) It's still snowing 50p's here, perhaps an inch or two in the last hour, so it looks like the Met Office might have this one right. Will keep you posted later, or in the morning. I *love* getting snowed in!

edit on 24-11-2010 by caitlinfae because: for spelling poo

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi there.

i totally agree about the MET Office.

i now use this very accurate site:

www.metvuw.com...

as you can see on their long range maps....there is a def push down from the north.....
and from this date:0600 GMT Mon 29 Nov 2010...Europe seeems to go a bit haywire ....( esp for me in North Portugal )
keep warms folks !!

snoopyuk
edit on 24-11-2010 by snoopyuk because: addition

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So this means global warming is fake I thought we were going to burn up and drown???

Wow these scientist need to make up their mind.

Were going to have the Climate Change scientist vs. ICE AGE scientist

hahahahaha that will be THE GREAT DEBATE

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Can I get a pass on this? I live in the northeren part of B.C. canada. Our winters are cold enough as it is.

Seriously, I was hoping for more of the 'warming' not the ice age.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You know what would be the ultimate conspiracy??? That they (the powers to be, of course) are manipulating our weather to increase the over-whelming need for more petrol in order to keep the furnaces a-blazin'.

Either way I roll the dice, I somehow always factor in the Elite as being involved.

Maybe I need a breather from ATS?

(nah)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Well that was Calgary... But you forgot to mention that the weather is going to be warmer here this weekend as per the usual. We have had warmer winters over the last two winters in Alberta so I'm kind of confused as to why you use our enviroment as a expample. We're due for a cold one.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It's HAARP!
Just kidding.
Maybe.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Hey, this being HAARP is within the scope of reasonableness (in my world anyway).

Take your pick:

HAARP
Pole Shift (magnetic, core or crustal)
Pollution
Alien Intervention
Natural cycle of Earths' weather patterns

It's one or the other. I personally lean towards the first two with the last, coming in third.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Well, I always think it's HAARP, lol. But it's probably a combination of all or some of the things that you mentioned, more likely. I never discount HAARP in these matters. It has too much sinister potential for me to accept that they are using it only for what they say they are. That being said, I just saw this other thread and thought it might be relative to this thread in some way? I remember reading stuff about the waves from HAARP or similar technology having the possibility to interfere with birds natural migration techniques. That aside though, this could still have a connection to the weather and climate change, even without sinister technological involvement.

Bird Migration Disruption

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by SpaceJ

Hey, this being HAARP is within the scope of reasonableness (in my world anyway).

Take your pick:

HAARP
Pole Shift (magnetic, core or crustal)
Pollution
Alien Intervention
Natural cycle of Earths' weather patterns

It's one or the other. I personally lean towards the first two with the last, coming in third.

Don't smart people who know what their talking about use the last one/??

I personally prefer alien intervention becuase that THAT ONE US UUUUUBER

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Only if it's aliens intervening to stop our use of HAARP.
Hey, it's possible...

edit on 11/24/2010 by SpaceJ because: because

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Interesting post - will follow. I have been waiting to see how the stream shapes up this Winter and how the GOM disruption will manifest. Apparently the loop has stopped before but this is scary news about the jet stream. Thanks, OP

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Hey, it's possible...

It's probably with the help of their technological know-how that this sucker exists in the first place!!!
Remember, we were just learning to fly only 4 generations ago and still....the majority of mankind still has an average IQ of 86.32!

Go figger!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Hey, it's possible...

It's probably with the help of their technological know-how that this sucker exists in the first place!!!
Remember, we were just learning to fly only 4 generations ago and still....the majority of mankind still has an average IQ of 86.32!

Go figger!

HEHEEHEHE!! Now THAT was funny! Sadly true, but funny stuff
We really havent advanced all that much but folks sure love to talk about how great and smart we are. If I were an alien, Id wait a while before coming to earth and agitating the hairless primates.

Hey SpaceJ... I now live in the midwest as well.. hubby transfered here. I cant imagine how human beings actually LIVE here much less thrive! LOL! Too many wild temp swings and the allergens. I have NEVER had allergies. My family is from Montana, but I was born and raised in New Orleans, La. You know, allergen heaven. No problems EVER until I moved to Illinois near St. Louis. You all have some different and scary flora here apparently. I can swear to you that I have been sick with one sinus infection or another for almost 3 years solid and Ive went weeks solid with a headache of varying degrees of severity. This evil yankee place is going to kill yet another Southerner!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm in Illinois, too, born and raised though. So funny you mention the allergies, I know your pain, as I mentioned earlier in post. I've been sick all month as well. Looks like the consensus is to get the heck out of here. I've tried and tried but it hasn't happened yet.
Weather is crazy, cold and gloomy today, it was 70 degrees just a couple of days ago! My body can't figure out what time of the year it is

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Though I haven't read all the post here on this thread, I do see the changing effects of the weather. With all the sciences and Global warming hub-bub, it is hard to discern if it is really happening or not. If I were venture an educated guess, I would lay my bets on "The earth has done this many times before recorded history." and it is bound to happen again. When? I don't know, but it could be now.
Weather where I am at is at winters beginnings, and it is ice, freezing rain and treacherous driving and road conditions. The reason why I bring this up is because we almost always get the snow storm before we get the ice storms this early in the season.
Here's a link I found that mentions a lot of weather phenomena that has been going on for the past month.

www.iceagenow.com...

I would have pasted all the information in this website, but why waste the space in this thread!! LOL
It is very interesting to see that there has been so much of these changes everywhere. If this is the beginning of the "Next Ice-age" I know there will be a lot of chaos and turmoil with this "Possible" situation.
S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join