It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ignorance of Creationists

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
there us no Ignorance of Creationists..
im not a creationist my self....but....im not hardcore atheist like richard dawkin

Jerome Groopman, a professor of medicine at Harvard, and William D. Phillips, Nobel laureate in physics and a fellow of the Joint Quantum Institute of the University of Maryland and the National Institute of Standards and Technology and many others...who are theists........

Phillips, a Methodist, also drew from science to make his argument in favor of God's relevance, saying physicists know there are things that are "really, really improbable, but they are not really impossible according to the laws of physics ... From what I know about physics, it's not impossible to imagine a world in which God acts but we never can prove it."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by russguy123

Yeah, but none of them proved their claim that god exists...whereas when it comes to their scientific accomplishments, they did that.

Also, you're using an argumentative fallacy called argument from authority.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I never said theists are ignorant, I said that most creationists are. Theism doesn't imply creationism. Prime mover arguments don't count as creationism.

Please, try to stay on topic. I'm not arguing against theism here, I'm arguing against creationism.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I never said theists are ignorant, I said that most creationists are.

You earlier stated the creationists are ignorant this covers all of them. Read your own thread title. Now you're back peddling in the hopes that we can't read.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy

You earlier stated the creationists are ignorant this covers all of them. Read your own thread title. Now you're back peddling in the hopes that we can't read.

True, those who aren't ignorant but instead choose scripture over objective evidence are deluded.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

You earlier stated the creationists are ignorant this covers all of them.

All creationists are theists, not all theists are creationists.

Read your own thread title.

Try reading the first post. I hate quoting myself...especially when this is the second time I've had to requote this in the last few days.

Well, I'd like to actually call into question the amount of education and research that the majority of creationists on here have with regard to the sciences.

Now you're back peddling in the hopes that we can't read.

No, I'm hoping you can understand basic concepts of the English language. Like that there are subgroups whose members are part of a larger group but are not representative of the whole.

Theists are a big group that are further subdivided.
Creationists are a division of that group.
Not all theists are creationists, but all creationists are theists.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuppy

You earlier stated the creationists are ignorant this covers all of them.

All creationists are theists, not all theists are creationists.

By them, I meant Creationists.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Well, I clearly didn't say that all creationists are ignorant. I did say most of the creationists on ATS are ignorant and I said so only after spending over 5 years seeing that ignorance.

They may not all be ignorant, but they are all wrong on this issue. And most of the creationists on this website are very, very ignorant. They do not understand some very, very, very basic issues. They don't understand that evolution is the foundational theory of biology. They don't understand the relation of biological classification to evolution. Etc.

That's not to mention the bad arguments they cite. I swear, if I get another Kent Hovind video in a response...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuppy

Well, I clearly didn't say that all creationists are ignorant. I did say most of the creationists on ATS are ignorant and I said so only after spending over 5 years seeing that ignorance.

They may not all be ignorant, but they are all wrong on this issue. And most of the creationists on this website are very, very ignorant. They do not understand some very, very, very basic issues. They don't understand that evolution is the foundational theory of biology. They don't understand the relation of biological classification to evolution. Etc.

That's not to mention the bad arguments they cite. I swear, if I get another Kent Hovind video in a response...

When you say understand, I think believe would be a better word.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

No, understand. I disagree with Christianity, I disagree with creationism. Yet I still understand the positions. I understand the difference between day-age, young Earth, old Earth, and other forms of creationism.

Many creationists on this website routinely demonstrate that they simply do not understand the positions which they are arguing against.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

You hit he nail on the head, evolution is a tool used by God. Everything was designed to evolve. Everything is a design so there must a designer.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow

You hit he nail on the head, evolution is a tool used by God. Everything was designed to evolve. Everything is a design so there must a designer.

A tool used by which God, in which way? We've observed evolution, but haven't observed the God using it? Please support the claim that "everything" was designed to evolve, I'm not seeing it, but perhaps you can enlighten me?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Madness have you ever seen evolution happening right in front of you? Ever witnessed it happening outside the petri dish so to speak? I mean actual evolution not just proof of evolution? Have you ever seen it happening ?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Madness have you ever seen evolution happening right in front of you? Ever witnessed it happening outside the petri dish so to speak? I mean actual evolution not just proof of evolution? Have you ever seen it happening ?

Do you actually get how evolution occours?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

If you're looking to answer the question ? You have to choices, niether one come in the form of a question.

In addition , Do you know how God works?
edit on 22-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Originally posted by Dembow

You hit he nail on the head, evolution is a tool used by God.

Evidence for this claim?

Everything was designed to evolve.

Again, where is your evidence for this claim?

Everything is a design so there must a designer.

Where is your evidence that everything is a design? Everything is horse feces so there must be a celestial horse!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs
Madness have you ever seen evolution happening right in front of you?

Yes. I've seen babies being born. I've planted and tended gardens.

Ever witnessed it happening outside the petri dish so to speak?

Yes.

I mean actual evolution not just proof of evolution?

We have many noted observations of speciation, I even made a whole thread about it.

Have you ever seen it happening ?

Yep. So have you. We all have. Every single time a baby is born, evolution. Why? Well, there's a minor shift in the allele frequency in the population. The smaller the population you're looking at, the more of a change you're seeing with each new baby.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is it anything like magnets?

I'd say that question of yours is a bit beyond ridiculous, as there's no evidence for the being, let alone a way to investigate the functioning of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Is it suppose to surprise me that you would say something like that ? Certainly it doesn't. You almost hurt my feeling saying that I asked a ridiculous question. I see a lot of people, just don't want to except that the life God gave us, does come with instructions. There is tons of info in the Bible on how God works. So for me it really wasn't a ridiculous question. Please don't tap out some lame response about how the Bible is flawed and God can't be proven. Who cares? That's all circular at best.

So you've seen evolution ? In your garden ? In new borns ?

Isn't speciation merely a part of evolution and upon witnessing this form of adaptation you can in no way say you've witnessed evolution ? In fact no one can say they've witnessed evolution as I specified ? Outside the
petri dish, outside the lab.

Therefore by the rules of empirical science, there is no such thing as evolution.:

B
I
B
L
E
Brief Instructions Before Leaving Earth
edit on 22-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't believe you force me to post this link, but you clearly have some reading to do. You don't seem to understand the timeframes involved in the process of speciation and evolution in general if you ask stupid questions like "have you ever seen it happen?"

What's next? Expecting a duck and a crocodile to mate and produce a crocoduck right in front of your eyes?

If you're too lazy to actually read the link, here's a video:

Look, if you read the link, and watch the video...and then still ask stupid questions, you have basically proven the base premise of the thread by being ignorant of FACTS, just because they contradict your irrational belief.

What amazes me, is that you can doubt the theory at all. It accurately PREDICTS changes, and we use those predictions in modern medicine. If the theory were wrong, we wouldn't be able to make accurate predictions, or use all those meds so many people rely on.

edit on 22-6-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join