posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
I probably have enough books in my house to open my own bookstore - I've read the majority of them, except for a couple boxes of Fiction I've set
aside for when I'm in that mindset.
Books that have changed my outlook, I could name quite a few off the top of my head. Instantly,
- The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
came to mind and I'm glad to see it mentioned in the thread already. That book I picked up when I was about 16 for 1.75 for the face on the cover,
read it in the park after getting kicked out of school and was too afraid to go home and face my Mom
and in that moment everything changed for me.
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan, though many of his books I find refreshing and mind-opening
- End of Faith by Sam Harris
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- '___' The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman