It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 books that change one's way of thinking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The Bible
Genesis Revisited - Zecharia Sitchin
Hamlets Mill - Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechen
You Can Heal Your Life - Louise L Hay
The Gods of Eden - William Bramley

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
In no particular order, my current favorites are;

1. Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Dafoe
2. News from Nowhere - William Morris
3. Capital - Karl Marx
4. First as Tragedy, then as Farce - Slavoj Zizek
5. A Peoples History of the World - Chris Harman

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
1. Pimp: The Story of My Life
2. The Prince
3. Age of The Spiritual Machines
4. The 48 Laws of Power
5. The Art of War

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Way worse the Zeitgeist! You may as well go buy the National Enquirer.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien

This thread is for members to post 5 books that have had a cerebral impact on the reader..I'll begin

Tough one....I'll start with 5 or 6 off the top of my head (in no particular order):

1) The Dancing Wu-Li Masters - An introduction to the New Physics - Gary Zukav (can't recommend this highly enough)

2) The Dark Tower Series - Stephen King

3) Crossfire - Jim Marrs

4) Hyperion - Dan Simmons

5) Messages from Michael - Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

6) Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Andrew Salter - Conditioned Reflex Therapy
Robert Cialdini - Influence
Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth
Bruce Barton - The Man Nobody Knows
Three Initiates - The Kybalion

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have to back track.

There was a man that use to work at the same place I did a number of years back.

He has since passed away.

Everyone loved him, he was kind, thoughtful and intellegent.

One day out of the blue he handed me a book and said, here, you read this and think upon it, my gift to you.

That book was "Behold A Pale Horse" By William Cooper.

Yes you can get a free copy at 4shared.com. But hurry, stuff is closing up on the net quickly.

Bill Cooper was a former U.S. Naval Intelligence Briefing Team Member, reveals information kept secret by our government since the 1940s. UFOs, the J.F.K.. assassination, the Secret Government, the war on drugs and more by the world's leading expert on UFOs.

There are two types of people in the world: those who want to know who exactly is controlling whom, and those who are more comfortable taking things at face value.

What really disturbed me was the theory of the true intent of the government. Cooper's account of what the government is capable of in times of heightened alert is extremely relevant now.

It is important to keep in mind that this book was published before the attack on the World Trade Center because the US is finding itself in exactly the position Cooper predicted. Whether or not you think you might agree with the information in this book, I recommend any book written by someone who was killed for the purpose of silencing him or her. Be an informed citizen and know what your government is capable of.

edit on 14-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

That book was "Behold A Pale Horse" By William Cooper.

Yes you can get a free copy at 4shared.com. But hurry, stuff is closing up on the net quickly.

Thanks, just downloaded it from the site and will have to check it out. I have heard of it and many times have thought about getting it so your recommendation work.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by AsAboveSoBlowMe

AsAboveSoBlowMe?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

edit on 12/14/2010 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluestarinIB
I almost forgot! Another must read is: Journey of Souls By Michael Newton

You won't see life the same after you read these books.

Really good books, changed my life! Michael Newton is a messenger for mankind, for anyone who is prepared to listen...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
The Seekers - The Story of man's continuing quest to understand his world

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4888296b2cdc.jpg[/atsimg]

SUN TZU - The Art of War

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3fdb4ac0e4e.jpg[/atsimg]

The Many Colored Land (Trilogy) - Two warring alien race's crash land on earth 6 million years ago and meet time traveling humans from earth 2100 AD. The dominant alien race uses alien technology to, enslave the time travelling humans to give them an edge, over thier alien brothers, and create a stratified (but controlled) society.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/727dfe309849.jpg[/atsimg]

Finger Prints of the Gods

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1397a70b2a19.jpg[/atsimg]

I found a 5th book that I was gonna read that could have changed my understanding of the world, but I lost it before I had a chance to read it. It was old and at the time I didn't have the money to purchase such a rare book. Since that time I have lost track of it.

It was printed in the late 1800's - early 1900's and was about the stars, our mythological past and our known universe.

It may have been suppressed by the ruling elites, because there weren't many copies circulating at the time that I was looking at it.
edit on 10-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

You've got me interested in that 5th book...You wouldn't happen to remember what it was called?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristSr
reply to post by ATLien

Way worse the Zeitgeist! You may as well go buy the National Enquirer.

What are you referring to that is way worst than Zeitgeist?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
The Seekers - The Story of man's continuing quest to understand his world

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4888296b2cdc.jpg[/atsimg]

SUN TZU - The Art of War

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3fdb4ac0e4e.jpg[/atsimg]

The Many Colored Land (Trilogy) - Two warring alien race's crash land on earth 6 million years ago and meet time traveling humans from earth 2100 AD. The dominant alien race uses alien technology to, enslave the time travelling humans to give them an edge, over thier alien brothers, and create a stratified (but controlled) society.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/727dfe309849.jpg[/atsimg]

Finger Prints of the Gods

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1397a70b2a19.jpg[/atsimg]

I found a 5th book that I was gonna read that could have changed my understanding of the world, but I lost it before I had a chance to read it. It was old and at the time I didn't have the money to purchase such a rare book. Since that time I have lost track of it.

It was printed in the late 1800's - early 1900's and was about the stars, our mythological past and our known universe.

It may have been suppressed by the ruling elites, because there weren't many copies circulating at the time that I was looking at it.
edit on 10-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

You've got me interested in that 5th book...You wouldn't happen to remember what it was called?

If I recall someone in a chat room referred it to me many years ago.

I'm afraid I don't remember the name of it.

I wish I did

If a group of people were gonna turn themselves into Gods, what would be one of the first things they would do?

Probably surpress key historical information.

Without a widely learned historical reference point for people to refer back to it would be easier for a minority to convince a naive population of just about anything.

Brahmin mind control over the masses. They could create a hindu like caste, class stratification, mind control, system from which there would be no escape.

Add in computer chips to store and track personal information and you have the perfect system to keep the entire population under control.
edit on 16-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
1) The Joy of Sex by Alex Comfort, which I found hidden in my parents room when I was ten. Needless to say I read my first entire book in 2 days.

2) Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

3) The Hidden Messages in Water by Masuru Emoto

4) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

5) Loving Our Kids On Purpose by Danny Silk

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
1) The Joy of Sex by Alex Comfort, which I found hidden in my parents room when I was ten. Needless to say I read my first entire book in 2 days.

Lol...All that knowledge just going to waste

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
WOW !!!! what a varied selection ATS'ers have. Such an electic mix !!!

But why am i not supprised at the chioce of ' watchZEITGEISTnow ' of the book

The Hidden Records by Wayne Herschel?

I would like to reccomend a FREE e.book for 'watchZEITGEISTnow' to read it is

on ATS Aliens and UFO's and it is "The TRUE story behind The Hoax Heard Round

the World." ...................VERY INTERESTING..................

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
"The Book of One" by Dennis Waite
"Living with the Devil" by Stephen Batchelor
"This is It" by Alan Watts
"The Book of Disquiet" by Fernando Pessoa
"Demian" by Herman Hesse

Have not read any books in quite some time, but at the time i read each of these, they made an impact. The top two are quite recent, and they were nice and easy to recall the titles/authors! There are literally hundreds more as i had the pleasure of working in a bookstore for years, but they have been lost in time
These were the ones i could remember off the top of my head (books have been in storage for a while
)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
1.Dianetics
2.Siddhartha
3.The Pirate
4.Notes from underground
5.Our ultimate reality

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi! I like this thread, it is thrilling to see all the books people are reading! I have read alot of them, have started my own uncensored library. Many of these books everyone are reading are non mainstream.... I think it is good so many people are self educating and thinking. I just asked my husband what book he last read, he said he hasn't read a book in 25-30 years. I spend alot of money on books wanting to read them but I don't have the time to, and I pass out quickly when I do finally sit to read. The last good book I read front to back was Jim Marr's Alien Adgenda, and I would like to read that again. I started to read Lesli Keen's new book on UFO sightings, that is an eye opener for sure... I also like the how to and self help books... I read the dog breeders handbook this summer and used that for CPR on my dog's puppy when it was born... no vets involved.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looks like some good reading. I have heard of, but never read the Screwtape letters before.

Not that the old fashioned Church is the thing... its a little old fashioned, but still deep thoughts.

Its all about Love and the common truth, goodness in our hearts, the pure hearts of children, in every culture or religion though. That Spirit of Peace and Love is the Spirit of Christ. We really need to look through the jargon and red tape of the religions and find the light squares in them, and disregard those things that are not Love: compassion, forgiveness, kindness, charity, gentleness, and learn to recognize distortions deliberately put into things: obey, materialism and success means integrity and good role models, punishment, retaliation, wars, killing is ok if its in the name of God, or if someone is deemed a sinner by his peers, etc. Distortions.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join