It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lot of people Digital Shape Shifting (youtube video) "They Live"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Even if this isn't true it's exciting and scary, plus it's really weird, so what do you guys think? Real or digital camera error?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The one thing that stands out in these videos is that if it were digital camera error, then why does it only ever affect the faces of the individuals. If it were camera error wouldn't background objects also be affected? Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself could explain this.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Errrmmm...

This is a digital artifact where the pixles are not refreshed, creating odd images.

Did you really think it was a shapeshifter??

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Someone with lots of time on their hands and video editing program,

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
The one thing that stands out in these videos is that if it were digital camera error, then why does it only ever affect the faces of the individuals. If it were camera error wouldn't background objects also be affected? Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself could explain this.

i thought the same thing, when a video is bad, there is blur throughout the whole background and foreground. And if it is faked then there ought to be a non-tampered video that could be shown along side of it (although that video could be a hoax as well).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
More importantly, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
seems like a fake to me.. sorry to say but as said above its probaly some one with alot of time on there hands..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
The one thing that stands out in these videos is that if it were digital camera error, then why it only ever affects the faces of the individuals. If it were camera error wouldn't background objects also be affected? Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself could explain this.

It doesn't just affect the face, it affects continuous movement, or pixels that are refreshed more frequently that exhibit a change.

It's caused by the way the data is sent and received. you see when you send video across the internet or any network for that matter, the data packets are separated and go different routes to be re-assembled at the receiving end, the issue is that some packets take longer to arrive than others. This causes the refresh errors you see in the vid.

The pixels have not received their refresh data and so show the data from the last time it was refreshed, this effect builds up and eventually can really screw up the picture.

It's worth noting that this only happens in live data transmissions.

Hope this helps,

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is real, as anyone that has studied shape shifters will tell you, Shapeshifters have a tendancy to become news readers! They just can't help themselves

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
This is real, as anyone that has studied shape shifters will tell you, Shapeshifters have a tendancy to become news readers! They just can't help themselves

Didn’t you know this?

It's all the rage within the networks it's saving them loads of $s, who needs guests when your news reader can be both interviewer and interviewee

On a serious note, here is a document produced by Stampford Uni that explaines how it could be possible to minimise this effect..

MINIMIZING DISTORTION FOR MULTIPATH VIDEO STREAMING OVER AD HOC NETWORKS

We present a video distortion model analyzing the performance of multipath routing for low latency video streaming, in bandwidth-limited ad hoc networks. In such environments, a single node transmitting multimedia data may have an impact on the overall network conditions and may need to limit its rate to achieve the highest sustainable video quality.

For this purpose, optimal routing solutions which seek to minimize congestion are attractive as they make use of the resources efficiently. To predict the end-to-end rate-distortion tradeoff, we develop a model which captures the impact of quantization and of packet loss on the overall video quality. Network simulations are performed to confirm the validity of the model in different streaming scenarios.

Korg.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: to add the link

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't know about that guys videos, because of how all the faces of the people shifted in the same way every time. Not to mention this guys video posts have alot to do with reptilians so they're probably edited in wome manner or the other. This theory is like the story of the Bible. It is possible but unlikely. Strange thing that makes it possible is that many cultures, especially Native Americans have mentioned a type of humanoid reptillian that lived in caves. Also if evolution is as pssible as scientist say that it is then who is to say that shape shifting reptillians didn't evolve after the dinosaurs were destroyed. I like this sort of stuff keep it coming.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ya'll have been watching too much "Colleen" haven't you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
At the 2:22 minute mark you can see the effect bleed over into the background, I would suspect it is a video effect applied by someone else. Most of these people are easy targets because they tend to stay centered in the screen and are generally disliked/distrusted by people making it more likely someone would want to create this sort of hoax. My 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066
Ya'll have been watching too much "Colleen" haven't you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've been watching would defiantly ehhum

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is a type of compression artifact. It's likely not happening on the camera, but rather whatever aggressive compression Youtube or the video submitter is using to make the video small enough (bitrate-wise) for online consumption.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by timepolarity
This is a type of compression artifact. It's likely not happening on the camera, but rather whatever aggressive compression Youtube or the video submitter is using to make the video small enough (bitrate-wise) for online consumption.

Not quite.

It is bandwidth / latency issue with live data streaming.

Nothing to do with youtube at all.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Like other posters have said, it looks like pixels to me. That, or something you can do with a video editing program like after effects. Really, I don't get the whole shape shifter thing. In the movie They Live, you can only see through the disguise with the help of special glasses. What are people trying to say with videos like these? That the "people" are so excited about being on television that they lose control of their appearance?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I don't know about shapshifting but this one is really weird!!His eyes do something I can't figure it out?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that is some really good footage, Nice vid.

yeah, just goes to show you, looks can be very deceiving, you may think you've caught on to certain physical features the repties have, (like crooked nose hole things) but darn near everyone in that vid represented all the types of people you see on earth, so what is it? Repties that shapeshift into the last victim they consumed, or some type of alien-android race perched ontop of us from birth til death?

there is something to it, when just the face/head messes up and nothing else. kinda reminds me of that new computer technology those CGI people came up with not too long ago. Media been playing round with those type a programs for ages.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All I can say is "wow".
And of course I'll write a second line, but even stil, I've never noticed anything like this before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join