It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK royal wedding: marriage will cost economy £5bn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Royal Family are regarded with total irrelevence by the majority of Brits and are an anachronism.
They are like a favourite dotty old Aunt who people dust off at family occassions and feed cheap sherry to hoping that she'll something stupid to amuse us.

It's a paid holiday so most will just view it as an opportunity to go on the lash.

And I agree, we should celebrate our Patron Saints Day with a National Holiday, (I and a lot of my friends do), however I believe we should revert back to celebrating St. Edmund as our Patron Saint.
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and another slight aside;
The Queen and every Prime Minister from Heath onwards should be tried for Treason for allowing the transfer of British Sovereignty to the EU.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Now let me tell you that I think that this is OUTRAGEOUS... who gives a flying turd what an inbred bastard passing himself as ``prince`` above the little people do?

You could say that by pumping £5 billion into the economy he is looking out for we peasants....

He should be very careful in considering his options right now, nice, modest registry office do, or hope to hell he can justify the cost come the revolution

Loyalty does not come from rubbing your 'priviledge' in the faces of those less fortunate...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And I agree, we should celebrate our Patron Saints Day with a National Holiday, (I and a lot of my friends do), however I believe we should revert back to celebrating St. Edmund as our Patron Saint.
en.wikipedia.org...

I agree that St.George should not be our Patron Saint and that we need one who was English, but because St. George is our i Saint i celebrate him, thus my Avatar.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ya, pocket change. Give the prince a break, he's getting married... Hopefully he man's up to being a King one day. And a good one at that? I don't see any reason why not? How much money does the royal family have themselves anyways? Whats 4bn to a prince of a wealthy country???

Hope he read's this LOL

Who knows right the world is getting smaller, maybe he's an ATS lurker.
edit on 24-11-2010 by TSAisaSCAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSAisaSCAM
Ya, pocket change. Give the prince a break, he's getting married... Hopefully he man's up to being a King one day. And a good one at that? I don't see any reason why not? How much money does the royal family have themselves anyways? Whats 4bn to a prince of a wealthy country???

I think this is the anwser I was looking for "According to VH1 it is an estimated 10 billion net worth.
Actually they are substantially wealthier than this, probably in the trillions.
You have to realise that they descend from the Guelphs who were massively rich in the 14th century and that they are major shareholders in the Bank of England which makes tens of billions a year alone.
Also they own a huge amount of property in the UK as well as a lot of America unbelievably.
It's possible to research the above as well as other ties they have.

Read more: wiki.answers.com..."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Screw the royal family and screw the economy.
I'm looking forward to some relaxation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join