It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all Amercans... Its OVER. period. This may be our last "Thanksgiving"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
thanks you made my day Happy thankgsgiving!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
To the OP,

What are you talking about? The end of America? Fact cheque time, this USA will not ever die! We may be going through a few rough patches right now but this nation is still intact.

For you to be quick to conceede this nation means the problem lies with you and anyone with a similiar like thinking.

The Fortress known as The United states Of America will weather this storm like we've done every single time and will continue to do uninterrupted.

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA!

This nation will not ever give up on her children so why are you quick to give up on her?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

On non ATS type boards, everyone laughed, 2 years ago, upon the mention of 'one world government', 'internet censorship', or 'they're trying to destroy the dollar'. I remember being warned because I said 'bolshevik' on a ebay board. One guy said 'there's no way they can censor the internet!' Most remarks seemed to imply that I was off my 'meds'. I remember being 'reported' and my posts deleted for calling global warming etc a hoax.

As to being thankful, there's always something, especially in times of duress. One ought to be grateful, for instance, that you weren't duped in to perceiving the situation like everyone else does. Most people watch the news for info. We watch it to keep an eye on their nefarious planning. It is like a window in to romper room where all the little zionists are openly constructing their models.

As far as I am concerned, and thankful for, God has played his hand against the father al's and bonos and all the little despots and lovers of tyranny and power. I cannot keep up with all the deflections that were timed to the minute, that came supernaturally. Those are something to be grateful for, unless you are a lobbyist or a brain dead scientist who cannot understand 'meaning'.

edit on 24-11-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You can always come 'home'. I'll put you up for a while. Until you find your feet.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch

3) TSA tittering on explosions of anger by US citizens

I'm tittering over here...
titter-titter! titter-titter!

(seriously, I'm a bit worried too. every time I watch the news I think of the prophecies in Matthew 24...)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't believe it. Not one single flag. So I flagged it. The OP is sooooooooo right. As someone stated on page one, it all comes in increments, and the more the agenda is furthered, the distance between the increments becomes smaller, as the changes toward totalitarianism become larger. And then.... oops. Too late. Checkmate.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanksgiving ain't about borders and governments and economies and crap such as that, it is about being somewhat thankful for what you have.

While in past years, thanks may have been given to the Bimmer Gods, the Nike Gods, the Plasma TV Gods and the gods of cool stuff in general . . . for many this year and in years to come, it'll be more about being thankful for just having enough sheckles to put together a nice meal, maybe a box of beer or bottle of wine and some time to reflect with those you love and care about that you're still on the warm side of the grass and have the hope that someday soon things will change for the better.

Thanksgiving will always exist.

The turbulent times in which we now find ourselves will not.

So take a few moments, bend a knee, bow to something or just sit back and relish in the fact you're alive and with some loved ones.

Forget about the crap for a day.

Be happy.

Oh yeah, if you get brave enough, put a loaded mouse trap (business side out) in your undies before you fly. That'll keep the spirits up while the Powers That Be are rummaging through your gitchies makin' the world a safer place!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Good times come, good time go.

Bad times come, bad times go.

That's how life is. When those of us who have the misfortune to live in the "bad times" think about it, we're inclined to go a bit overboard..."oh, it's never ever been this bad...", or words to that effect.

Oh, pish tosh...

Things will get better, maybe not the same, or what we're used to...but all things change.

OVER? Hardly. Tomorrow, the sun'll come up, the day will begin...and life goes on. Good times or bad? Life is, as always, what you make of it.

War. Peace. Famine. Plenty. Life goes on. ...and as long as you're willing to lend a hand where needed, good times will follow. Whatever "good times" are.

So...

To my evergrowing ATS family... Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. There's always something to be thankful for.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you

Right back at you!
Very nice post.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

To all Amercans... Its OVER. period. This may be our last "Thanksgiving"

I'm sorry... and I don't mean to sound testy on this subject but, last TG? No, not by any means.

The economy could well collapse, the world sink itself with war, corporate greed could run rampant even more than it does now... housing could implode once again and the price of a gallon of gas could reach $10 and, you know what? There's still be a Thanksgiving.

What so many people miss is that TG is not about turkeys... it is NOT turkey day. It is not about pilgrims; it is not pilgrim day. It is not about over eating; it is not glutton day. What it IS about is expressing thanks for life's blessings that allow us to have family and good friends and have a moment to break bread together to show our appreciation for what we do have.

No matter how bad it gets, there is always something or someone to be thankful for... even if it is a single breath of air.

That's what Thanksgiving is about.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

FACTS BELOW

1) Possible war looming in North Korea and South Korea
2) Economy near collapse
3) TSA tittering on explosions of anger by US citizens
4) Banking/money collapse happening before your eyes... every minute in the news
5) Missle (China) accident in California coast
6) But wait there is more....Corporate greed, Loss of jobs, Global instability....

Not a single one of those is a FACT.

Some are opinions...and others are just false.

I guess it wouldn't be Thanksgiving on ATS if someone wasn't bringing it down with doom and gloom.

edit on 24-11-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Besides BTS, we desperately need another alternate forum affectionately called 'Chicken Little'. The motto could be 'EMBRACE FEAR!!! RUN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!'.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Besides BTS, we desperately need another alternate forum affectionately called 'Chicken Little'. The motto could be 'EMBRACE FEAR!!! RUN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!'.

I second the Chicken Little forum.

Or maybe we can just call it "Paranoid".

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Many of our forums already qualify...

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with being worried, and expressing that worry. Yes, most of us disagree, but that's the nature of humans. We're a naturally contrary lot, as our respective histories bear out.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
reply to post by gandhi

On non ATS type boards, everyone laughed, 2 years ago, upon the mention of 'new world government'

Yep even though george bush senior mentioned it at start of 90's alot, lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OP, I'm not trying to be offensive here, but try getting off the internet for one day. Don't pay attention to all the doom and gloom "news articles" you see everywhere, because 90% of them are full of crap and designed to get your attention, make you scared and keep you coming back for more. I promise you things are NEVER as bad as they seem, because tomorrow is always another day.

However, I'm a big believer in the law of attraction and if our world really does collapse, I won't point my finger at Big Brother, I will point my finger at you doom-and-gloomers for making it so.

Let me just point out that there are thousands of ways for you to kill yourself. If you are so scared or upset over some artificial "problem", no one is going to stop you from choosing one of those ways out. If your heart bleeds so much for the world, then do the world a favor and take yourself out because your negative attitude is in my opinion the biggest reason our world seems so out of control.

BTW the rhetoric you are preaching has been said over and over again for decades now without result. I'm obviously very tired of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not going to completely share in your pessimism for just one reason. We have a weapon. It's called communication.

Think about it. Forty years ago, if something happened overseas, it would take days or weeks or longer for it to be reported in the newspaper. Thirty years ago, cable TV was just becoming popular, but I still only had ABC and CBS via the antenna. (Couldn't receive the signal for NBC) Twenty years ago, the internet was just coming about. Bulletin boards - through dial-up, ugh! Remember those?

Today, we can find out who's doing this or that, who's bombing whom, who got groped, even if it's from across the oceans... all within minutes, if not sooner! Communication is knowledge and knowledge is power. It's the one thing that will be a true thorn in the side of those that try to harm or control us.

I wish I had more time to type this today, but I'm going to be late starting some Thanksgiving baking. Listen: Be a good scout and get prepared, even if you're late in starting. Prepare for what? Anything. Save money, keep some non-perishable food around, have a plan, etc. When something happens, IF something happens, record it if possible and let others know. Post it here or on any other social media. If, on the other hand, two more years go by and nothing bad happens, then you can just laugh about being silly and paranoid. You will, at that time, end up with some extra money and food lying around. What's wrong with that? Buy a new pair of sneakers as a reward for having been prepared!

Otherwise, just have a happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day and don't worry about all the troubles of the world until next day.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would seem to be a trend to see new members be suprised and the kind of " info" they can find here on ATS and become overcome by the projected negativity it can imbed in ones mind.

After you have been here a while, the fear factor becomes less.
If some would do some research into history of posters and topics,. they might find that most things fizzil out that were the end of the world situations.. this is no different..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I expect a lot of changes, negative things, things that will change the country I love.. but keep in mind we are a very young country and will go though many more growing pains. The eventual outcome will depend on how we handle the hurdles we're jumping now and in the future just as our previous successes and failures depended on how we handled those hurdles.

Thanksgiving is going nowhere. Its not the turkey or the festivities or the days off of work. Giving thanks and recognizing all we have to truly be thankful for is in the mind and its a state of being.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Chicken little much?

As long as people die, the idea of freedom will never.

I am not saying that it won't all come tumbling down... just that whether it happens or not should not change your behavior.

Hedge your bets. Buy nonparishable food. Be prepared, sure. But don't lose the hope that it could actually get better and do all you can in order to make that happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join