It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did This Film Predict the TSA Body Scanners and much more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi,

All this business about the TSA pat downs and body scanners got my head hurting because I knew I had seen this technology before but couldn't quite place it...

Then it came to me... This 1990 film.... Total Recall

Hmmm.... With all the talk of NWO laughing at us by playing out in the media what they plan to do, this makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck because we also have this in the film...

And this...

This is the trailer....

And then I discover there is a significant number of illuminate symbolism in total recall....

Ironic then that Mr Schwarzenegger is now in government....

The conclusion of the film is subjective, suffice to say that either you believe that there was alien technology on mars terraforming the planet... or that they are somehow stuck in a fantasy world in their minds...

Either way it looks like this movie ties in very well with a lot of the current conspiracies we discuss on a daily basis.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
dude what happened to the clip where there is a chick with 3 boobs. I knew it was going to be total recall before i even saw your post. yea pretty correct i would say

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

We see a lot of things in moves that end up becoming reality.

Look at star trek maybe they already exist and they put them in films to get the idea in your head for a later date

But yes this film has one or two that are making there way in to are lives now

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
dude what happened to the clip where there is a chick with 3 boobs. I knew it was going to be total recall before i even saw your post. yea pretty correct i would say

Hey, I got 6 kids to feed

I heard they are remaking the film and should be released next year...

Colin Farrell offered Schwarzenegger role in Total Recall remake

Move over Arnie. According to Variety, Colin Farrell could be set for a trip to mutant-ridden Mars in Hollywood's forthcoming remake of the classic 1990 Paul Verhoeven sci-fi romp Total Recall.

The magazine reports that Columbia Pictures has offered Farrell the lead in its new version. The Irish actor had been tipped as a frontrunner alongside other hot properties including Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender.

The original version of Total Recall starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as a lowly construction worker who signs up for a false memory about an adventure on newly colonised Mars. It was based loosely on the Philip K Dick novelette We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, though screenwriters Gary Goldman and Ronald Shusett added an entirely new final act.

The film was one of the final Hollywood blockbusters to be shot before the advent of CGI revolutionised special effects. The new Total Recall is set to be directed by Underworld's Len Wiseman with Kurt Wimmer, who penned Salt, on screenwriting duties. A release date of late 2011 has been set.

Interesting time to release such a film... Can't wait... not sure about Colin Farrell though???

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

hey thanks korg your remembered the best part of that movie.As did i. Kind of makes me wonder how many as5es she had as well lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

hey thanks korg your remembered the best part of that movie.As did i. Kind of makes me wonder how many as5es she had as well lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

We see a lot of things in moves that end up becoming reality.

Look at star trek maybe they already exist and they put them in films to get the idea in your head for a later date

But yes this film has one or two that are making there way in to are lives now

Thanks

Yep.

Take a look at this...

The future is creeping up on us... was it all planned? Have we had this tech for years and only just releasing it now??

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice thread!

S&F

Food for thought.

At the end of the movie... MARS..... Reborn.....

I wander: There is a terraforming activity on the Red Planet?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

No No No No No No No No!!!!!!!!!

Can't someone write something new for gods sake

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

No No No No No No No No!!!!!!!!!

Can't someone write something new for gods sake

I was thinking the same thing actually I mean this movie was only made 20 years ago... actually now that I’ve said it geeezus 20 years... what the hell happened??

I wrote a script a while back and it was rejected by everyone... must have sent it to 50 production companies and no one was interested.

Essentially the script was the follow-up to "Leon the Professional" nutshell Natalie Portman in tight leather as a professional cleaner (hit girl).

The truth is, hardly any new scripts get through the stupendous amounts of bull and up themselves execs.

But back on topic.... I mean Colin Farrell??????

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I've had a script get up to the production stage, and then the storyline completely changed for "budget reasons" and then the production company went bust

I feel your pain!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

This was a very good film and besides we may get to see the gadgets we will be playing with ten years from now

But as we know remakes always get screwed up look at war of the world's. speaking of technology from films when does the tripod come out still waiting to get my hands on that baby

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
maybe this is why they are trying to do the ONE WAY trips to mars by 2030

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
maybe this is why they are trying to do the ONE WAY trips to mars by 2030

Well in the film it says get your ass to mars... I was hoping they would send the whole of me

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The 90's we're already the digital age. X-Rays and scanners were used to look through luggage etc.
While it does seem prophetic, it pales in comparrison to the works of Jules Verne. His vision transcended the boundaries of technology like nothing else. Decent movie, not sure why they'd remake it.
edit on 24-11-2010 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join