It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAKE UP!: Proof Something Is Wrong With Our Solar System Right Now!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InfamousJL3

Stick to good sources and don't let the theories thrown around here worry you. What they are worried about is disruptions in communications, not us being fried.

We had some of the worst the Sun has to offer in about 2000/2001 and nobody cooked. Wonderful Aurora's though.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Good sources like National Geographic and MIT? Good idea! OH WAIT! They ARE the sources in my OP.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

As always, you have cherry-picked, from the sources....either because you only see what you WANT to see, and really think that it matches with your "beliefs"...or, you intended to deceive.

Only YOU can tell everyone the truth, in your actions. Others will surmise, for themselves, in the meanwhile.

However, to your defense, you are not alone in these sorts of delusions/shenanigans, in many fields of endeavor.

A lack of clarity pervades society, lately....and idiocy just spreads like a plague.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by rajaten

Just to sate my curiosity, what good does "WAKING UP" do for me?

Of course the Solar System is undergoing changes. Awake, asleep....we are powerless to change it (unless Matyas is right, and the problems are caused by us screwing up the Solar circuit).

Just because we are powerless to change it, doesnt mean we should sit idly by and do nothing. We can prepare
ourselves and our loved ones for what is coming, so we may survive.

edit on 24-11-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OK, I have to admit that I have been on the fence as far as whether or not global warming is real or not... Leaning slightly towards it being pure hogwash, but this is a great thread...Gives me something to think about and offers a real argument using legit sources. major respect.

Yes, I am still going through everything but want to write this quickly. I will hold off on questions and comments for the time being until I can go through the full thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Interesting.

But who is to say that this is "wrong"?
Seems like normalcy, within a dynamic system.

The Solar system is always changing, that's for sure. I read a story earlier that Jupiter is getting one of it's stripes back. It wasn't really missing, just obscured by higher, and lighter colored clouds. But it does show that things change all the time. And it shows that our perception of things can be easily obscured, or even misinterpreted.

We barely understand the various solar cycles. Some might be so long that we haven't been around long enough to see them repeat. If they do repeat, Occasionally they may coincide. What happens then?

This is harder than predicting the weather.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
hooooola!!

i nerver really believed in nibiru, mostly because everybody that had posted thread about nibiru or photos of lensflare always contradicted eachothers with BS they found on the internet......but you...well...wow, thats, for once, well documented and plausible...almost scary! i live in montreal quebec and if that happens, ill go up north for sure!!
thank you for being smart and not being one of those no-life alarmists!!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I always enjoy how one guy on an iPhone, or some other person in a light drenched sky backyard with store bought equipment can make an earth shattering discovery that eludes millions of astronomer scientist's around the world some employed to make such discoveries and others just with that devotion to look to the sky missed.

Well I'll tell you where my bet is placed on this hand.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by rajaten

Just one question: Why are people so obsessed with removing the human element from climate change/global warming?
Is it an attempt to justify our actions towards the environment since the industrial revolution?

No! It is because the only "proof" of human cause is that "climatologists" such as Phil Jones say that they do not have any other explanation, so it must be US!

Pure, foolish hubris.

Real environmentalists realize that we can have severe local effects and CAN remedy them, as with water pollution, smog, Himalayan soot and the Indo-Asian haze.

As for some unseen space giant, if it could affect Sol, it would affect Earth, and we've seen no such tidal effects. ALL bodies inside its make-believe orbit would be perturbed; and, there is no such evidence.

jw

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Blaine91555

Good sources like National Geographic and MIT? Good idea! OH WAIT! They ARE the sources in my OP.

And, it's already been shown how you cherry-picked only those parts you like; leaving out the facts that debunk such speculation in each of the very same "sources."

There is no such thing as selective "proof." You take ALL the facts and draw the obvious conclusions, not just the ones that fit your fantasies.

jw

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm leaning toward the interstellar cloud theory... Cloud

I bet, even a little interstellar dust might heat up everything in the system, now and then...espescially as the heliosphere shrinks...
Dust

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Great thread, S&F Good work. I'm not ready for 2012 at all! And I have two young boys, 5 & 8 I have been reading and saying to friends our sun, is getting active and perhaps, causing Global Warming, Due to the data of Mars warming and the others. Maybe, this place is an option:

The worlds first everything proof underground facility

The Barstow bunker was built to withstand a 50-megaton nuclear blast 10 miles away, 450mph winds, a magnitude-10 earthquake, 10 days of 1,250°F surface fires, and three weeks beneath any flood. Vicino says that a soon-to-be-installed air-filtration system will also neutralize any biological, chemical or nuclear attacks. The Barstow branch will stock enough food and clothing to sustain 135 people for at least a year, and in a lifestyle that Vicino describes as compact but luxurious, like being on a cruise ship. Getting on board requires a $5,000 deposit, he says, to be held in escrow until the bunker is ready to move into, at which point the remainder is due. As of August, several hundred people had put their money down for a spot in one of his bunkers

Hopefully, we are not at the end of the cycle.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

Thanks Khurzon ! That's it, The Ribbon! That is the Principle theory I was trying to remember.
Then of course the opposite can occur with the freezing results depending on the type of Cloud/Dust.

Thanks for adding those links.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As a X/2012 believer and a not alarmist This is a well documented thread

edit on 24-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Nice find! Now, are you single?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I live fairly close to lake tahoe, so this post caught my eye.
I have noticed a change in weather patterns myself,
even last winter in this area was pretty absurd,
I sense a change coming soon.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I live fairly close to lake tahoe, so this post caught my eye.
I have noticed a change in weather patterns myself,
even last winter in this area was pretty absurd,
I sense a change coming soon.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Despite the part about Niburu and the browns dwarfs etc...

THE SUN IS GETTING HOTTER...duh.
I've been saying this since the Global Warming scare started 6 years ago.
But no my friends mocked me.
It's good to know that's I'm usually right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To think that we could actually change the climate of the earth is not just foolish, its arrogant.
edit on 24-11-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Some things I've noted from the late 1970's to late 1990's.

The sun here in Oz's sunshine state, was always balmy but it could get burning hot on your skin after a period of hours, and over a few years that seemed to get a little bit hotter.. slightly hotter.

In 1990 I moved to Wellington, New Zealand where the sun.. when no wind was blowing... would quickly begin to burn you. Morning radio warned of burn times around one and a half to three minutes. That shocked me.

Returning to sunny Queensland in 1994 I found the sun at home was likewise much fiercer than it had before I left. In the middle of summer, once the sun came up you could instantly feel it warm then get Hot on your skin. This morning was the same.. only seconds of direct sunshine to feel a strong burn on the skin.

Since the mid 1990's the Cancer Council here has advised staying out of the sun between 10am and 3pm, wear long sleeves at all times.. even in the shade, wear eye-protection, a hat and SPF50 Sunscreen.

Seems that since the early 1980's when skin cancer was portrayed as a fearsome thing in Australia, we have become a nation of pale skinned sun-avoiders, skulking around in the shadows dressed for cooler conditions.

At first I thought it was an effect of the Ozone Hole... which you don't hear much about these days. Now I have no idea why the sun feels so much hotter now than 20 to 30 years ago.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Tayesin because: dyslexic typing fingers made mistakes

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the ribbon the extended version

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join