It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in sky over Youngstown Ohio.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Video isn't mine but like the comments say, your guess is as good as mine.... Any takers??

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on 25/11/2010 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
hmmm. strange. at first i thought it was sunlight reflecting on contrails, but then i saw it wasn't moving. so thats out of question. this seems like a genuine object in the sky, and a"ufo" i've never seen before. nice catch and post!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

Very nice find, I can honestly say this has me stumped as well. Completely not edited, [well doesn't appear to be anyways] Could be an elaborate hoax by someone, although I'm not sure what type of material would have been used or how it would have stayed stationary for so long and then take off. Not sure, Great Video though! S & F

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I put my money on it being a blimp. Same shape.. and it would explain the piece underneath, and also the slow movement.

Just a thought.
edit on 24-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
I put my money on it being a blimp. Same shape.. and it would explain the piece underneath, and also the slow movement.

Just a thought.
edit on 24-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

I thought that to but the lack of collision strobes threw me off that guess. Maybe the sun would drown out the light from the strobes but who knows.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Nice find.
I have seen something similar about 12 years ago ,but it was less bright and a little wider.It was just standing there for a while and then disappeared out of thin air.Before it disappear there was a light blinking for a few seconds.
My sister was the one who saw it first and called me to check it out.
I don't have a clue what might be but it's beautiful.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Sun reflecting off contrails. The angle appears to indicate an aircraft climbing away from the perspective of the camera. That would cause the relative appearance of being "stationary".

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
At 2.07 there is something in top righthand corner......maybe my imagination but does not look like a cloud.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I would say it is a balloon of some kind. Most Ufo's have some type of "pulsing" or tend to move fast/ straight. This just kinda floated slowly away.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

I see what you are talking about. Unfortunately the woman in the video didn't. Too bad! I would have really liked to see a zoom in on that as well, because as you said, it doesn't look like a cloud. Not sure what to make of this video....strange!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Sun reflecting off contrails. The angle appears to indicate an aircraft climbing away from the perspective of the camera. That would cause the relative appearance of being "stationary".

Exactly!

Not sure why people don't understand the concept of 'far away.'

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the post that said it appears to be a blimp. Based on the shape, the fact that something is clearly hanging below the object, and let's not forget that Akron, home to Goodyear and their large fleet of blimps, isn't all that far away.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
When you are saying its an aircraft and contrail, I get the perspective bit but think the shadow or blackness of the aircraft seems too big unless you can see it shrinking as it moves farther away.

It reminds me of a sugar puff (UK reference).

No more to add really except it does look like a contrail but dont get why the airplane is so large compared to the contrail and the angle is so perfect that the camera is almost exactly on the 0 degree to the climbing aircraft so all you get is exactly behing the contrail.

Duno but something else to admire until its busted!
edit on 24-11-2010 by MisterBurns because: cos my grammar is crap

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A real Unusual Flying Object!

NORAD? Any comment?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Obvious contrail.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Contrail. If you compare the frames where the cables are visible in the begining and in the end of the video, you will see that the object's been moving throughout the whole video in one certain direction. A definite plane flying away from the camera towards the horizon, having its contrails being lit up by the sun.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I just can't buy the contrail explanation for everything. If it was a jet it would have flown over the horizon or at least moved a great deal in the minutes the video lasted. Not unless it was going straight up but then there would have been a really loud noise kind of like the .....SPACE SHUTTLE launching!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter
I just can't buy the contrail explanation for everything. If it was a jet it would have flown over the horizon or at least moved a great deal in the minutes the video lasted. Not unless it was going straight up but then there would have been a really loud noise kind of like the .....SPACE SHUTTLE launching!!

And I repeat... not sure why people don't understand the concept of 'far away.'

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is my footage. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

I don't believe what I filmed to be a contrail either. I see contrails everyday. This is a oval, fiery object. I also do not believe this to be a blimp or chinese lantern. It was extremely windy, this object was stable, a chinese lantern would be blowing all over the place. I have sent an email to the Akron blimp facility to find out if they had any at this location at that time.

I will post the email when I receive a response.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join