It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Bill 510: Say goodbye to your vegetable gardens!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

I just find it almost disheartening how often people fall for clearcut corporate propaganda and fight strongly for corporations to continue serving us ratburgers at mcdonalds and maggot rice..

however, ATS is but a single board...the corporate interests will be spending millions upon millions of dollars fueling this conspiracy until it becomes a mainstream line...truth never matters over talking points...and suddenly a senator trying to make sure industry doesn't screw your food will be unpopular because of a lie.

You think congress and the senate is corrupt? you have not met shareholders in corporate america...they make senators look like rebel freedom fighters of the people

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
What kind if country makes it illegal for their people to grow food to feed themselves!!

Donno...this a trick question?

How can that be possible..

Possible..meh, it could happen...not sure if it ever would...but sure...in a sort of super oppressive dictatorship, maybe..even then, not sure.

-anti-american retoric snipped-
I don't want to offend any Americans on here or disrespect your country, that is not my point but I just find this latest story unbelievable..

Good...your findings is actually the truth...it seems unbelievable because it should be unbelievable...as in, its false and simply your logic without even researching is telling you this has to be false.
guess what...your right...it is false..complete and utter nonsense..fabrication...however, what -is- real is that corporations will use the lack of research the common person does to fuel a movement of nonsense and strawmen.
is that soo unbelievable? no...see..that actually rings true, doesn't it. people are betting that nobody will even read the summery...and as the first couple pages of this thread proves...they bet wisely.

Anyway if you guys are even on here I'm sure you know what's going on in the world around you..
It is your god given right to feed yourselves and your family, if you allow that 1 basic right to be taken away from you, the most basic of human existence, then you might aswell give up because you have no rights left..

I agree...the right to feed yourself is important.
also equally important is to know what truely is going on and not believe just anything..this however seems to be taking a back seat over here stateside.

Is the corporate machine as deceptive wherever your writing from? trying to constantly cloud reality to create false populous movements?
edit on 24-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
if you're stupid enough to follow that law then maybe you should starve to death.

barack obama himself can come to my house and tell me not to grow carrots or tomatos and i'd tell him to f-ck off.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

it's not about your individual vegetable garden... only if you distribute your fruits and veg

but it's still a miserable, lousy thing to do to... pure douchebaggery

this is the kind of stuff over which my home state (california) may end up suing the federal gov't

laughterandliberty.com...
If you trade or give your food away, or sell it at farmers markets, you are no longer considered growing for personal consumption which puts you in a category as a Community Supported Agriculture supplier, or so you forget what it actually means CSA’s for short. This is a whole world of difference because now your food has to be “traceable” That means if your neighbor little sally walker has a tummy ache, you need to be held accountable for giving her those bacteria laden zucchinis. What it really means is a drive to the freshly built State Agriculture Office, to talk to the ladies who got promoted from the DMV to fill out a stack of paperwork the size of War and Peace, pay a handy little “CSA Liscensing fee” plus all the taxes and stuff of course, agree to surprise inspections, OH, and don’t forget that dollar to the blabbity blabb fund. By the way would you like to register to vote sir?

So in other words you don’t grow it yourself, you probably aren’t going to get to eat it. Which is going to make you a pretty big ball of sad if you get most of your fruits and veggies from farmers markets. Is this going to be the end of organic farming? No probably not directly or in the near future but farmers who can afford to give away 50% of their profits to the government to implement this bill will probably not going to be living in your town. And because of the lack of farmers putting their heirloom seed grown produce out there, we will eventually see a decline in the amount of heirloom seeds available to the public. The worst part though is the bill will directly affect pet and animal feed manufacturers as well, which means higher feed costs for farmers, which means you ain’t makin chicken wings for the backyard barbecue buddy. It’s all hot dogs from here. We will probably still get hamburgers for a while, but eventually hamburgers will be the price of steak, steak will be the price of lobster, lobster will be filled with oil.

it always seems like these votes happen when everyone's looking in the wrong direction

the TSA groping is small potatoes compared to this

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I still think it is insideous, even though it sounds like it is trying to help the smaller farms.

"... to avoid expensive food safety plans required of larger operations."
Even though the attempt is to help, I think it could send the message to the population that the smaller farms will not meet the same safety requirements as the larger farms.

Big farms have to have federal regulation for safety, but a brokered deal to allow smaller farms to skip on this and be managed by local authorities.

What will be the PR for the big farms? "our food is safer, here is proof.. we regulated by the FDA, is your food source?"? To use a fear tactic to question the potential of foodborne illnesses in the smaller farms because they are measured against a different standard?
(I mean, I hope not, but I think people will read it this way at some level)

The article goes on to read about the what the food safety advocates think...

"the size of the farm is not as important as the safety of the food. "

Anyway, that why I think this is insideous. Looks like it meant will help, but may cause some unintended headaches.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
www.earth-matters.nl...

For extra info.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

you.have. GOT. to be kidding me.
what are they going make illegal next, air?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What I don't get, is why is Harry Reid behind every bad piece of legislation push?

And, how the hell do poisonous destructive politicians like him and Pelosi get re-elected?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Senate passes sweeping food safety bill

The Senate passed this today...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Survivorman

So they passed the bill and denied the amendment that would pass small businesses and farmers ?

Great ! Our world is going to be even more controlled then it already is. It's all our fault... We let it happen...

How many people know how to safely prepare their food ? F.F.S. !
Here in the Netherlands they wanted the homeless to be under a roof No matter what. Although I agree they shoul;d be inside when it's freezing outside. It still is their choice to make.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Interesting point you make SaturnFX. If its corporate propoganda, I am wondering what you will think of this:

www.healthfreedomusa.org

are these guys really corporate disinformationists, or have they just fallen for it?
edit on 30-11-2010 by Xavialune because: link

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
well it passed, so i guess we will all see soon enough.

the scariest part of this bill has nothing to do with distribution, its about what your growing. this effectivly outlaws regular plants, and labels anything not "roundup ready" an "environmental threat".

most gardens will not make it to the dinner part, if this starts getting enforced.

so now everything will essentially be GMO.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join