It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Bill 510: Say goodbye to your vegetable gardens!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What kind if country makes it illegal for their people to grow food to feed themselves!! How can that be possible..
America the land of the free... And the greatest nation on earth.. Yeah right!! I feel sorry for you guys, and so glad I don't live there!!
I don't want to offend any Americans on here or disrespect your country, that is not my point but I just find this latest story unbelievable.. Anyway if you guys are even on here I'm sure you know what's going on in the world around you..
It is your god given right to feed yourselves and your family, if you allow that 1 basic right to be taken away from you, the most basic of human existence, then you might aswell give up because you have no rights left..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
of all the issues on ats say rights infringen tsa screener. or lates political madness thread or evan new 9/11 material.
this topic and thread this issue i feel is soo important i had to say somthing(and use exta o for emphasis) but seriously
growing our own food was a huge part of americas early survival. as a conspiracy theorest. isee a dark hungry road if this nonsence go`s on

i hope your compeled to protest i will protest nest summer myfirst ever freedom garden!(waives to crowed of onlookers)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
For those who don't believe this, Europe is getting a similar law in 2011.
This isn't a joke or a hoax, this will happen!
It has been covered all over Europe by most reliable news outlets.

The question now is, what are the people going to do about it?
Will we bitch and moan online and do nothing, or are people finally going to do something productive?
edit on 24-11-2010 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

BTW thanks to who ever editted my OP.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I emailed my senators on this. I did something no matter how small that is. Use your voice or keyboard and make an attempt. have a feeling this will pass, the numbers in regards to the amount of money "donated" in favor of this bill to our senators, says it will pass.

I don't have really any faith in our system, the lobbyists decide our fates(or even higher than that-TPTB,) but it is worth a try at least.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I call B.S. on this
it would be near impossible for them to enforce, and for all those who say 'they can track anything' there's plenty of illegal activity that never gets caught all over the world for years, the most I;d see is the occasional 'illegal garden' being found and much like marijuiana crops, it's more for show to keep you afraid. another example, stealing cable is technically illegal, and many have been on stolen cable for years

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

Who are responsible for keeping prices of these gardens high ?

Only governments are.

It's all artificially held up high. A system implemented by our government

@ Sunny Dee

You go girl ! Make a difference.
edit on 11/24/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

They don't need to track it.

Your neighbours (in some areas) can earn money by informing on you. The mailman, who is on your property every day, can report you. The police can use this as thier justifaction for entering your home without a warrent...

The list goes on and on.

This is one more law designed to ensure that ALL citizens are guilty of something.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Fox News Headline in a few months..........

MAJOR TOMATO BUST IN MASS

Today Plainville Police found the biggest tomato bust to date.
Entering the garage of a local resident, police stumble across
50+ tomato plants of the "Red Vine" variety. The young man is
facing up to one year in a correctional facility and up to a $15,000
fine. Police also found 25 jars of homemade "tomato sauce" in his
basement along with a variety of "gardening pariphenelia". Police are
investigating into the possiblity of "vegetable trafficing" in these
neighborhoods.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Who would have thunk it.

10 years from now it may be a misdemeanor just to search for the phrases

How do you grow corn?
How do you grow potatoes?
How do you grow green beans?

Would a person be black listed as a potential food terrorist being heavily fined for a pre-crime?

I really hope any new laws will exclude local farmers markets and food grown on private family property.

I say flag this thread , that is the simplest way to inform others that there are people in this world who wish to make laws to limit what people can grow and weather or not they can sell it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

The tech is already there. disturbing isn't

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

Codex almentarius is what it's called read my thread about a while ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinealexplorer
Fox News Headline in a few months..........

MAJOR TOMATO BUST IN MASS

Today Plainville Police found the biggest tomato bust to date.
Entering the garage of a local resident, police stumble across
50+ tomato plants of the "Red Vine" variety. The young man is
facing up to one year in a correctional facility and up to a $15,000
fine. Police also found 25 jars of homemade "tomato sauce" in his
basement along with a variety of "gardening pariphenelia". Police are
investigating into the possiblity of "vegetable trafficing" in these
neighborhoods.

While I think a lot of this is noting but hype and fear mongering and this bill will in NO WAY prevent a person from growing their own food or sharing that food with neighbors.

However if it does and people start to get busted for simply growing crops, a violent over throw of our government will become necessary.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just read the Senate Bill in full on-line and it is at the least extremely confusing, and i am a lawyer. Regardless, I have found when legislatures are up to no good they always make the bills so hard to understand that the congressmen don't even read it, and simply vote down the party line.

I agree with the OP this is a bill everyone should read, because it could be easily abused, if the department of agriculture found small farms to be "facilities" and arbitrarily find some food being processed(Eggs, Bacon, Ham) to be dangerous to the public. WRITE YOUR SENATOR!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

kind of like it is impossible to fully enforce marijuana laws, texting while driving, seat belts, etc to name a few but they are still laws that we got in this country they can enforce a few but alot more slip through the cracks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Think about this for a minute

Originally posted by catlantis

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Small farms would be exempt from food safety regs

That is interesting. Wonder why?
Big farms: safe, Small farms: not safe?
Is that the message they are trying to send? oh wow, that is evil.

I believe catlantis is correct. Big farms are SAFE because they come under the regulations, small farms are NOT SAFE because they do not.

Very subtle.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wonder if Monsanto will be hit by this bill, surely their way to modify food is not healthy.
And i don't think Growth Hormone's are.
Would that bill hit company's like Monsanto?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I read the summary of the bill the other day, and didn't see anything about not being able to store seeds or grow your own garden. Not saying its not there, I know these bills are huge and the congress doesn't even write them.

Can anyone point me to this in the bill?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Subjective1

This is a violation of human rights.

Fight it where it is starting, America!

Write to your representatives, march, do anything.

If you don't stop it, people of America, we are all under control.

I wrote my representatives, I made phone calls, they still voted in favor of this. I FOUGHT THE POWER DUDE! OMG!

Seriously, you are incredibly naive, and/or dumb. When was the last time that a politician listened to what the people wanted and voted that way?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, after reading the bill a couple times carefully, I have come to the conclusion that this entire thread is a big fat lie...and no doubt it is absolutely sent forth by the ones that will now have to...you know...look after how they can food.

yay for being corporate shills that don't want to clean up their act. -sigh-

listen, here is a direct summery of the bill...read it if you want and become aware of how a company has completely used you to push forward one of their talking points...or not...but expect that people like me will always slam down these lies with clarity.

The actual source....NOT a youtube video by lobbiests

Unless you are a food facility (aka, industry...canning factory, major farm production), then this won't effect you...if you are, then guess what...they are going to make sure your not dropping buckets of lead paint in the apple sauce you feed to nations...

if your opposed to this...then come to my house...I will cook you up something real special

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, after reading the bill a couple times carefully, I have come to the conclusion that this entire thread is a big fat lie...and no doubt it is absolutely sent forth by the ones that will now have to...you know...look after how they can food.

yay for being corporate shills that don't want to clean up their act. -sigh-

listen, here is a direct summery of the bill...read it if you want and become aware of how a company has completely used you to push forward one of their talking points...or not...but expect that people like me will always slam down these lies with clarity.

The actual source....NOT a youtube video by lobbiests

Unless you are a food facility (aka, industry...canning factory, major farm production), then this won't effect you...if you are, then guess what...they are going to make sure your not dropping buckets of lead paint in the apple sauce you feed to nations...

if your opposed to this...then come to my house...I will cook you up something real special

haha i love this. thank you for doing the necessary research for this topic.

edit on 24-11-2010 by ZiggyStardust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join