It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

3rd Wave of Black Metal

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is my stuff, Kosmokrater, what wave would you call it? I'm thinking more 2nd wave.
This is off the new 2011 CD called Wunderwaffen. I have 3 songs on the myspace.com/kosmokratermusic and I also have a 1st wave band called ASTRUM myspace.com/themightyastrum also many vid clips under astrum502

edit on 26-12-2010 by tom502 because: Added more.




posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502
 


Nice man, I just friended you on myspace with my band, Madoc, which is "blackened metal." I like your clean vocals; it's refreshing to hear them like that, since most black metal bands do a death growl or have distorted vocals. I also like the video with the UFO's. That's great. It's cool that alien abduction and Nazi UFO's are a recurring theme in black metal.

We were thinking of just calling Madoc plain old "metal," but realized we did enough tremolo picking for it to be considered "blackened metal" or maybe even plain olde "black metal." No vocals or bass yet, but we're working on it.

Here's the link for Madoc:

myspace.com/madocforestsofwoe

And here's an slow doom metal/psychedelic project of mine:

myspace.com/reverseaudiostimulus



posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Het your Madoc isn't bad. Why not you do bass and vocals on some tracks?
Thanks, and yeah, I do think my vocals are unique, even in my full band ASTRUM.
So much stuff sounds the same to me, even if it's "good".
I do everything on Kosmokrater. This new CD was written and recorded differently than the previous Kosmokrater CDs, and I think it's way way better. I may let the previous albums just wither.
Here is a song from Astrum. I write all the music, most of the lyrics, and do bass and vocals on it.



posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I was into these guys japanes black Metal


edit on 27-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
This is my stuff, Kosmokrater, what wave would you call it? I'm thinking more 2nd wave.
This is off the new 2011 CD called Wunderwaffen. I have 3 songs on the myspace.com/kosmokratermusic and I also have a 1st wave band called ASTRUM myspace.com/themightyastrum also many vid clips under astrum502
edit on 26-12-2010 by tom502 because: Added more.


Encore!
Cool song. It has conspiracy *AND* black metal. Perfecto



posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter
 


just to let you know, in case didn't already, Black Metal has a major them of Alien Abduction.
it's really an interesting genre.

but f genres in general.

i hate labels...



posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A major theme? I've into black metal since the early 80's, and I really have not seen a major theme on alien abduction. Could you please provide some examples? I'd like to know more. Thanks.



posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
A major theme? I've into black metal since the early 80's, and I really have not seen a major theme on alien abduction. Could you please provide some examples? I'd like to know more. Thanks.


Yeah, I really don't know of any black metal bands that sing about aliens...

And according to Metal-Archives there are only 7.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502
 


I guess it's more of a sub-genre of 2nd wave black metal. there's this band called Dissection that has lyrics about alien abductions. look up "slave to the parasites" by Dissection on youtube, and you'll see what I mean. I think I may eat my words by saying it's "a major theme of black metal," but at least one so-called black metal, or blackened metal band (Dissection) seems to talk about it in their songs. I'll get back to you on this one once I consult my metal friend, cuz I think he's the one that told me that.

Does that make any sense?



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I guess it may emerge as an occasional topic. I think Hypocricy had an album about aliens, though they are more death metal than black. But as far as I know, my CD is the only one all about Nazi ET-UFO connections. All 8 songs of the new Kosmokrater are about this.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
too bad I'm too disgruntled and discouraged to peruse this thread thoroughly.
I even tried to find a song befitting of my mood but it's no use.
Could someone be a doll and find me a song or two that I could make myself thoroughly depressed with? No Cold World. I'm already very familiar. I have been checking out people's stuff from this website. I should make more time to do that. I've got scorpions songs stuck in my head right now that do NOT correspond with my mood and it's really messing with me I think.... got me stuck in some kind of loop of feeling all happy from listening to the scorpions to *this* Big difference there. I need to find a nice dark cave to hide in with some dbm.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502
 


yes, yes, my bad man. I was thinking of Hypocrisy, not Dissection.
I'm definitely not a definitive source of information on black or blackened metal as you can see.



posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How can we forget the legendary Mayhem with Dead on vocals?





posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
too bad I'm too disgruntled and discouraged to peruse this thread thoroughly.
I even tried to find a song befitting of my mood but it's no use.
Could someone be a doll and find me a song or two that I could make myself thoroughly depressed with? No Cold World. I'm already very familiar. I have been checking out people's stuff from this website. I should make more time to do that. I've got scorpions songs stuck in my head right now that do NOT correspond with my mood and it's really messing with me I think.... got me stuck in some kind of loop of feeling all happy from listening to the scorpions to *this* Big difference there. I need to find a nice dark cave to hide in with some dbm.


I don't think Black Metal comes to you.... you have to go find it out for yourself....



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony
 
good band,. usually I say these dark metal bands are just noise makers and screamers,. but these guys arent bad at all. I have always been a fan of lamb of god.
I still will never understand the need to sing in a nearly unclear manner. the singer for this band HAS a good voice,.
so what is the point,.
A friend of mine is a drummer for a band called "A night at the chalet"
Their singer is talentless in my opinion,. All he does is scream with the mic cupped,.
as for the band,. they could make it, but need to get a new singer,.or convince
the one they have that the market they are going for will be a dead end.



posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
too bad I'm too disgruntled and discouraged to peruse this thread thoroughly.
I even tried to find a song befitting of my mood but it's no use.
Could someone be a doll and find me a song or two that I could make myself thoroughly depressed with? No Cold World. I'm already very familiar. I have been checking out people's stuff from this website. I should make more time to do that. I've got scorpions songs stuck in my head right now that do NOT correspond with my mood and it's really messing with me I think.... got me stuck in some kind of loop of feeling all happy from listening to the scorpions to *this* Big difference there. I need to find a nice dark cave to hide in with some dbm.


I don't think Black Metal comes to you.... you have to go find it out for yourself....


Find it I do, but the whole point is that my enthusiasm for life was waning and I wanted you to do it for me, but if you want something done right... I guess...??.
If asked even I could come up with some examples of good dbm.
edit on 30-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join