It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Responsibility for Sins

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

No to be frank it does not really help. I have heard people preach similar world views with slight varations.
How do you know your theological interpretation is the correct one. What if the catholic version has it right? Or the Mormon version? Or the Calvinist version which says there is no free will but only predestination? What if Jehova witness version is the correct one? Or perhaps chirtian science is the one thats right? Eastern orthodox?
Or maybe the pentecostal snake handler churches have got all the answers. Each of these would claim they Know Jesus and god and what the bible means yet they all disagree on fundamental doctrines of worship and world views. So are there multiple Jesus's?
Also explaining to me that I have free will is a bit silly. In reality it surprising how little free will humans have many decisions are made by them by their parents schools governments and society's.
A child born into a fundamentalist family does not have the freewill to choose his or her beliefs they are forced on him or her by their parents and the church that their parents go to. the child has to except that world view of sin a vengful god and eternal damnation.
Plus the whole free will argument does not get God of the hook. If god gave humans freewill then he should not be upset by are actions and choice to rebel. Other words god should not get angry to the point of genocide.
If god is an all powerful being then certainly there would be more civil ways to solve things than outright murder.

edit on 22-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

ELahrairah,

I'll just give an answer to one of the rants or mybe bashes you came back with. I see you are loaded with misunderstandings. Christianity has been void of true teachers for a long time and the true ones have always been about as scarce as hens teeth is one reason we have so much misunderstandings and haters of God.

The generation Jesus was talking about wasn't to them, He was talking to the generation down in the end time who would bequickened to see and understand. Most don't today as many who claim to be of Him are not only by words but not in heart and function.

Elah-., there is only one way to understand the whole scope of the situation mankind is in is to be one of His loyal obedient ones. He has no burden to send His Spirit to quicken the discernment to the rebelling ones. Neither is the prophecy ever to be understood by them. One must have His quickening Spirit when going into His Word or he comes out with nothing.

He does continually beckon and plead to all and he invites-
Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I tell you now, He is not what you seem to see of Him.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

ELah-

You state- "How do you know your theological interpretation is the correct one. What if the catholic version has it right? Or the Mormon version? Or the Calvinist version which says there is no free will but only predestination? What if Jehova witness version is the correct one? Or perhaps chirtian science is the one thats right? Eastern orthodox?"

I don't have a theology, that is theary. None stand on the truth anymore, and I don't make anything of it that it does not state. He gives to us the correct understandings of all things without any conjecture of our own. I know that you can not see that as the so called great teachers pound out all kinds of stuff that most want to see that way.

They don't seem to realize that Yahweh says what He means and means what He says. Case in point, "Theistic Evolution" teaches the 6 solar days of creation where huge lengths of time. It's simple as 1, 2,3 but no it is something else. Then some others will make something else of it even more rediculous.

The truth of things isn't hard to find, just don't follow them, follow Him who alone is the Truth. Man has conjured up all kinds of lies and structures of lies. All need to build upon the Rock.

I leave you to your way.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well truth I don't think you countered any of the things he said I'm literally confused now, do you always answer peoples questions with riddles?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Titen-Sxull,

I see from your last reply that you are actually angry with Yahweh. You have no reason to be, your vent of anger should be for the evil and wrong going on all around you. It is getting worse every day, where is the future for your children? Every thing is being destroyed, air, water, food the oceans, evil modification of plants and animals and diseases that can't be stopped now, there is no end. It all comes from the evil and you do not see that it can't go on eternally? Man has brought the comming catastrophy on himself. Many have no way of wining a living now and it is getting worse fast.

The world at the time of the flood was worse than it has now reached. The only ones that were left that weren't evil were Noah the rest were totally evil and God had not yet gotten the number of redeemed from among men yet to replace the fallen angels. He chose to bring a flood. It had to be done, just as now something is soon going to have to be done, you will see this in less than two years, life wil be a desparate struggle. It is now for millions. Whose fault? Not Yahweh's, man isn't following Him but another whose name is Destroyer.

The ten commandment don't say to kill, even says not to kill, you are mixing in the Mosaic law. Read Ex. 20:3-17.

Whores is a term I used to illustrate the evil ones and evil and righteousness can't live together, just as light dispells darkness.

Adam and Eve had every faculty needed to withstand the evil but were free and Eve was seduced Adam was not. We must all be free to choose whether we want life eternally or that we want to not be. There is no eternal punishment, that is a lie and a falsehood.

It is tollaly right and understandable to me that evil and rebellion can not be taken into eternal paradise, that would make it an eternal hell so to speak.

All are deciding their own fate, the ultimate being eternal life in paradise or choosing to not be about forever. Those who want no part He has not and will not make a place for them as that would be a continuous place of war and strife like this great example fallen earth that we are living in. I'm with Yahweh, I have had enough of the evil rule of Satan and evil men. The evil ones have almost taken over completly now and fast bringing the most miserable existence any have ever known. It is at the doors.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

jheated5,

I'm not going to write a book as it would be pointless. If you have a particular one, ask it and I will respond. Many questions are answered but the answer not caught. Many make great long replies and threads and it is those that are hard to catch if anything to amount to anything is brought out. I know some need every last detail explained and then even don't reason it out so after awhile it comes to, what's the use.

I find the whole world is on the wrong track, the one leading to oblivion. It is speeding up rapidly and the solid imoveable rock is dead ahead. It's like the road runner bird running splat into the mountain.

Do you see a brighter picture?

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'll just give an answer to one of the rants or mybe bashes you came back with. I see you are loaded with misunderstandings. Christianity has been void of true teachers for a long time and the true ones have always been about as scarce as hens teeth is one reason we have so much misunderstandings and haters of God.

The generation Jesus was talking about wasn't to them, He was talking to the generation down in the end time who would bequickened to see and understand. Most don't today as many who claim to be of Him are not only by words but not in heart and function.

Elah-., there is only one way to understand the whole scope of the situation mankind is in is to be one of His loyal obedient ones. He has no burden to send His Spirit to quicken the discernment to the rebelling ones. Neither is the prophecy ever to be understood by them. One must have His quickening Spirit when going into His Word or he comes out with nothing.

He does continually beckon and plead to all and he invites-
Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I tell you now, He is not what you seem to see of Him.

Look many people are confused the bible is not a clear consistent book it has gone through three cultures
Hebrew Greek Roman. Much has been mistranslated.
If there is suppose to be a message of love it is lost in the constant bloodshed and ranting
of Some Angry Desert God.
If the bible was truly inspired by a loving being then the message would be evident and people would not
have to make all of these apologetic arguments to cover up for the fact that Yawhee comes off as a murderous maniac with a huge blood lust.

Are these words from a loving being?

“I will corrupt your seed and
spread dung upon your faces!”
Mala 2:3

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4
direct quote from YAHWEH

“The Lord is a man of War!”
Exodus 15:3

"...They shall fall by the sword:
their infants shall be dashed in
pieces, and their women with child
(pregnant) shall be ripped up!"
direct quote from YHWH -- Hosea 13:16

"Their children shall be dashed
to pieces before their eyes!
There houses spoiled, and their
wives raped...Dash the young men
to pieces...have no pity on the
fruit of the womb, the children
shall not be spared"
-- Isa 13:16-18

“Happy shall he be, that taketh
and dasheth thy little ones against
the stones.” --Psalms 137:9

“Then it shall be, that whatsoever
cometh forth of the doors of my
house to meet me, when I return...shall
surely be the Lord's, and I will
offer it up for a burnt offering.”
--Judges 11:31

Leviticus 26:29 “And ye shall
eat the flesh of your sons, and
the flesh of your daughters shall
ye eat.”

“And thou shalt eat the fruit of
thine own body, the flesh of thy
sons and of thy daughters, which
the Lord thy God hath given thee,...”
-- Deuteronomy 28:53

"This woman said to me, 'Give your
son, that we may eat him today, and
we will eat my son tomorrow.' So we
boiled my son, and ate him. And on
the next day I said to her, 'Give
your son, that we may eat him'; but
she has hidden her son." When the
king heard the words of the woman
he rent his clothes. . . and said,
"This trouble is from the Lord! . . . "
--2 Kings 6:28-30

Wow gives me a warm fuzzy feeling........................no wait thats nausea

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

ELahrairah,

The wages of sin and rebellion are death, what else should they expect? He cannot and will not treat His enemies with blessiings but with what they are asking for. One cannot make God, Yahweh a tyrant because He can't give blessings to them who hate Him. Evil and those of the evil one hate God. He tells them this.- KJV -

Pr 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

He is still pleading for all to come and be saved, it don't cost a penny. Love is still drawing and calling. Time for comming to Him is growing short now as any not asleep can see this thing cannot go on much longer. What is out there for the young people? It is bleak indeed.

For time, how many years I don't know for sure but I do believe they may be counted by the fingers of one hand.

I know there is a lot of differences between what we believe but we are in a severe shaking time and it is a wake up call.

I don't care about winning any argument but only desire to add to His calling, come, He pleads.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Please don't tell me you condone these actions? A being that thinks this way is not moral.
These verses portray god as a psychopath who advocates infanticide, rape,killing innocent children and women.
If these words came from the mouth of a world leader that leader would be condemned and hated by the rest of humanity and rightfully so. If an officer was to order these actions on the battle field he would be tried as a war criminal and rightfully so. The Geneva Convention today attempts to prevent just the kind of things these verses describe. Surly if god had enemy's he could have had some ethical code in place like rules of engagement but these verses show no restraint and practically make it out as if god enjoys this type of genocidal slaughter.
Secondly how can an all powerful omnipotent being have enemies would that not make him weak?
Implying that you have enemies implies that you are threatened and could be harmed. If god has enemies that
implies that god can be threatened and harmed which makes the case of being all powerful sound weak.

Is it not more logical to conclude that Yahweh was the tribal god of one of many semitic people living in the middle east and that many of the neighboring gods where also nationalistic war god like yawhee?
If I was one of many tribes living in the middle east living amongst neighboring tribes that threaten me I would probably project a warrior mentality on my chief god. In a time where tribal warfare was common this moral code
was acceptable. Today in the 21 century by most peoples standards it is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

ELahrairah,

Yahweh is righteous in his actions and for you to judge Him this far away from those things is not right as these people were without doubt totally an evil people. I think you study these things in a biased mind to condem. You are taking a very dangerous course indeed.

What I'm wondering is, do you see that evil is taken over today or not. If you are for the stuff that goes on today then I must leave you to your course and leave it at that. A crook now has a better chance in a lot of cases than a righteous person. Right has become wrong and wrong has become right.

This is my last reply as I can't be in with any that condem the Only True and Righteous one. I nearly walk alone in this world as I am not of this world. He does have a number with me but in comparison we are a scattered few.

The Truth is His Word.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No there are a great deal of unjust and corupt things going on today but I think that has more to do with ignorance then the moraly dubious word evil. Great evils have been comited to deal with other evils.
I think the word evil is loaded dishonest and easily manipulated. It would be better to say something is harmful or beneficial for humanity. How do you know the people killed in these incidents were evil? Where they so evil that they had to be wiped out RAPED killed while still in the womb. Thats like using evil to take care of evil. How can you not see this?
Besides every nation always exaggerates how evil their enemy is it gives them justification to do the most horrendous things to them. Hitler and the Nazis thought the Jews where an evil to their country and it gave them the justification do do some of the most inhumane things in recorded history.

I am against a great deal things that are happening today in this world like my countrys entery into a 10 year war. Let me state that the man who got the US into two wars was a professed born again christians.
I do not know the true motives for Bushes invasion of Iraq where but it would not take much for me to believe that he thought god aproved of his actions. Many christians stood by a man who I do consider a war criminal they belived that Bush was the anointed one and ironically believe Obama is the Antichrist.

Yet this great man of god has entered the united states into a costly war both life wise and economically.
People where tortured under his watch.

www.rawa.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

But Christians seemed to stand behind him and support him despite water-boarding torture illegal detainment and human rights abuse.

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4
direct quote from YAHWEH

I guess George Bush Only needs to ask Jesus to forgive him for all the horrible acts his administration committed

edit on 22-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: video

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The wages of sin and rebellion are death, what else should they expect? He cannot and will not treat His enemies with blessiings but with what they are asking for. One cannot make God, Yahweh a tyrant because He can't give blessings to them who hate Him. Evil and those of the evil one hate God. He tells them this.- KJV -

Why did he have to so far as to kill the children and infants? Maybe the adults were evil but infants?
They could have been taken in and taught how to accept god the infants were innocent they did not deserve death?
Why can't you take off your bible is the word of god blinders for just one second an admit that this is a horible act?

Rape how can you stand by and say it was ok that God Condoned Rape and not say that it was evil?
Its in the same bible that is claimed to be the loving word of god.

You can't honestly think this is the word of a loving God?
How evil were these people that there women needed to be RAPED?
How evil were these people that their children needed to be Killed right before their eyes?

"Their children shall be dashed
to pieces before their eyes!
There houses spoiled, and their
wives raped...Dash the young men
to pieces...have no pity on the
fruit of the womb, the children
shall not be spared"
-- Isa 13:16-18

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I see from your last reply that you are actually angry with Yahweh.

I wasn't angry at all, a bit passionate perhaps but I can assure you not angry. Its difficult to become angry with is, at least to me, a fictional character (Yahweh). I am, however, bothered when believers attempt to defend the indefensible atrocities laid at the feet of Yahweh by the writers of scripture.

The only ones that were left that weren't evil were Noah the rest were totally evil and God had not yet gotten the number of redeemed from among men yet to replace the fallen angels.

Genesis says nothing about replenishing the angels who fell but I assume you're talking about events that happened in the book of Enoch. Regardless it is impossible for everyone to have been evil because there would have been a great deal of infants and small children alive at the time of the flood as well as tons of innocent animals of all ages who did nothing to deserve such a horrific fate. While I could understand it if Yahweh decided to kill only those who were pure evil or only the Nephilim there is no excuse to simply decide to kill EVERYONE including the innocent. Even if most people were evil what is preventing Yahweh from redeeming them? Surely if Yahweh is all powerful he can find a better way than mass murder. This is not the sort of behavior anyone should expect from a benevolent God.

It had to be done

Such a statement does not justify the act. Imagine if Hitler tried to use this defense about killing the Jews, "It had to be done, they were just plain evil."

Also, an omnipotent God, by definition, can do ANYTHING. Which means that nothing ever "has to be done" because God always has better choices. If God truly has every option available to him, if he can truly do anything, than there truly is no reason for him to drown the entire world.

The ten commandment don't say to kill

My apologies then, you are right the verse about putting people to death for working on the Sabbath is elsewhere. The ten commandments do however contain the verse about the sins of the Father passing to the sons which is a gross perversion of justice. Punishing those who are not to blame doesn't sound like what loving God would do.

just as light dispells darkness.

Light and darkness do live together otherwise there wouldn't be shadows. You're not very good at illustrations

There is no eternal punishment, that is a lie and a falsehood.

But its right there in the Bible. Jesus himself claims he will send people away into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41).

It is tollaly right and understandable to me that evil and rebellion

Evil perhaps however what you deem as "rebellion" is merely autonomy. You gave the analogy of the clay and the potter. I would argue that the clay has every right to decide what it should be made into if it is a living breathing thinking being. Like I said before if God just wants obedient puppets than he shouldn't have created creatures with free will and the desire to choose their own path and forge their own destiny. It is not rebellion to want freedom and a truly loving God would understand that to give us free will and then demand we use it only as he sees fit is wrong.

If the Bible is taken literally than its God is evil. Luckily there's no good evidence suggesting such a being even exists. That doesn't stop people from believing in him though.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The topic of this thread is "responsibility for sins". Yes each will account for the course he, she has taken. Some of you Blaspheme Yahweh and tell the Creator He is wrong when not knowing all as He does about each that has ever lived long before each was in the belly of the mother. There is not one soul that has ever lived that if it would have ever been in them to come to Him and be redeemed would have. The question to you of that idea that He is a murderer is, are you redeemable? He knows and you should know as it is in your very own heart as to whether you have grieved away His drawing Spirit. Then if you have you are destined to fight against Him to the end of your existence that he has given you. The very life you have to fight against Him, He has given to you.

He has stated in no uncertain terms, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life." Life only comes from Him and yet you fight your lifegiver.

He will bring to each a full understanding in a moment of time, your whole life and the reason you cannot be saved if that is the case. Then each will bow the knee and confess that He is righteous in the judgement of your case. I see the clay rising up and condeming the potter all the time here. You do not know on what precarious ground you have ventured I'm telling you now. These words I have penned He will set them in you and in the judgement day they will come up.

Each case of every one, is chronicled, written in the Lambs Book of Life Slain from before the creation of the world. That book will finally be opened in Heaven and each shown perfectly your life and mindset. It is to prove He did not predestinate noones life but knew perfectly what your substance would come to be. A perfect understanding of this will be given to each at that time.

You know here and now you are not being coerced by Him as you are going and doing your own will and choosing your own future for eternity. You are doing your own will and know that well, He did not predestinate you or anyone. We choose for eternal life or for the very opposite, eternal death, the same as you never were and there will be no more remembeance of you. He is a "consuming" fire and it is almost instant.

All will stand before Him and it is not far off and in the instant you do you will know He knows all about you perfectly and all your questionings are answered in a heartbeat and you will immediatley bow and confess.

He had to bring the world to an end at the time of the flood because of the gross wickedness of all but a faithful few and we are again at that point as the wickedness is rapidly taking over and He does so to save His Very Own who have not and will not give over to the evil.

This reply is a general reply to all the unbelievers that have been posting here. If I come back with more it will be to the same all.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Some of you Blaspheme Yahweh and tell the Creator He is wrong when not knowing all as He does about each that has ever lived long before each was in the belly of the mother

If your so into Yahweh then why don't you convert to orthodox Judaism I think they Know more about Yahweh then you do? Besides you are technically blaspheming his name right now as yahweh instead of the using the abbreviation YHWH. If your so into Yahweh why not go talk to a rabbi and see what they have to say about him
you might be surprised and learn something new. You might expand your horizons.

He has stated in no uncertain terms, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life." Life only comes from Him and yet you fight your lifegiver.

Text

These are the words of Jesus from the gospel of john not the words of Yahweh. Are you implying that Jesus and Yahweh are the same being. I was under the impression that Jesus was the son of god.
So are you implying Yahweh was a terror for the first part of the old testament until he decided to incarnate
as Jesus and have a change of heart and teach peace healing love and forgiveness only to have himself killed
to appease his own wrath. Or is god the father and god the son the same being? Is god the father Yahwee
then how could he be Jesus. How come Jesus didn't tell his papa to mellow out in all those years of the old testament? Jesus certainly seemed a lot nicer then his daddy then.

You see this is theology hence all the various denominations and faiths. They all discuss the nature of god the trinity the old testament like philosophers who try to debate how many angels can dance on a pinhead.
When they disagree they split into an new denomination and some times accuse each other of being false believers or believing a doctrine of devils. This is why religion is such a mind trip to me.
So how should I trust you if I don't even know what your Christian belief system is what if its a false doctrine can you be sure? What if its hearsay? What if the catholics are the only way maybe I should go back to being catholic.

As to the topic of Responsibility for Sins I feel this thread has developed pretty well. Conversation is suppose to be organic and flow and move as long as it generally falls into the main theme.
You actually have not addressed a lot of the issues that Titan and I have brought up instead you have preached and proselytized at us then said you were no longer participating in this thread and then came storming back like some old testament prophet of fire and brimstone warning us how we have to get it right with the old man upstairs or else.

Ok I will play ball

1. Why would god give us free will if god knew we wear going to rebel anyway it is kinda pointless?
A. Especially if he is omnipotent i.e. he can see the future
B. If he had ability to see the future how could he be mad he already knows what will happen before it happens
2. Why not forgive right of the bat in the garden instead of prolonging the suffering of humanity?
A. It would save the trouble of having to kill your own son/self depending on the theology
B. Why is killing your own son/self the means of atonement it sounds just plain weird
C. If he was all powerful he could snap his fingers after eve ate the apple and undue everything with his god magic
D. Instead he prolongs the Atonement terrorizes both the Israelites and their neighbors then gets his son killed to appease his anger towards humanity and lay the sins on his son. But that does not satitisfy everything because if you don't believe his kid died for your sins. Like checking out girls behinds and thinking dirty thoughts he will roast you forever in a hell furnace that puts Auschwitz to shame.
3.Calvinism in some sick way makes more sense at least in this way god can still be Omnipotent with out the concept of freewill getting in the way. He already knows from the day you are born weather you are going to hell or heaven. Heck he even knows that hammer is going to drop on your foot and make you cuss him out.

Well my thoughts for now

edit on 23-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh but you see I am a Jew.- KJV -

Ro 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Peace. Truthiron

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well this is news then don't forget to keep the sabbath after sunset tomorrow.
You cant work on the Sabbath remember that

Shalom

warning strong language click at your own Discretion

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've often noticed that whenever I am correct about something, ones that have opinions that differ from the statements I make tend to take offense and call me things....such as arrogant. This will most likely be another of these scenarios.

In the above posts we've seen scripture quotations - which I consider to be irrelevant to anything at all since it is a product of the mind of man claiming divine inspiration from god. This same divinely inspired book that says that bats are birds, leprosy can be cured by killing a bird, the sun hastens around the earth...shows not one iota of divine revelation.

The god of this bible is an insane, homicidal, schizophrenic, narcissistic, genocidal warmonger with the most twisted justice system imaginable. You know the facts. Look them up. If I have to post links about it here for you to click on you might as well invite me over for tea & I can read them to you too.

Watching you guys wrestle with each other over "what the bible says" and going back and forth is like watching two hardcore trekkies at a convention arguing over proper verb conjucations in the klingon language. HELLO?!?!?! IT ISN'T REAL!!!!!!

Whenever someone tells me that I just have to quit thinking so hard about it and just accept it for a fact, then I have to start questioning their motives. That's what you get with religion. That's ALL you get with religion. It never "pays out" until after you're dead...and really - who's around to refute it?

Maybe this IS arrogant. I've been called an a$$hole before, and I probably deserved it - but I never let anyone have it unless I thought they had it coming. I respect anyones right to believe in any god they want, just keep it out of my face and away from my family. All the people out there, who blindly go to church and "follow" god and pray to jesus or whatever - I look at them like they are children following santa claus. It's not that I feel elevated above them, or even think that I am in any fashion - I know that a lot are good people and mean well....but come on...
What can be said for a marriage where one partner demands everything and threatens violence, but gives nothing and is never around....not even when they are needed the most? You can't say that marriage is worth anything, so how can a relationship with a god who does the same thing be any more meaningful?
It IS a terrible thing to be so scared of something that you will believe anything anyone tells you just to escape the fear. It's almost an insult to all the progress we have made as a species to not be able to see the superstitions for what they are. Believing that your religion is the only right one is to decry all of the others that have ever existed - now THAT is arrogant, especially when it takes the ability to believe a wide variety of contradicting factors and hold them ALL as true.
All of this about original sin...to know that 21st century adults hold this concept to be true is almost incredulous. Even a three year old knows that being punished for what another has done is unjust.
And who introduced us this concept? Why, the clergy - that's who. Why, if it weren't for them we might be burning in hell already - and it's in their best interest to keep us thinking they are providing the manna that our souls need lest we begin to feel the flames of hell licking our toes.
In fact - if were were to seek for who the first sinner might be - I'd point my blasphemous finger at Yahweh himself. He declared the world to be a perfect place in his own words, with perfect creations - but he got mad because someone exercised a "gift" that he had supposedly given. What a childish jerk. You can have that god.

To any who would bother replying to this message by quoting scripture - don't waste your time. Spend that time, instead pondering the possibility that I might be on to something. I won't read your posts. If you cut & paste bible verses, I WILL print it out on something soft & quilted for use near my porcelain throne.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Fear not I will not quote scripture to you. You are free to believe whatever you want as long as it does no harm.
I am an agnostic who just happens to have some knowledge of different traditions. Even if the book is fiction
it still is culturally relevant in the minds of millions it still has an influence on society and the choices they make.
As long at it is culturally and societally relevent it should be held up to scrutiny.

cheers

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join