It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next step for body scanners could be trains, boats, metro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

thehill.com

The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says terrorists will continue to look for U.S. vulnerabilities, making tighter security standards necessary.

“[Terrorists] are going to continue to probe the system and try to find a way through,” Napolitano said in an interview that aired Monday night on "Charlie Rose."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
lol!

And almost as if right on cue, the next wave of violations upon the masses is setting up.

I wonder who will get the pay-off in this next scam forced down the throats of americans? Like Chertoff's cushy deal for pimping for the RAPE-i-scan machines?

You can bet that if we don't stop this tyranny in short order people, EVERY modality of travel will be infiltrated by these thugs in the megacorps and their puppet servants in the 2 party crime family! Pretty soon we will be getting bombarded by x-rays or groped just to cross town at the rate things are going!

Keep a VERY close eye on this!

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If and when you look at all of this and you see that it is not going the way you want. Is it not better to have the courage to leave the country for good? I think that opting out of the USofA is a prudent choice if one is becoming stressed or overwhelmed etc.

PS. When people vote, they lend support (power). When the people stop voting and start doing what they feel is best for their families, communities and selves (IN THAT ORDER) as a majority, change can be made to be.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know I won't stand for it. They just try that crap and see how far my foot goes up their *ss when they try to make us all go through scanners and grope us to go anywhere. To go to work. To go to school. To go to church (if you do that kind of thing). Who needs rfid tagging when everywhere you go, you are catalogued for processing, as the large videoscreens tell you. "You are a patriot. Screening is Freedom. Freedom is submission. Proceed quietly through the scanning systems."

NO. No no no. no more.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Already happening. I posted that in one of the other threads. Just google TSA Viper (VIPR) patrols

And don't forget the T in TSA stands for transportation, not airplane
edit on 24-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

[Terrorists] are going to continue to probe the system and try to find a way through

Does anyone believe this? How does this make sense? You could probably hijack a train with a golf club if you wanted to. How does screening people who use mass transit accomplish anything? What are they looking for?

People who want this need to ask themselves what their goal is. The 911 hijackers allegedly used boxcutters, and it wouldn't have mattered if they'd had butter knives or sharp pointy sticks instead. Would these screenings stop people with boxcutters? Would we want them to stop people with boxcutters? Do we really want to live in a society where people can't carry golf clubs and boxcutters with them? How does subjecting people to radiation and fondling their genitals accomplish anything if when there are so many completely reasonable objects that we want to be able to have and use that could possibly be used for "terrorism."

If somebody broke a leg off a chair and starting stabbing people with it while screaming in Arabic people would call it terrorism. What, shall we outlaw chairs, and detain people who transport them?

We're past ridiculous.

edit on 24-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well say goodbye to the tourism you had left America. If the rape at the airport wasn't enough, cancer giving body scanners all around America will seal the deal.

I think I'm gonna invest in the cancer pharma industry.

America, you just CANNOT ACCEPT this nonsense. Just CANNOT.

Just a tidbit... What John Titor said in DECEMBER 2000 :

Can you give us some personal stories of your past?

JT : I was born in 1998 so I do share some childhood memories with all of you. I remember going to Disney World at Christmas and I remember going to the beach in Daytona. When the civil "conflict" started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city.

Me thinks this BS is gonna make those who value freedom and the constitution leave the cities.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"Is it not better to have the courage to leave the country for good? I think that opting out of the USofA is a prudent choice if one is becoming stressed or overwhelmed etc."

If you have any sort of decency and care about your children, you are better off bailing on this sinking ship of a country and taking your tax dollars to another nation, where Butch and her Homeland Security thugs will not be able to use your money to continue to screw you over. Let the garbage stay behind to fight it out, while drowning in their own sewage.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I must be getting psychic in my old age.. I said this would happen. I certainly hadnt even considered it would be mentioned THIS quickly though.

For so long people have denied that we could EVER go to these extremes.. that we were all nutjobs donning tinfoil when we screamed about the Patriot Act and the other things. This we have now is just a natural progression of government oppression. It will only be a matter of time before we have national ID cards rather than "papers" and all of the other orwellian junk folks have been hollering about for so long.

Cant believe this is happening in my lifetime.. pretty saddening. What will we leave our children with..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It seems obvious to me that the manufacturer of the scanners has some friends in DC. I would like to know who is making these things and what lawmakers have stock in that company.

As much as everyone hates the scanners right now, all it takes is another 'event' for the sheeple to forget all this and submit to stricter security measures.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
It seems obvious to me that the manufacturer of the scanners has some friends in DC. I would like to know who is making these things and what lawmakers have stock in that company.

As much as everyone hates the scanners right now, all it takes is another 'event' for the sheeple to forget all this and submit to stricter security measures.

I figure we oughtto be looking for that "event" to happen any minute now. Especially since such a stink, and rightfully so, about the TSA molestations has hit the mainstream media.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats.

You can place those scanners also there of course, but that all will cost a lot of money, and there will still be other possibilities left for good organized terrorists to transport explosives and such, especially those that are already living in the country itself in which they are going to plan their attack.

Look for instance what a leading Israeli airport security expert said about Full-body scanners.

Full-body scanners are waste of money, Israeli expert says

A leading Israeli airport security expert says the Canadian government has wasted millions of dollars to install "useless" imaging machines at airports across the country

"I don't know why everybody is running to buy these expensive and useless machines. I can overcome the body scanners with enough explosives to bring down a Boeing 747," Rafi Sela told parliamentarians probing the state of aviation safety in Canada.

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You know when the WEIRDEST country on earth, JAPAN, LAUGHS at you for going too far, you're in trouble.

Video of Japan's laughing at US TSA

The sketch was awesome.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I said here that this would be the next step when these scanners were introduced to airports. So obvious. Expect either an attack on buss / metro or 'planned attack' or something. Also I said it would be a good time to invest to the stocks of the companies making these scanners. Was I right or what?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
what will happen after the planes, ships, buses and trains are all set for the TSA pat down, mark my words, there WILL be checkpoints on the interstates, Choice people will be told to pull over while they search your car and its occupants

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I figure all of the bombs, explosives, fissal material, biological agents, and a bunch of blended in radicals are already here... no need to check for scud missiles in someones drawers. All of that got inhere with our wide open borders and ports. Theyre looking for things that dogs and etc can detect at airports... The israeli security model has been the best in the world and they arent irradiating and groping folks. WHile the TSA has their hands in some kids pants all of the major cities in the US could be compromised. Im going to say it again, everything this administration has done has been ass-backward.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Already happens if you are on a boat, it had been that way for years. I live on my boat so my 4th Amendment rights mean nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

What will we leave our children with..

What will your children have to say about what this generation did, or did not do, to nip the problem in the bud, which is where we are at at the moment?

Just bemoaning where things seem headed without doing anything about it is pretty lame IMHO.
Just saying ...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Viva La Revolución

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And we choose ====> Barak Obama

What a powerfull speach.

Chills in my spine.

top topics

join