It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japans Calls For Attack On North Korea, Tensions Mount After Shelling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Historically Kim has been a mouthy kid with big toys and too much power. He has been itching to go out with a bang for a while.. waiting. Its pretty evident due to his begging for attention every so often from the international community. I truly believes that since he is at the end of his reign and his life.. and he intends to throw a party with Nuke fireworks. Why else open that present for us all to see right now? He wants to have his last hurrah.. and his son can inherit the problems.

China doesnt want a war, theyt cant handle the refugees. WHo knows what Russia wants, but you can be sure when they speak, its not the truth.. or not completely. Japan.. their most recent leader isnt too hip on America.. but I bet he is changing his mind right about now.

Hopefully for everyone involved and for our planet that Kim thinks twice, someone assassinates him, or NK gets whapped before he makes his next move. You always see Kim with big guns and big toys. He has a penis issue..I think.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwilightMage
So here's a question.. Would you go fight in this war, if it were to happen?

No, I would not fight in "this" or any other war on foreign soil. But if any foreign power shows up in the U.S. in any hostile military capacity, I'll arm up and give it all I got.

edit on 11/24/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Originally posted by TwilightMage
So here's a question.. Would you go fight in this war, if it were to happen?

No, I would not fight in "this" or any other war on foreign soil. But if any foreign power shows up in the U.S. in any hostile military capacity, I'll arm up and give it all I got.

what if it is your own country threatening your freedom with hostile military capabalities? UH. OH. you would kill your own brethren? you would? the men doing what they swore to do, for the sake of the country?

i hope you would. a country is meaningless compared to its people.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

As I understand from reading about the political situation in Japan, many politicians frequently express a desire to increase Japan's military capabilities. A war against a popular enemy like North Korea could give the Parliament the mandate it needs to amend its constitution and remove Article 9. Depending on the attitudes of politicians in Japan, its neighbours, enemies and allies, this may come to pass.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

that is what they thought about Iraq and Afghanistan...
NK has around ten million reserve soldiers alone...
NK couldn't defeat the US but don't think they will go down easily if it comes to that...
i think we will all be surprised...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
kind of off topic but thought i would share.

UFO caught on camera during attack?

edit on 24-11-2010 by inthemass because: = extra DIV

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

"I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic."
- Oath of Allegiance

I do not believe I would ever fight the government at a time of totalitarian crackdown. It's not the same ball game as before during this country's [U.S.A.] founding when that Oath was made. Rifle against rifle, man against man.... that was the warfare back then. Now what do we have today? UAVs, drones, robotics, chemical/biological/nuclear munitions, satellite imagining, thermal and night vision capabilities, biometric scans, armored personnel vehicles, tanks, helicopter gunships, air support, fighter jets, bombers, and a fully comprehensive knowledge and comfort with the terrain....

I'll be in worse shape trying to fight that then the Palestinians fighting the Zionists. What do I have to fight against the strongest military in the world? A hand gun, an AR15? Does this make me a coward to not fight... No! I'm going to play good citizen or run and hide in the back-woods if martial law is implemented. If an EMP blast went off to level the playing field a bit, that would be a different story. Live to fight another day.

America's enemies are or may very well be equally as strong, but it will be easier to fight a foreign power from the point of view as a civilian. My neighbors and fellow Americans would be more willing to rally and fight foreign powers rather than a domestic martial law event. To fight martial law would be almost lone suicide. To fight a foreign army would have better chances with the help of fellow citizens. Plus we have "home court advantage."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Seems like sides are being taken, things heating up. No I would not fight in this war! Why fight a war for a bunch of overbearing power brats that don't want peace to begin with. Its the PTB that start wars and your brothers, sisters and friends that take the bullets.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Japan is just the real trouble-maker , always like to solve things by armed force... I think that talking is the best way under this situation.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
Ok seriously, do you really think that japan, that has no standing army, they have a small army that pretty much works with the americans, the japanase are majority againts war, there history is to stop trade to north korea, so as usual the MSM leave out a few key words on what japan really said, thats priceless.

just my 2 cents [/quote

I suggest you look up the size and composition of the Japanese Ground Self Defense Forces. You might be surprised. I don't know if S. Korea would accept Japanese troops on the penninsula, unless hostillities were underway, and legally I don't know if Japan can send them outside of their territory, but the forces are more substantial then most think.

Wikipedia or globalsecurity.com have pretty good ORBATS (order of battle, the list of countries forces/units) are pretty accurate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join