It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch what you Tweet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm really starting to feel complete hopelessness when it comes to our rights these days. I mean, what's the point anymore? Free speech isnt alive and well, it's been murdered. I can understand that people should be held accountable for what they say and do. But... How has it come to the point to where ever single person must stand on pins and needles every single time they want to utter anything louder than a sigh?

Watch what you tweet!

One man thought he was just bantering with his pals when he joked about blowing an airport sky-high. Another was reacting to a radio phone-in when he mused about stoning a journalist to death.

So has it all come down to this? What's the next step? Concentration camps? Oh wait... that's already in the workstent.

This sorta thing makes people stop communicating, not only our jokes, our need to express our frustrations in colorful ways, but period. Anyone feel scared to speak on the phone anymore without wondering if we're gonna get a knock on our door shortly after? If this is freedom, give me death. What good is life if you're treated like a war criminal before you ever do anything wrong.

Hmmm what was that movie with Tom Cruise.. Ya know, the one where you get thrown into stasis prison for being guilty of a crime you did not yet commit? Once they start scanning thoughts and brainwaves, we best all run for cover, for we'll all be in deep doooo doooo

one sec.. someone is at the door...

"Excuse me sir, did you just write "if this is freedom, give me death"? You have to come with us.
edit on 23-11-2010 by theRhenn because: typos

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yep- "Minority Report". It's already happening right now- 85yr old nuns and 3 yr old boys are being treated like terrorists at your local airport without having committed a single crime.....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Robin Hood Airport is closed. You've got a week ... otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!

I am Spartacus!!

That is all.

new topics

join