It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia Dump Dollar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
we've been going down it with our eyes closed at 100 MPH since Obama took office with the loans and china buying our debt.

I tend to think we've been barreling down the road, to our demise without a care in the world and asleep at the wheel for much much longer than that. IMHO we sealed our fate when we, collectively, decided that we "needed" that third car, and "needed" that bigger grill, and "needed" the cheap lawn furniture, and needed the 200 pairs of shoes, and "needed" the new golf clubs, vacations, jewelry, entertainment system, landscaping, bigger home, breast implants...all the "stuff" made for in china and paid for with credit.

WE, each and every one of us, did this to ourselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

this announcement has but one purpose,
to save their own currencies and kill
the US Dollar.

2 things I would look for in the very near future:

1) Folks abandoning or selling Wall Street investments

2) Crash of the Federal Reserve

Wall Street cannot survive without
foreign fools investing in the Wall Street
Ponzi Scheme. And if Wall Street falls
the US Dollar will fall also.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by veryinteresting

I beg to differ

TPTB allowed it to happen so the
NWO can replace the existing
government structure.

We were just the patsies.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamLael
Once they come up with something, the dollar will dive in value. The USA will turn into Zimbabwe overnight.

KEWL
Let the system fail.... then they will have to fix it right this time... or Daddy Big Bucks will lose his shirt. The little guy is already jobless, broke and losing his house. Its the big old meany bankers who will hurt this time

Stop the clock and restart it

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by IamLael

You will just believe a government propaganda piece then? Where is the evidence this is true, other than China run media that is?

Again, China has bought up huge amounts of U.S. debt and land.

For China to completely dump the dollar then would not only harm the U.S. but China as well. I might not be that good at investments, but there is no way I would toss away stock I had investment in without at least breaking even.

China has said before they were going to drop the dollar. Right after they said that they started buying U.S. debt.

They are not looking to cripple the U.S. by dropping the dollar that would only hurt themselves in the end. They are looking to manipulate the U.S. through financial means though and in that same sense political and corporate means.

It is nothing more than a game where bluffing will get you real ground, it is the cold war of finances not weapons.

Raist

We need China more than they need us and they know it. The dollars they hold they will gladly consider a loss if necessary. Look at it this way: for a measly $1 trillion, the U.S. GAVE AWAY its technology, know-how and first world economy. They now know how to do everything we can (including militarily) only they have the means to survive this economic meltdown and we don't.

They've been wanting to be THE superpower in the world and they are on the verge of stepping into that spot. We are under attack and we don't see it!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Once they come up with something, the dollar will dive in value. The USA will turn into Zimbabwe overnight.

KEWL
Let the system fail.... then they will have to fix it right this time... or Daddy Big Bucks will lose his shirt. The little guy is already jobless, broke and losing his house. Its the big old meany bankers who will hurt this time

Stop the clock and restart it

Once our "clock stops," our lights will go out. We will destroy ourselves. Don't believe me? Wait until you see what happens when unemployment's cutoff for the millions surviving on it now. Riots and looting.....society will crumble in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

we've been going down it with our eyes closed at 100 MPH since Obama took office with the loans and china buying our debt.

I tend to think we've been barreling down the road, to our demise without a care in the world and asleep at the wheel for much much longer than that. IMHO we sealed our fate when we, collectively, decided that we "needed" that third car, and "needed" that bigger grill, and "needed" the cheap lawn furniture, and needed the 200 pairs of shoes, and "needed" the new golf clubs, vacations, jewelry, entertainment system, landscaping, bigger home, breast implants...all the "stuff" made for in china and paid for with credit.

Totally right! Idiots, aren't we? Our avarice is our undoing.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
IT wont crash the USA even if the dollar collapsed that just brings in the NWO one world currency baby we will claim bankrupt china can eat our debt and we switch to one world currency you know how many countries have owed us money and never paid it back??
edit on 24-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Totally right! Idiots, aren't we? Our avarice is our undoing.

Maybe your right but i think its the governments fault ultimately. If its because we took things out on credit and couldnt pay it back...then surely decades ago it should have been banned and you simply dont get anything unless you can pay for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
actually, given this is ONLY affecting trade between Russia and China, I don't see how it affects the US. Care to elaborate?

Internationally oil has been pegged to the U.S. dollar. China and Russia bypassing the U.S. dollar will cause the value to plummet. This is a terrible sign for our economy.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am sure you have heard this enough, but it is not major that they settle in their own currencies.

A $16 trillion economy does not use the USD to settle a majority of its internal trades (less oil). Can you guess what that economy is? EUROPE.

www.cia.gov...

Say someone in Spain wanted to buy a Mercedes. Would they convert their euros into dollars then buy the car, while Mercedes takes those dollars and buys euros? NO. This would require an elaborate scheme of forwards that would be costly and inefficient. The person in Spain buys a Mercedes in Euros, which are given to Mercedes.

I would start worrying when OPEC decides to not settle in dollars. I don't think we will see that happen any time soon. Also thats another reason everyone who is freaking about hyperinflation is wrong. Too many countries use the dollar for hyperinflation to be a realistic endgame currently. In the future this could change, but right now gold bugs are quite stupid. How do I know they are stupid? They exhibit the behavior of automatons. Whether gold is up or down, they buy gold. They completely ignore that we are not switching from paper money any time soon.

So the end story is: do not waste your money on gold right now. Once risk assets pick up again its price will fall. Right now it is getting pushed up by every major IBank pushing for $1600 gold. Remember $200 oil? What happened to that? Oh, yea. It went to $30.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
IT wont crash the USA even if the dollar collapsed that just brings in the NWO one world currency baby we will claim bankrupt china can eat our debt and we switch to one world currency you know how many countries have owed us money and never paid it back??

I will not accept the NWO or it's currency.
I will go back to basics before I sell my soul
to the devil. They can take their NWO and shove
it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I can tell you this, before this is finished PM's and any other "currency" deemed inappropriate by the governments will be banned or confiscated. Don't think this will happen? Well contingencies are already in place. Lots of people at the top $hitting bricks on what comes. I would suggest weapons, food, etc. before paper AND metals become worthless...

www.gunsgrubandgold.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join