It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark and the CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
RR

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've always wondered what the reason would be for any secrecy concerning Noah's Ark and why as THIS article says, would the CIA have any interest in keeping any information regarding the Ark away from the public?

What could possibly be harmful to us "regular joes" regarding the Ark that would involve government secrecy?

[edit on 1-7-2004 by RR]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Consider our cold-war relationship with the Soviets.

If we were to have discovered Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat, that would have been in direct conflict with the Soviet policy of atheism, and likely caused confusion among Soviet citizens.

The CIA was involved (through it�s NPIC ) by taking and analyzing satellite images of Mount Ararat.

During cold-war times, it�s easy to understand why the CIA would be interested in proving a major religious relic was found in the �non-believers� backyard.

As to why the info is still considered secret, I'm not sure that it is. Many photos were already released through FoI requests ... I'd think that any which haven't been released are either simply red tape blunders, or may show US operations in the suspected area (which was officially off-limits to Westerners during the cold war).

There�s a lot more info here: Noah's Ark Search and here: Insight Magazine.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't remember what government agency they said had them, but I watched a program that said the US has excellent satellite photos of Noah's Ark in their possession. I think the reason they aren't released is simple. The story of Noahs ark is one the skeptics use to debunk the Bible. Prove that Noah's ark is true and you have proven beyond a doubt the Bible.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlbrandt
I don't remember what government agency they said had them, but I watched a program that said the US has excellent satellite photos of Noah's Ark in their possession. I think the reason they aren't released is simple. The story of Noahs ark is one the skeptics use to debunk the Bible. Prove that Noah's ark is true and you have proven beyond a doubt the Bible.

Not even by a long long long loooooong shot does Noah's arc prove the bible.

The story of the great flood and the building of the ark has been told in history by cultures predating muslims, jews and christians by ages if not millenia. Its been told in history of civilizations that predate the Biblical creation date itself.

The finding of the Ark, together with sumerian and other writings and with scientific data on how old it really is, could prove the bible and other religious books are blatent copy's of myths, story's and history of civilizations that were way before them.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I hope there are not too many people who take the Flood Story of Noach in Genesis chapter 5-7 seriously..

If you do, here are some "rational" questions you should really be asking yourself (even ignoring for a moment the fact that the Epic Of Gligamesh and the Utnapishtim Flood Narrative precedes the text of Genesis by at least 1500 years)--

DO YOU LITERALLY BELIEVE THAT EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL SPECIES ON THE PLANET COULD HAVE BEEN PLACED ABOARD THE SO-CALLED ARK OF NOACH TWO BY TWO (or SEVEN BY SEVEN depending on what lines you read)?

All the thousands of species of Insects too? Plant Life?

Over 100 Billion Birds?

Where did he get all the animals to place into the boat who are NON NATIVE TO THE AREA OF THE LEVANT e.g. Australian Kangaroos or North American Bison or South American Llamas, none of which are mentioned in the "Bible" ??

And now people are saying that there are traces on mount "Ararat" in Turkey of Noach's ark?

You might as well be looking for splinters from the branches of George Washington's fabled "cherry tree", the chopping down of which was a mythical lie, i.e. a total fabrication to illustrate "mythically" the First President's "honesty" in the watered down "pseudo-biography" which came out in 1800 by the Reverend Mason Locke Weems (A History of the Life and Death, virtues and Exploits of General George Washington).

Few people know that Washington, although attending Unitarian church services, refused to "take Communion" (i.e. drinking the blood and eating the flesh of "Jeeezuzz"). But that fact never made it into Weems' book.

The Noach Flood story is also a complete Myth illustrating ANTI CREATION (just as the Wind of Elohim floated on the Face of the Waters of Creation in Genesis, so too the ARK floats upon the face of the Waters in the Flood story...)

In other words, STORY, not HISTORY, like the rest of the "Bible"....

Time for the literalists looking for wood fragments on Ararat to do something more productive with their lives...like unearthing all those uncircumcised pagan Canaanite goddesses they found under the Temple of Solomon !

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

DO YOU LITERALLY BELIEVE THAT EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL SPECIES ON THE PLANET COULD HAVE BEEN PLACED ABOARD THE SO-CALLED ARK OF NOACH TWO BY TWO (or SEVEN BY SEVEN depending on what lines you read)?

I believe that the people of the time didn't know of all the animal species available on earth. If only some part of earth have been flooded, a canyon or something, and only 20-30 different animals where believed to exist at the time, its quite plausible. I mean, they didn't know what was going on everywhere on earth. They didn't know better. So that could have make them listen and believe in god. And after a few generations, they meet descendants of the others who weren't in the flood, their storys mix, the others take for granted that there ancesters where noah's sons, etc...

It may be a story, it may not be. Many things in the bible are figurative.
It's not ALL lies. You don't have proofs of that. This is a forum that deals with a lot of supernatural things, a lot of talking without proofs, with matters that can easily lead to questions like you just asked in your reply to this post. A lots of stuff about ancient civilisations, aliens, etc...

I may believe or not in UFOS, atlantis, etc... i question myself and others, we don't know if it's true, but if it is, there is explanations or proof somewhere. If it's not true, but makes the believer happy, then i think it should letted be.

I hope i'm not to harsh in my reply, what i meant to say was that the bible is a very old document, and with the beliefs of the time and the way the world was, they could have believed things or may have described things that they couldn't understand. Maybe it happened some other ways. As a christian i believe in the bible, but i also believe that many parts of the bible (old testament) can be interpreted differently. There is no reason for me to deny like you do. But i don't want to disrespect you, i have the right to my beliefs and you have the right to yours.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by stephq]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Amadeus,

Sumerian stories do not predate the bible stories. They are telling the same story, at the same time, from 2 different perspectives. It's the same timeframe. The same cities were involved. The same tribes. The SAME.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Not even by a long long long loooooong shot does Noah's arc prove the bible.

Well, your right but a little bit wrong aswell. I'll explain;
If Noah's Ark is resting upon Mount Ararat, then it proves that the great flood happened and the Noah story did have some truth in it. But it will not prove that the whole bible is true, Noah's Ark has nothing to do with Jesus etc or the new testiment. This find will only prove that the great flood did happen.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by infinite]

D

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just remember that the Bible says MOUNTAINS of Ararat, not exactly Mt. Ararat. And I've read a few books from Christian scientists, and many do agree that it was a localised flood.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am someone who takes Noah's ark seriously. From my what I have learned the Bible tells us only 2 of each kind of animal were on the ark. Example there only needed to be 2 of the canine species on the ark, etc. The ones where seven were, are for sacrificing after they came off. Insects and plant life weren't taken on they didn't need to be. They were dormant under the floodwaters. The earth's land mass was all connected at that time so that no water seperated land.

Someone also wrote that Noah's ark has nothing to do with Jesus. The Whole Bible is about Jesus. The ark was God's way of salvation for Noah. It was the only way of salvation for Noah. Just as today Jesus Christ is God's only way of salvation. Noah was safe in the ark, christians are safe in Christ. The pitch that was used to cover the ark is also the word used when you talk about the shedding of blood for remission of sins. Even the size of the ark has future implications regarding Christ.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
dlbrandt,

Can you expand on "Even the size of the ark has future implications regarding Christ." This is the first time I have heard of that and I am interested in learning more.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If it is a true story, then it could have been changed by retellings, remeber back in the day story were verbally spread. Ever play the game where one person says something to one person next to them and so on. By the time you get to the end of the line it is completely different. If there was a flood, of course it was local, there is geologic evidence that the Mediterrainian has been sealed off evaporated away and reflooded many times. this would impact all those river systems that branch off the sea. Also, someone said something about getting all the birds and such on the boat, well the bible says that Noah let the birds and the fishes fend for themselves, so the birds could fly away from the flood waters and the fish probably loved it. He only loaded up the local land animals, probably those his people knew of. It would have been a large barge like vessel. Remeber people back then didnt know about the size of the world, so they wouldnt have known about species on other continents and when you looked around and saw everthing covered with water then you would think the whole world must have been flooded.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The BBC successfully debunked the Bible version of Noah's Ark, instead giving a more reasonable and probably version in a much more localized area.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Blah.

Noah's Ark was a myth based on fact. Multiple myhtologies cover this, and it is believedf that the stories from Sumeria, babylon, and the bible talking about the great flood refer to the flooding of the Danubian basin of the Black Sea, which flooded some 6-8000 years ago.

According to the bible, the entire world flooded. yet we know this is not true. Obviously, if the bible is true, and God is omnipotent, hed know this, and specifically mention this. he would know about the lands unknown in bible times to man, but it is not mentioned.

The bible is nothing more than localized myth that was exported to the naive world as historical fact.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Blah.

Noah's Ark was a myth based on fact. Multiple myhtologies cover this, and it is believedf that the stories from Sumeria, babylon, and the bible talking about the great flood refer to the flooding of the Danubian basin of the Black Sea, which flooded some 6-8000 years ago.

According to the bible, the entire world flooded. yet we know this is not true. Obviously, if the bible is true, and God is omnipotent, hed know this, and specifically mention this. he would know about the lands unknown in bible times to man, but it is not mentioned.

The bible is nothing more than localized myth that was exported to the naive world as historical fact.

Actually, they aren't myths. I personally believe none of the so-called myths of ancient cultures are actually myths. I think they were tribal histories passed down, about real events, and not myths at all, including the biblical flood.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
Ever play the game where one person says something to one person next to them and so on. By the time you get to the end of the line it is completely different.

Ever think about how old you were when you played those games? Ever try to make the words "dirty" as to make people laugh? You get my point about this.

My real point is that YES the stories were told/spoken. But they were not told as fun time play school games. These were at their time very serious stories, maybe even more serious then they are today. These storys were told by Wise Men, Preachures, Rabis, what have you. Iam not saying that there is no way that these stories were changed, Iam just saying that these stories were not games, they were more like "Guides as to live your life" and would be highly respected.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Undomiel:

Skadi has made some important observations here: the key phrase is "localized myth", since clearly there never ever was a worldwide FLOOD that the (merged) Hebrew flood myths maintain:

The point of the heavily edited post-Exilic Hebrew version of the story was UNCREATION & THE SAVING A CHOSEN REMNANT (with the Ark replacing the Spirit of Elohim "brooding like a dove" upon the face of the waters of Creation (in Genesis chapter 1:1-2):

In other words, Theological STORY not HISTORY, making ideological use of other cultures' Myths.

You seem to mis-understand the point of these story tellers in the "bible", and are again engaging in some imaginative rosy coloured non existent pseudo-past in which the Hebrews appear as some magical people out of nowhere who are somehow more ancient than their more-ancient neighbours and "different" or "better" than they were.

To hear your version of re-written history, one imagines you would have the �Jews� building the Pyramids of Egypt (the same people who couldn�t even build their own Temple for themselves (Hiram of Tyre---a gentile--had to do that for them!)

One cannot just make idle claims e.g. statements like, �The Bible is older than XXX �,without any scientific evidence to support it, and expect the fact to be �accepted as fact� just because you say so.

It;�s patently ridiculous to claim the �melded� Hebrew version of the Flood Narrative is in any way shape or form older than its source:

In fact, all the literary and archaelogical evidence studied over the past 200 years by renowned experts in the field (i.e. the scholarly �consensus�) emphatically points AWAY from any specious contention that the Hebrew �bible� is in any way older than Sumerian literature or the stories from whence the Hebrew text was derived and adapted by Levetical priests.

A close examination of the idiomatic language of the texts we find in the �bible� shows the Flood narrative to be late compilation, combined sometime AFTER the Babylonian Exile.

Making unsupported claims that the �Hebrew Flood story� is somehow older than the Sumerian traditions from which it was taken (and adapted) would be like the Americans telling the British that the English Language actually came from Milwaukee, and was introduced into Britain from the North American Continent when ALL tangible and cultural evidence clearly points in the opposite direction.

One has to prove such �dating� using the Scientific Method in order for any claims at all to be widely accepted by the academic community:

Yet you seem to reject 99% of all scholarly consensus on this--for your own reasons----apparently you do not have the necessary training in archaeology and linguistics to be able to examine primary evidence for yourself (?):

Otherwise you would have known by now that it has been more than firmly established through rigorous analyses (through hundreds of thorough archaelogical as well as literary and historical studies over 200 years) that the so-called �Biblical texts� e.g. the Priestly and Yahwistic �merged� Flood Story are known to be written in a late Hebrew dialect in a special later redaction using two distinct literary sources (after 480 BC) the raw material of which was heavily borrowed and adapted �pagan� literature Israel�s older, more sophisticated neighbours with whom they came in contact during their many invasions and military defeats (Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks and Romans all conquered Palestine in the course of her history and all left their indelible mark on the literature, customs, food, clothing, currency, theology, religion, liturgical practice and language of the �Jews�).

But back to the Flood narratives (yes there are 2 inter-woven post-exilic accounts, each with their own �accent�) in the book of Genesis: The earliest versions of the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh and the Utnapishtim Flood Story found inside it, have been found in a collection of over 40,000 clay tablets from the city of Nipp�r dating back to around 2,100 BC�iin other words, at least 700 years before �Mosheh� in the �Bible� or the �Jews� ever came into existence as a separate group of semi nomads.

Since these Flood Narratives and Epic of Gilgamesh stories which realate to them were first passed on �oralyl� (i.e. transmited by word of mouth only, or even sung & chanted in Sumerian temples) long before they became written down on clay cueniform tablets, we can assume that the poems which form the Epic must have originated before 3,000 BC, thus even longer before the �Jews� were invented around 1250 BC if you even take their own early dating at face value�and I�m being VERY generous wuth the dates here.

Remember a little Israelitish �history� which will clue you in as to why and how the Israelites stole (or more politely, "borrowed") so many of their neighbours� most sacred religious texts e.g. Babylonian, Assyrian and Sumerian stories (even the Hebrew texts show pagan borrowed phrases and �loan words� which btreay a foreign influence):

The 24 Southern Judean �Levetical� priestly families (who were among the very few in Palestine that could read and write) around 587 BC were �exiled� into Babylonia (previously the northern tribes were exiled in 701 BC to Assyria) and put to work in Administrative offices.

This occured at a time when these scribes came into direct contact with older, foreign (read: pagan) and far more sophisticated literature like the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Utnapishtim Flood Narrative (Many of these �Jewish� priests must have found gainful employment in Babylon if only because merely a total of 4 out of ther original 24 priestly �families� ever came back to Palestine c. 480 BC).

The rest (20 priestly families) either joined the Jewish Communities there in Babylon (which survived for many centuries) or converted to the "pagan" priesthood of Marduk (where the real money was!)

The heavy "post Exilic editing" of these texts into �post Exilic Yahwistic� documents meant that many of the elements of the pagan originals (which had different gods doing different things in the narrative) had to be melded down into one creator god, YHWH who �did it all�.

The text as we have it today is a late text re-written by post Exilic Yahwists. It is not MORE ancient than the Sumerian texts.

And it has NOTHING to do with inspiration from a god who seems to have quite a taste for the "pleasing" smell of burning goats' flesh.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Amadeus,

You said:

One cannot just make idle claims e.g. statements like, �The Bible is older than XXX �,without any scientific evidence to support it, and expect the fact to be �accepted as fact� just because you say so.

My response:

This is where you keep making the same mistake. I have never claimed the bible is older. I believe an entirely different scenario than you have concocted in your head based on what you think christians as a whole believe. Rather than argue your points, which are primarily based on your incorrect assumption of what I believe, I offer you the following information on how I came to my conclusions:

To establish the truth and originality of the Flood of Noah, I will be providing information from several extra biblical sources, as well as from the bible itself.

First let's establish the players in this ancient drama:

ELOHIYM.
The Sons of God.
The Nephilim or Fallen Down Ones.
The Anakim Nephilim.
An.
Enki.
Enlil.
The Annunaki.
Adam and his descendants, including Noah.
The Antediluvian Sumerian Kings.
The Egyptians.
The Canaanites.
The Sumerians.
The Chinese.

Secondly, let's establish the arena in which these events transpired:

Heaven.
Mesopatamia - The Garden of Eden.
Mesopatamia - Sumer:

Sumer - Shuruppak
Sumer - Ur
Sumer - Uruk
Sumer - Accad (Akkad)
Sumer - Eridu
Sumer - Kishi (Kish)
Sumer - Lagash
Sumer - Mari
Sumer - Nippur
Sumer - Sippur
Mt. Ararat.
Mt. Nimush.

Egypt.
Kush.
Canaan.

The Antediluvian Timetable of Mesopatamian Civilization

Ubaid 5000-3500 B.C.
Uruk 3500-3100 B.C.
Jemdet Nasr 3100-2900 B.C.
Early Dynastic I-III 2900-2350 B.C.

The Antediluvian Timetable of Ancient Egyptian Civilization:

Predynastic until 3000
Archaic 3000 -- 2700
OLD KINGDOM 2700 -- 2200

The Antediluvian Timetable of Nubia Civilization:

3000 to 2350

The Antediluvian Timetable of Chinese Civilization:

2637 to 2350

The Antediluvian Timetable of Indian (India) Civilization:

3000 to 2350

-----------------------------

Two different and distinct religions arose out of earliest civilization: The younger and more prevalent religion of Sumer, AN-ENKI-ENLIL, and the older religion of Adam and his descendants based on ELOHIYM. The stories surrounding these figures leads one to believe that Elohiym was in fact modelled after the Sumerian triumverate of An-Enki-Enlil, however, this was not the case.

"An" (a male god), "Ki" (a female goddess) and "Enlil" (a lesser male god) figure prominently in the Sumerian stories. "Enki" doesn't spring into existence until later when he becomes both "An" and "Ki" combined, phasing out worship of "An" and "Ki" as separate entities and removing Ki goddess worship from the triumverate entirely. From thereon, Enki and Enlil, both males, are two of the premiere gods of Sumeria. The triumverate godhead is no more. An and Enlil were not Elohiym, in fact, none of them were GOD or GODS, but Sons of God, as I am about to establish.

Enki [An and Ki] was considered the god of magic [An] and creation [An and Ki], while Enlil was considered the lesser god and Prince of the Air. Biblically and extra-biblically, this places them and their offspring in a precarious position. The Enki's danger, regardless if he is in the form of An, An and Ki or just the Enki, is the practice of magic. Enlil's danger is his position as the Prince of the Air. An-Ki-Enki's stories are better told in The Book of Enoch - The Watchers Chapter 6:

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

2 And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men

3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not

4 indeed agree to do this deed, and

I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations

5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves

6 by mutual imprecations upon it.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn

Chapter 7

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms

2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they

3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed

4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against

5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and

6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

-----------------------

These were some of the key religious figures of Sumeria, encompassing the An-Ki-Enlil legend, as well as the Enki-Enlil legend, and the famed Annunaki. In fact, they can be traced down to the Nephilim and Anakim Nephilim, the offspring of the fallen angels of biblical lore as well as Pseudepigraphical books like the Book of Enoch, the Book of Giants, and the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh.

The Bible refers to Nephilim as the Sons of God, translated this means ANGELS and not just any angels but FALLEN Angels. Zecharia Sitchin translates this fallen nature to mean "those who came from the sky to the earth", et.al, fell from the sky. These same were the Annunaki, later known as the devil and his angels. When they came to the Earth and defiled the human gene pool, they were eventually cast into a supernatural prison (the abyss, the pit) when Christ resurrected, and their first antediluvian hybrid offspring called the Nephilim and the Anakim were destroyed in the Flood by Elohiym.

If the ancient Sumerian tale were true, then Elohiym would've been imprisoning Himself and killing his own offspring. Or to put it in the Sumerian, the Enki [An and Ki] and Enlil would've been locking themselves up and bumping off their kids.

The stories of ancient Sumeria were not fables, they were real events, twisted into half truths and lies, perpetrated against humanity by "fallen" angels and their Nephilim offspring who saw humanity as a veritable smorgasboard. Gilgamesh is one of the Nephilim offspring of the Annunaki. The Nephilim were described as "heroes of old" based on popular stories and tales, thusly the scripture in Genesis 6: There were Nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

The Enki or An and Ki, as CREATOR(s) gods, was the biggest problem of them all, since the only creating that took place was sex between angels and humans that resulted in the pollution of the human gene pool by angelic beings [or as Sitchin would have you believe, "Aliens"]. This is why it says Noah was perfect in his generations. His gene pool had not been polluted by the Annunaki. His family line was the only one that hadn't participated in the fallen angel orgy, as it were, from the time the Annunaki arrived on the planet. I propose to prove that An-Ki and Enlil [the Annunaki] didn't arrive on the planet at all until the sixth generation of Adam, after which they began to corrupt the human and animal genome and the planet as well.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn

Now if this wasn't enough to confuse you completely, let's move on to how this applies to the Flood story. The Ancient Sumerian Kings list is in fact the generations leading up to Noah from Adam.

1. Alulim (Adam)
2. Alalgar (Seth)
3. Kidunnu (Enosh)
4. Alimma (Kenan)
5. Enmenluanna (Mahalalel)
6. Dumuzi (Jared)
7. Ensipazianna (Enoch)
8. Enmenduranna (Methuselah)
9. Sukurlam (Lamech)
10. Ziusudra (Noah)

The introduction of the Annunaki (An and Enlil] to the human genome via Ki and Ninlil, did not occur until Jared's generation (see the 6th Sumerian King). This means An and Enlil and the other Sumerian gods are not the real Gods of Creation known as Elohiym, but the Annunaki fallen angels who descended to Earth during Jared's generation and really screwed things up. The story of the real God of Creation preceeded the Annunaki story by many, MANY years according to the ancient texts, in the days of Alulim (Adam), the first king of the Sumer city, Eridu.

Enlil has a particularly bad spot in the history books since his Sumerian appelation as the Princely god of the Air, is shared with only one other entity in scripture. I'll give you three guesses who that other entity is....

It isn't necessary to generate new archaeological evidence specific to Noah because he was the King of Shuruppak (a city of Sumer) when the Flood began. The evidence is already there! If you're looking at Sumer, you're looking at Noah's and his predecessors. But since I know you won't take my word for it, let's look at the bible again and go for a little walk over to ancient Egypt.

The New World Translation of Genesis 10: 10 discusses the story of Nimrod briefly:

10 And the beginning of his kingdom came to be Ba'bel and E'rech and Ac'cad and Cal'neh, in the land of Shi'nar.

The Akkadians called their predecessors Shukmerians, and spoke of the Land of Shumer.
"It was, in fact, the biblical Land of Shin'ar. It was the land whose name - Shumer - literally meant the Land of the Watchers to the ancient Egyptians. It was indeed the Egyptian Ta Neter - Land of the Watchers, the land from which the gods had come to Egypt. [Zecharia Sitchin, Stairway to Heaven]

The dictionary defines it thus:

Shinar

SYLLABICATION: Shi�nar
PRONUNCIATION: shnr, -n�r
In the Bible, a country on the lower courses of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

In the Egyptian Book of the Dead there are prayers for deliverance from the Watchers (Tchatcha, the princes of Osiris) , who came from Ta-Ur, the "Far Away Land." Ta-Ur is Ur in Sumeria!

It's interesting to note here that the passage says "From which the gods had come to Egypt." Remember, the Annunaki [Sons of God - et.al. Angels, and in the case of the Annunaki, FALLEN angels] had not been imprisoned yet. Satan and his cohorts were still intermingling and interfering with the human species on a massive scale. Oh no, this was not over yet! The Flood had only succeeded in wiping out the Nephilim who had been born since the days of Jared, the battle was won but the war wasn't over.

Another interesting note is the fact the Egyptians felt they needed to be delivered FROM the gods of Sumeria who had come to their land. The egyptians were praying to be SAVED from Tchatcha, the princes of Osiris. Literally, they were praying for deliverance from the Sons of God - not deliverance BY - but FROM! What is wrong with this picture?! You're about to find out.

Right about now you might be asking yourself why would the Annunaki want to continue to manipulate humanity and the human gene pool? - Answer: Jesus' generations [genetics] had to be as pure as Noah's in order for his sacrifice to be legitimate and the Annunaki were not interested in the salvation of humanity, but the destruction of it. There could be no Annunaki blood in Jesus - he had to be completely human, genetically, but supernaturally a Son of God in order for his sacrifice to be perfect covering of human sins. His birth HAD to be the result of YHVH Elohiym's supernatural intervention and not the result of sexual relations between angelic beings and humans. What the original Sons of God (Annunaki) had botched up completely, Jesus was going to provide a permanent fixative for.

Anyway, back to Noah. According to the Sumerian tale, the boat comes to rest on Mt. Nimush, which is today Pir Omar Gudrun by Kirkuk, Iraq in the Kurdish region, a 9000 ft. mountain of the ELBURZ MOUNTAINS (or Alborz). Just a short way off from Pir Omar Gudrun you can see, Mt. Ararat. The entire mountain region was probably known in Noah's time by its highest peak, Mt. Ararat, which is 16946 ft, the tallest mountain in Turkey and among the tallest in the world.

After the flood, the Annunaki began their mischief anew. As a result the Nephilim sprung up once more and became affiliated with an entire branching network of genetically altered humans. Among these are the Rephaim (Weakeners), who are themselves the basis for the Vampire myths - these same are called the unresurrectable and the undead because their souls were unresurrectable, whereas humans were resurrectable provided they didn't intermingle with the Annunaki or their offspring Nephilim. The Gibborim, giant Heroes, such as Goliath and the race of Philistines, are also of the Nephilim.

Today, most UFO-ologists refer to the Annunaki as Aliens and claim that the Annunaki are once again loose on the planet, wreaking genetic havoc on our race by abducting women and impregnating them with hybrids. This is, in reality, demonic abductions carried out by the Annunaki. But why? Jesus has already beaten the rap for the human race, there's no battle left to win ....or is there?

Establishing the Timeframe for the arrival of the Annunaki to the Earth.

Two major events happened simultaneously -

1) Human civilization sprung up across the globe
2) The Annunaki arrive on the planet.

According to our current dating methods, the earliest civilization was in Sumer (Sumeria, Shinar, Land of the Watchers). It was here that the Annunaki first descended to the planet. Not much later other civilizations sprung up almost immediately and simultaneously in various places:

The Antediluvian Timetable of Mesopatamian Civilization

Ubaid 5000-3500 B.C.
Uruk 3500-3100 B.C.
Jemdet Nasr 3100-2900 B.C. Annunaki arrive
Early Dynastic I-III 2900-2350 B.C.

The Antediluvian Timetable of Ancient Egyptian Civilization:

Predynastic until 3000
Archaic 3000 -- 2700 Annunaki arrive
OLD KINGDOM 2700 -- 2200

The Antediluvian Timetable of Nubia Civilization:

3000 to 2350 Annunaki arrive

The Antediluvian Timetable of Chinese Civilization:

2637 to 2350 Annunaki arrive

The Antediluvian Timetable of Indian (India) Civilization:

3000 to 2350 Annunaki arrive

The key word here is civilization. Prior to this time, humans were pretty much nomadic and uncivilized. With the influx of the Annunaki, we were taught the practices of warfare, medicine, weaponry, magic, architecture, writing, languages, religion, etc. What had once been a fairly uneventful and sedate life of food gathering and wandering, turned into a complex, organized system of cities with libraries and alphabets and languages and astrological charts, etc. The ancient Sumerians had established not just a language, but a specialized language - one for males, one for females. You had to learn, not just one language, but two, in order to communicate with one another.

This occured, as you can see from the above Antediluvian Timetables, almost simultaneously in places that were separated from each other by thousands of miles. As I indicated in the Circle of the Earth thread, it occured in a ring around the entire planet, along which not only did civilization and writing spring up, but various MAJOR religions did as well. The world's first known written languages, Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Sumerian Cuneiform, were also developed along this line of ancient sites. The Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Brahman and Buddhist religions, as well as ancient Egyptian and Peruvian religions, also sprang up along this line.

----------------------------------

Based on my information, which I've gleaned from many sources including

Dead Sea Scrolls (the Book of Enoch I)

wesley.nnu.edu...

Book of Giants

www.nazarene.net... )

Old and New Testaments

www.htmlbible.com...

Egyptian Book of the Dead

www.sas.upenn.edu...

Books by Zecharia Sitchin

www.sitchin.com...

Erich Von Daniken

www.daeniken.com...

Ron Wyatt Archaeological Research

www.wyattmuseum.com...

Information collected by a Roswell, NM christian pastor and the head of MUFON chapter of Brevard County Florida

alienresistance.org...

Internet Sacred Text Archive

www.sacred-texts.com...

Lost Legend of Ziusudra, King of Sumer

www.flood-myth.com...

and The Prehistoric Alignment of World Wonders

home.hiwaay.net...

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
The BBC successfully debunked the Bible version of Noah's Ark, instead giving a more reasonable and probably version in a much more localized area.

Just as there are people who feel they can debunk the Bible there are those with information who can testify to the validity of things in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Addendum to my post above (which see):

Now, extrapolate your knowledge of history. How many "Myths" (which I think are real histories and not myths at all) relate stories of women having sexual relations with the gods?

Here, let me assist you:

Zeus had sex with the mortals - Spartan queen Leda, princess Danae, Phoenician princess Europa and Semele.

Some tales say the Arthurian Merlin was the product of an Incubus (or even Satan) and a mortal woman.

Khajuraho - [brahmanism] The creators of Khajuraho claimed descent from the moon. The legend that describes the origin of this great dynasty is a fascinating one : Hemavati, the beautiful young daughter of a Brahmin priest was seduced by the moon god while bathing in the Rati one evening. The child born of this union between a mortal and a god was a son, Chandravarman. Harassed by society, the unwed mother sought refuge in the dense forest of Central India where she was both mother and guru to her young son. The boy grew up to found the great Chandela dynasty.

This theme, as well as the giants theme, is repeated all over the world, in places that were so far separated from each other, that they could not have possibly exchanged the information and took on each other's "myths". Rather, it makes more sense that they weren't myths but actual events that these ancient peoples all experienced.

Here's another point I find to be of interest. This is a history from the ancient Inca about the Creator of the Universe. www.sacred-texts.com...

These people have all experienced something unique. Just because they lived thousands of years ago, does not mean their experiences are null and void (just for the record!).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join