It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has King Solmon's Mines Finally Been Found In Southern Jordan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I thought Allan Quartermain discovered them in Africa.

Very interesting, hope we can find something interesting out of this.

www.archaeologydaily.com...

The existence of King Solomon has been a topic of debate and intrigue for countless treasure seekers and researchers, and an anthropologist at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) has uncovered evidence suggesting that the ancient king's splendid, copper and gold adorned palaces as described in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) may very well have existed.

Thomas Levy, a UCSD professor of anthropology and Judaic studies, also the associate director of the Center of Interdisciplinary Science for Art, Architecture and Archaeology (CISA3), wasn't looking for King Solomon's mines at first. He was actually researching the role of ancient technology on the evolution of society. But what he found in Jordan was groundbreaking - thousands of tons of slag, a by-product of smelting ore, and different types of blowpipes. Using the process of radiocarbon dating, his team discovered there was industrial-scale metal production of copper precisely in 10th century BC."It would have been like the Pittsburg of Palestine," said Levy.

There are two sides to the King Solomon debate, he said. First, there are those who "minimize the historicity of the Old Testament, saying there was no Solomon because during the 10th century there were no societies capable of creating a kingdom, only petty nomads." On the other side, there are those who maximize the content of the Old Testament, he said.

"We don't have proof that we have found Solomon's mines, but what we have proof of is that there were kingdoms in the 10th century," said Levy. "I think he existed.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm slightly confused by this bit

There are two sides to the King Solomon debate, he said. First, there are those who "minimize the historicity of the Old Testament, saying there was no Solomon because during the 10th century there were no societies capable of creating a kingdom, only petty nomads.

The 10th century BC was 1000BC and we all know there were plenty of civilizations at this time and long before... Funny mistake to make

edit on 1-12-2010 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Maybe they meant 10,000 BC? Did anyone see the program they made of it 'NOVA: Quest for Solomon's Mines'? Can't find it on youtube or anything.

Any evidence that goes towards the idea that civilisations have been around for a lot longer than is commonly accepted, is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJ

You can't trust academia or religion for history.

It is clear the world was established for many millennium prior to the flood detailed in the bible.

The Sphinx has water damage from rains and the nile used to run through gaza.

There are pyramids on every continent.

There are so many examples of advanced civilization in the world that you purposefully have to ignore logic and intuition to believe the crap we are told by historians.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There is some very interesting evidence that Solomon's mines, at least SOME of the copper mines, were in Michigan, of all places. There is evidence of very ancient copper mining there, along with the remains of ancient depots of copper ore down the Mississippi Valley. Baal statues have been found in Michigan, along with bronze spear points of Middle Eastern design. The Book "America, BC" may be one of my sources on this. The ore in Michigan was very high grade, and remember that the Bible mentions that Solomon had bronze [read: copper] without measure.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

He's being hyperbolic; He's part of the latter camp, so he's making up crap to disparage those who don't see the old testament as a completely accurate document.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Last night we had an interesting programme BBC2 I think, on looking for signs of King David in Israel. VIP for Soloman as No Dad, No Soloman. We traped around here and there and eventually came up with 'evidence' by way of a piece of stone with wriiting carved into it. In the writing is the mention of .... the family of David. This is the only artefact of King David that has been found and is hardly convincing if David is a common name. There is a dig in Judah showing a reasonable sized site with what appears to be a broad gateway. However it looked messily amateurish, from the point that most of the ancient archeology eg palaces were well constructed with neat, strong walls and impressive etc. This had stone work then layers where the stones just seemed dumped on the walls. It goes back to the right era but doesn't look fit for a King and certainly would not provide security.

Earlier I read that the peoples who lived in close proximity to the Canaanites and other groupswith who the Israelites intermarried actually occupied an area stretching into Jordan and Syria. I don't know how much specific excavation has taken place in this large area but would wonder if perhaps the hunt for King David and Soloman might prove more fruitful in this region.

It was obvious in the programme that some Israeli archaelogists were desperate to find evidence of David (and Soloman) to help qualify their demand to Palestine/Israel. Should that evidence turn up outside the border and in another country altogether it will provide very perplexing for some.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
It was obvious in the programme that some Israeli archaelogists were desperate to find evidence of David (and Soloman) to help qualify their demand to Palestine/Israel. Should that evidence turn up outside the border and in another country altogether it will provide very perplexing for some.

The evidence is real. David Rohl, in one of his books, mentions an ancient letter which was dug up in Palestine, and if memory serves, it mentions FIVE people we know of from the era of David, including Abner.

The claim of the Jews for Palestine is not valid, however. Their ancestors were expelled from the land for their sins by God, who had given it to them. Further, most Jews in Palestine are Kazar-descendants, whose ancestors were never in Palestine at any time. Palestine rightfully belongs to the Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I'm slightly confused by this bit

There are two sides to the King Solomon debate, he said. First, there are those who "minimize the historicity of the Old Testament, saying there was no Solomon because during the 10th century there were no societies capable of creating a kingdom, only petty nomads.

The 10th century BC was 1000BC and we all know there were plenty of civilizations at this time and long before... Funny mistake to make

edit on 1-12-2010 by Versa because: (no reason given)

I think he was saying there were no Jewish societies there.

It's a pet theory of mine that many of the figures like Solomon in the Old Testament are appropriated mythical versions of Egyptian Pharoahs, but as I say it's simply a pet/fun theory.

edit on 17-3-2011 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Hi Lazarus,

I didn't know they were expelled by God, or are you saying when they were taken as slaves to Babylon, God obviously let that happen. I haven't got a bible to hand to check. I think if one's ancestors disperse from a country its amazing how after a long period of time, you think you can suddenly go back and take it over. After all DNA now can tell us all where we came from. If we all started demanding to be repatriated, grabbed the best areas from the indigenous people and kicked out as many of them as we could and then pretended they didn't exist, the world would be in a pickle wouldn't it.

In a way perhaps it would be easier were remains, if they exist at all of David and Soloman, were found in Jordan or Syria simply because it would present a 'State' that would virtually be impossible to recreate now and although disappointing to geniune Jews would ease the situation in Palestine. Its obviously a highly disfunctional country and is getting more and more so without any suggestion of improvement on the horizon. Were the aid it receives cut or stopped for some reason one wonders how long it would continue as it is for. I suspect that although Israel has its sympathizers that number has diminished and countries today would probably not wish to get involved in their situation.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Lynda: I have this thesis, about which I am currently writing a book, that God married Israel at Sinai. Further, the terms and conditions spelled out in the books of Moses were (in part) to warn Israel of the rewards of faithfulness to God, and the consequences of unfaithfulness. When these people went after other gods, the true God saw it as any husband would view his wife taking other men. He warned them many times, but in the end, He divorced Israel and sent her packing. Later, Judah got the same treatment, and God said that Judah was the worse of His two wives. Once you have the thesis, this viewpoint is glaringly obvious in the Biblical narrative. So, Israel and Judah, having been given a bill of divorce, and sent packing, have no more claim to the land.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: wording change

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by ZombieJ

You can't trust academia or religion for history.
It is clear the world was established for many millennium prior to the flood detailed in the bible.
The Sphinx has water damage from rains and the nile used to run through gaza.
There are pyramids on every continent.
There are so many examples of advanced civilization in the world that you purposefully have to ignore logic and intuition to believe the crap we are told by historians.

Let the Hall of Maat www.hallofmaat.com...be your friend. Logic and intuition depend upon your knowledge base...if any of that is wrong, the errors expand exponentially.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Lynda: I have this thesis, about which I am currently writing a book, that God married Israel at Sinai. Further, the terms and conditions spelled out in the books of Moses were (in part) to warn Israel of the rewards of faithfulness to God, and the consequences of unfaithfulness. When these people went after other gods, the true God saw it as any husband would view his wife taking other men. He warned them many times, but in the end, He divorced Israel and sent her packing. Later, Judah got the same treatment, and God said that Judah was the worse of His two wives. Once you have the thesis, this viewpoint is glaringly obvious in the Biblical narrative. So, Israel and Judah, having been given a bill of divorce, and sent packing, have no more claim to the land.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: wording change

Hi Lazarus,

Good luck with your book, I imagine its very hard work and I bet has you thinking about things very deeply.

Your perspective seems very original, you have certainly made me think. I some what sadly feel that God's relationship with mankind was doomed to failure. Even if he made us, he didn't understand us

The first time his relationship failed was with Adam, probably his slave who decided not to follow God's rules. God then has various relationships though how pleasurable they were, one would wonder eg Job. He demands a non-negotionable, one-sided covenant with the Israelites which they reject but he forces on them and one could say they are his slaves today.

Apparently Soloman wherever he lived was especially gifted with wisdom, wealth, women and the luxuries life then could offer, yet towards the end of his life he went mad. Solomon lived before the Covenant yet one could still say God divorced him.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

In my book, I refer to the Bible as "The Book of Man's Failure and God's Faithfulness." Our relationship to Him seems doomed to failure only because we do not see the oucome, and and are largely unaware of what He is doing to and for us. We could have even a hint of God's perspective on things, we would be much happier.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'll try dig out the doc but the one i saw said Solomon gained his wisdom and power over demons/spirits because when he first became King he prayed to God and instead of asking for more power or domination over his enemies he just asked for the wisdom to lead his people in the right way.

Because of this God gave him divine wisdom and powers.

But then he became found of a woman/women and started to idol worship some gods who they did, they sort of convinced him according to the doc.

Which may be why God divorced him as you say

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The claim of the Jews for Palestine is not valid, however. Their ancestors were expelled from the land for their sins by God, who had given it to them. Further, most Jews in Palestine are Kazar-descendants, whose ancestors were never in Palestine at any time. Palestine rightfully belongs to the Palestinians.

A few flaws here that you should know about before you publish your book.

1. There is no city, county, state, nation, country or continent of "Palestine"
2. Since there is no palestine state, there are no "Palestinians" I thought this would be common sense...go figure.
3. The word Palestine comes from the dwellers of this land in Moses/Davids time, the "Philistines".

God did divorce his wife Israel, yet will restore her and give the land to Israel as he promised to Abraham. This was an unconditional promise and must be fulfilled or God is a liar, and all the second advent verses about Jesus Christ are also lies.

Why do you think Esra, and Nehemiah were sent back AFTER they were kicked out of the land by God? They rebuilt the walls and the land was theirs once again.
The Jews will have their land, one way or another. But the outcome is already penned out in the book of Revelation. Jesus will slaughter all the muslims, and world powers that come against Israel and will rule in Jerusalem with a rod of iron for 1000 years.

There is nothing the world or UN can do to avoid this scenario.
Zeph 3:8 "Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. "

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

Thanks Lucifer84, Soloman's is an interesting story

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

A few flaws here that you should know about before you publish your book.

1. There is no city, county, state, nation, country or continent of "Palestine"
2. Since there is no palestine state, there are no "Palestinians" I thought this would be common sense...go figure.
3. The word Palestine comes from the dwellers of this land in Moses/Davids time, the "Philistines".

God did divorce his wife Israel, yet will restore her and give the land to Israel as he promised to Abraham. This was an unconditional promise and must be fulfilled or God is a liar, and all the second advent verses about Jesus Christ are also lies.

Why do you think Esra, and Nehemiah were sent back AFTER they were kicked out of the land by God? They rebuilt the walls and the land was theirs once again.
The Jews will have their land, one way or another. But the outcome is already penned out in the book of Revelation. Jesus will slaughter all the muslims, and world powers that come against Israel and will rule in Jerusalem with a rod of iron for 1000 years.

There is nothing the world or UN can do to avoid this scenario.
Zeph 3:8 "Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. "

Pardon, no Palestinians from Palestine? So who did the Israeli's claimed were firing rockets at them - The Palestinians, at least that is what we were all told by the media when Israel invaded Gaza. You will find it difficult denying 11,000,000 people's existence I do not support Islam but after seeing a 'camp' the Palestinians were forced into many years ago, and seeing it was not fit to put chickens in, their suffering became a reality for me, not just another news story.

So basically God got divorced yet again although he will remarry same, some time when. Esra busied himself building walls although I thought there was mention of him having a literary career with lucrative real estate benefits?
Jesus will commit mass genocide of 'those people' and then become a dictator in the best possible style with a rod of iron for 1000 years. Sometime, although I can't fathom when, God will get busy engulfing the world in fire.

Whoopeedoooooo............................ Are You Sure?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Its not about whether I'm sure bud, this is just what the Bible teaches. And I am sure that the Bible is a sure bet. As for the good old media as you put it

"at least that is what we were all told by the media when Israel invaded Gaza"

Since when do you believe what the media "tell" you?
Check out any map my friend for the last 4000 thousand years, there has never been a state or nation of "Palestine". Google it or wikipedia it for all I care! But this lie the media keeps calling "Palestine" is nothing more than Israel. There are no borders to this mythical land of Palestine.

By the way, this 'camp' you speak of that the "Palestinians" (:lol
were put in....guess who put them there? Now don't take my word, do some freaking research! The muslim brotherhood took control of these disputed land areas, and these "camps" are the results you see.

And of course, Al Jazeera and the UN say Israel did this AS A RESULT of them taking their rightful land back. The perpetrators, as usual, are muslims mistreating and ruling over their own people like slaves. SOP.

If the muslims want a palestine, why don't they use some of the land they already have and make one! Why must they steal Israel's land. Muslims already own 97% of the land in the Middle East already!! My how greedy they are!!!!
But, this is all going just like the Holy Bible said it would. Be prepared to meet the God of Israel folks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join