It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Forces Woman To Remove Nipple Rings with PLIERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This happened in 2008... but it just shows how crazy those bastards have always been.

TSA Forces Woman To Remove Nipple Rings

A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way."

Hamlin, 37, said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on Feb. 24 when she was scanned by a Transportation Security Administration agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems.

The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said.

Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The agent then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said.

Lots of people have nipple rings...and some people rings/piercings in other personal places... Will the TSA ask them to remove those too?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thats stupid, Im sick of this show TSA is trying to put on... the dumb things don't even pick up plastic or explosives making them all in all useless!

edit on 23-11-2010 by WireFoXX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Obviously , nipple rings could spontaneously explode ....

zo , zay must be REMOVED?!?!?!?!?

( TSA does want nose rings on everyone though )

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This was already discussed on ATS when the event occured:

ATS original thread

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As Maxwell Smart would say,'ah the old hand grenade hidden in the breast trick
Second line.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What! Why would she have to remove them? Seriously, that is just insane. I have a belly ring and it's never set off any detector in 10 years. I sure as hell would NOT remove it if asked.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
duplicate

edit on 11/24/2010 by mblahnikluver because: oops

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Were those pliers sterile?

I doubt it.

No medical professionals were involved and there is no word in the article as to whether or not the pliers were sterile.

*I wonder how many piercings those pliers were used to move before they were used on this poor lady. Even if the pliers were clean they were probably handled by dirty gloves that had been touching people and their things (like dirty underwear and clothing from trips) just prior to their handling of the pliers.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The original article has been removed from Yahoo

second line

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BostonBill99

Theres another article about it here and an apparent "apology" well kind of from the TSA.

One of my friends from the club scene is Elaine Davidson (the most pierced woman in the world) I'm guessing that you won't be having the pleasure of her company in the USA any time soon

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
if this is true this is really depressing? are all airports using these scanners? putting me of visiting the states now reading stuff like this. not that i have any nipple rings

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The absolute best part about all of this nonsense is that it isnt keeping anyone safe. Some 16 year old kid just flew from North Carolina to Boston by sneaking into the wheel well of a jet. Sure, he fell out and died over Boston but the fact remains he could have been one of those "terrrrrrists" we keep hearing about.

And all the scanning and groping in the world isnt going to catch somebody with two pounds of explosives up their ass.

Maybe if you were actually gaining any safety from all of this I could see the logic but you arent gaining anything at all for the cost. Blows my mind. All this "change" and we're acting "stupider" than ever.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Those must have been some nipple rings! I didn't realize that one could hijack an airplane with nipple rings.

Be prepared for full body scanners at every travel orifice be it plane, train or water craft.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have just received news that I am invited to attend a meeting at Tinker Airforce Base. Judging on what I have read of late, I am declining to travel to the States. Someone else can go, or they can come to us. No way am I travelling to the USA.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I,ve never flown or been abroad, don't think i,ll bother...not havin some stranger fondlin my bits..lol

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Perhaps this totally inappropriate snivel was unleashed in the original thread but...why use pliers when you have perfectly good teeth?

Okay, now seriously, what really was the point of insisting that the ring be removed? The obvious answer is that the woman, and man, involved either found it arousing...or just stimulating in the sense that they were able to impose their control over the victim.

I hope that the agents involved were either fired or suspended. This is just silliness taken to the level of obscene.

top topics

join