It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man evades TSA grope on 4th amendment grounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Mods, please move this if its in the wrong spot.

Folks, I come to you empty handed. My wife read this today on the net and now we cant find it. ATS has no sign of it.

If you DO know about it PLEASE make a thread or add to this one.

On with the story.

American man today refused the pat down. yeah. what else is new?

The catch is he did what my wife and I discussed on the back porch while smoking....request a COP!

The man very calmly refused the grope citing his 4th amendment rights. He immediately informed the TSA goons that he would like to have an officer attend to him. He was led to "the room" we hear about and he sat down. They continued to give him grief. He continued to tell them that as the 5th amendment protected him from self incrimination and gave him the right to dummy up without having council, so did his 4th protect him.

They were pissed but eventually brought him a couple of officers. On their arrival, he addressed them with the situation and stated that he would submit to a pat down from them IF they produced a warrant. He stated that they were acceptable as they were FORCED to uphold the constitution.

The cops told the TSA to back off and let him go as they had no reason to hinder his free travel as he wasn't wanted for any charges (they called into dispatch of course).

The TSA went into a rage and said that THEY had jurisdiction. The officers quickly said "we trump you". After a few minutes of arguing, the TSA relented and the man was free to go through the metal detector and about his business.

Folks, this may what forces their hand. They will either have to "modify" the 4th and have MAJOR upheaval from an all ready pissed populace or stand down.

I have no link for this but will continue to search. I ask all of you "human search engines" to do the same.

AS a matter of fact, If you do find something, put up a new thread and link on here so we can put it up front. you will deserve the flags and stars as you did the heavy lifting.

Thanks.

Gott mit uns!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

This kind of thing makes me wish I could travel even more now; I know I would do the same thing, but I also know that since I'm such a chicken-# I'd probably back down once I was in "The Room".

I myself have never had much respect for cops for various reasons, but hearing that they HAVE to uphold constitutional rights, and hearing a story about them ACTUALLY doing that gives me a really nice, warm, fuzzy feeling.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join