It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the earth be millions of yrs old and we can't find a tree over 10K yrs old?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Great breakdown of science and faith and the misunderstanding that differentiates the two.

forums.randi.org...

It's a short read with easy to understand words.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Man this site is full of retards...

Yeah, but its addicting

Happy Thanksgiving!

T

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

That is interesting, as it would quantify to being one of the oldest living things on the planet. However, the geological records that is recorded, would indicated, that some of the trees that have been found are far older. In the state of Arizona, at the petrified forest, after carefully examination, they not only have determined the ages vary from 209 to 214 MILLION years old, but are able to take the fossil records, combined with some of the oldest trees and create a geological time line that disputes the evidence you have put forth. Combined with the ice shelves and data from the artic and antartic information, shows it goes back even further.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So because the oldest person alive is only about 115, and all our genetic material is almost identical, then I could claim ( using your logic ) that humans have only been around for about that long.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING ??? GOD HELP YOU IF YOU ARE NOT.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
How about a question to answer your question?

Where is the conflict between Man being Created from the dust and Man being evolved from the dust. It's just terminology. Why would God not use Nature and it's Laws as a tool of Creation?

Few Christians have a problem with this and the idea you present is a result of illiteracy from another time. It is entirely rational to both believe we Evolved or were Created. They both describe the same process.

More food for Thought... www.leaderu.com...

Jesus Himself, on six different occasions, refers to each one of the first seven chapters of Genesis, thus affirming His belief in their historical nature. He refers back to Adam and Eve to defend His position on marriage and divorce in Matthew 19:3-6. He makes His argument a historical one when He says that "from the beginning" God created them male and female. Jesus affirms that Adam and Eve were real people. Jesus' comments are in an historical context.

Jesus affirms the historicity of Cain and Abel in Matthew 23:29-36. In this passage, Jesus connects the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of the prophet Zechariah. The murder of Zechariah at the door of the Temple was within the last 400 years and was clearly historical. If this was historical, then so was the murder of Abel!

Jesus confirms the historical nature Noah and the Flood in Matthew 24:37-39. The time before Noah is related to the time that Christ returns. If the flood is just a story to communicate a pre-New Testament vision of the gospel, then is Jesus return just another story to communicate some other spiritual truth? The historicity of Genesis 1-11 is tied to many aspects of Jesus' teachings.

In many ways it is difficult to separate the book of Genesis, even the first eleven chapters, from the rest of Scripture, without literally rejecting the inspiration of Scripture and the divine nature of Jesus. It is hardly possible to assume that Jesus was knowingly deceiving these pre-modern people in order to communicate the gospel in a context they understood.

How can the first 11 chapters be separated from even the rest of Genesis? The time of Abraham has been verified by archeology. The places, customs, and religions spoken in Genesis related to Abraham are accurate. The story of Abraham begins in Genesis 12. If Genesis 1 is mythology and Genesis 12 history, where does the allegory stop and the history begin in the first 11 chapters? It is all written in the same historical narrative style.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You are not going to read the link I provided are you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

No, it really isn't. And science says the universe is 15 billionish years old, with the Earth at around 4.5 billion. Give or take a bit. It's something we can actually measure. It's not a fairy tale.

Here's the other thing, even if it isn't 4.5 billion, it's still a lot older than 10,000 years old. We have human artifacts that are much older. We have human remains that are older still. We have prehistoric fossils that are older than those.

10,000 years is off by such a scale that it isn't even laughable, it's just sad.

And I know the Force well, it doesn't dwell on the side of ignorance.

I will not argue with you, believe what they teach you every 2 years when they discover something else and have to change the science books once again for the billionth time. Believe what you’ve been programmed to believe and i will stay with ignorance.
May the force be with you.

Like i said' his question is one of many questions that they never want asked,its like aliens coming down on earth,it will be a event that will disturb the ongoing system that your progammed to believe.Keep the faith and keep believing in science,i guess in the next 2 years you will see what i am talking about,or mayby 4 or 6..how ever many times your science books are revised and rewritten,as it normally is.

Math doesnt lie.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
So because the oldest person alive is only about 115, and all our genetic material is almost identical, then I could claim ( using your logic ) that humans have only been around for about that long.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING ??? GOD HELP YOU IF YOU ARE NOT.

My young abb-worshiper...as you grow older you'll find you will become less-confident in your once-held beliefs...mark my words...

And no it is not a joke... it a a simple question...a question man

Put your 2 cents in, bookmark the page....save the old computer....and laugh at yourself in 30 yrs>>>

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

PS: My old 6-pack abbs look more like 6 kegs now...but my bubble's in the middle, so I must be on the level!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There are many fossilized remains of plants, millions of years old.

End of argument.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Great breakdown of science and faith and the misunderstanding that differentiates the two.

forums.randi.org...

It's a short read with easy to understand words.

Thank you friend!

Knowledge is power...have a great holiday, be safe!

OT

Add: www.todayinsci.com...

More insight to faith and science
edit on 24-11-2010 by OldThinker because: cause

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You see OldThinker that is the beauty of science, to be able to use new discoveries to amend set patterns observed. Which you refer to as following the wrong path, failed theory, bad science.

We have yet to see one simple indication that faith based beliefs can be duplicated in a laboratory several times always with the same result. In fact we have ZERO indication that faith based beliefs have ONE SINGLE shead of tangible evidence of existence.

But you do the math. Oh that's right, math is a NASA hoax and us shepple are stupid. But you know better. Lets read your dissertation, or white paper. Have you a peer reviewed essay?

I'm on the edge of my seat in waiting, maybe the edge of this dimension, or is it Dementia?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I started to respond to this, but I realized that I can not possibly respond without attacking the poster, so I have replaced it with this non-response, which is the only rational thing to do in the face of... that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Thanks and you have a great holiday yourself with yours.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Great question oldthinker.....my answer is.....drum role... I have no clue??? Good question to put in a box somewhere in my brain home though. ^_^

Hope the food you eat Tomorrow is wonderful !!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I like your avatar...very clean!

OT

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ansom33

Appreciate that ansom33...

The one simple question has gotten alot of play...really surprized me...some threads you spend hours and hours on...they go almost unread at times....others you take 5 minutes, and get 100's of replies

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

okay, okay. LOLOL. I just find it hilarious how this page has ran on +6 or 7 pages since I left. OT, i wish there were a biggest troll each month thread. You would take the plate

Okay, OT what is the question you are asking with this thread?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by zcflint05

Global warming?

Columbine?

Can u please stay on topic?

Originally posted by OldThinker
Did Jesus Believe in Creation?
by Kenneth Ham

Can you please say on topic.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You just get off work or home from the bar?

OP get's creative license

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join