It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walt Disney and Ufo disclosure...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ward Kimball, one of the original Disney animators, referred to by Walt Disney as one of the trusted "Nine Old Men," (supreme court of animation) died in Arcadia California on July 8, 2002. He was 88.

It was Kimball, who at the July 1979 MUFON UFO symposium in California, told of his interest in the subject of UFOs. Then to a stunned audience he related the story of how the American government had approached Walt Disney himself, prior to Sputnik, to make a UFO documentary to help acclimatize the American population to the reality of extraterrestrials.

Read what happened here:
Disney, UFOs and Disclosure...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Very interesting, if disney made a documentary to acclimatize, it would be to acclimatize children, so when the children were grown ups they wouldn't freak out if they were told that extraterrestrials exists and that they are here.

In a sense I feel they tried to do that with movies like E.T and Close encounters of the third kind.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I believe the children's movie "Lilo and Stitch" has an alien as a main character.Perhaps the beginning of acclimative process?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've always thought that Stephen Spielberg was hired to do exactly this too.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I've always thought that Stephen Spielberg was hired to do exactly this too.

Good call, there is actually some evidence of this....(got to leave work now though, so can't expand just yet...)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They started the acclimation process with Martin the Martian.

"They've stolen the Eludium 236 space modulator!"

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There's been a long history of the governments (possible?) involvement in hollywood regarding ufos and the paranormal.

There is a book, (I have it somewhere but haven't looked at it in years) called "Hollywood and UFOS" or "Hollywood and the Aliens" or something like that which talks about this very thing (not the whole book). I'll pull it out of a box somewhere when I get a chance.

I remember it being a very interesting read but not earth shattering.

Still if anyone can actually rememeber the title that'd be helpful.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gazrok, I'm hoping you can expand on that at some point. I've thought this for years, and I'm intrigued.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well, it's certainly a fact that Hollywood is sometimes used for propaganda purposes, so if there were to be an alien "revelation" of sorts, I'd expect a bit of a Hollywood pre-cursor. I hope Independence Day wasn't that pre-cursor though!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If you can find it on the web-lots have tried and failed, you might be interested in a release by disney called,"Alien Encounters". It's cover was to introduce a new ride. It showed once, at midnight on a local cable channel. See link

www.ufoevidence.org...

I have also had the same idea about getting the public-slowly-ready to announce aliens are real and here now.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Gazrok, I'm hoping you can expand on that at some point. I've thought this for years, and I'm intrigued.

Well, it'd take me a bit to dig up the exact references, so I'll summarize a bit...

First bit, is the little rumour that during the White House screening of ET, an aide overheard Reagan leaning to Spielberg and mentioning that "only a handfull of people outside this room know how real this is"...

However, there were also some other tidbits, such as Spielberg being a rather frequent guest of the Reagans. Also, many in his production companies, were also part of companies tapped for the Disclosure Project (not sure of the actual name dammit...) Anyhow, at one time, the government sat down with some producers (whom Spielberg was one of at the time) and addressed a proposal to basically bring the secret out. Amongst the ideas were a travelling exhibit, a full length documentary, and numerous TV news programs, exhibiting the debris, bodies, and fully explaining what we knew. This was late 70's early 80's.

Oddly enough, after this we have Close Encounters of the Third Kind, ET, and even the TV specials UFO CoverUp Live I and II which featured members of the Aviary (though many of which have been now identified, i.e. Richard Doty, etc.). Anyhoo, many of the people involved with the productions, were the same as those originally tapped for the Disclosure Project.

Fishy indeed....and the reek is of slow leaking of information with a dash or two of misinformation....(aliens really prefer M&Ms, but they wouldn't fit the bill to be in the movie, so Reeses Pieces became the favorite...
)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OK, so we can for the most part all agree that this is happening and has been happening for several years. Can they get on with the introduction all ready? I want to meet them. I've been acclimatized for a while!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If the reason for the many movies and tv-shows about aliens and ufos is to prepare people before all the facts are disclosed, then how come most ufo-documentaries as of late, really seem to focus on debunking?

I've been interested in the ufo-phenomenon since early 80's, and in the 90's it really felt like the truth was finally going to come out. But now, it just seems like the subject is getting less important.

Could it be that something's happened to make the government change their mind?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gzhpcu
Read what happened here:
Disney, UFOs and Disclosure...

"in the late eighties, the government was again busy making disclosure promises. This time the offers included the offer of an interview with the "keeper" of the live alien that had been held at Los Alamos, or access to a 16mm film that had been taken of the alien while he was still living."

I wonder if this has any connection with the alleged video of a grey, which was smuggled out of Area 51 - which seems to be floating around ATS?

[edit on 2-7-2004 by MetalHead]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I wonder if this has any connection with the alleged video of a grey, which was smuggled out of Area 51 - which seems to be floating around ATS?

Well if it does, then it's too bad for all the believers out there. What with that video seeming to be such an obvious hoax and all...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Close Encounters was a documentary!!

I heard years ago that the tones used by the Aliens are the tones of the Kaballah.

"Music of the Spheres"

I live by Wright- Patterson AFB, and the whole UFO thing is a daily talk around here. Hanger 18.

Dave Mustaine from Megadeth is from Dayton, and wrote a song called "Hanger 18" about the whole cover-up.
We are just waiting for it to de-classify.

I once asked the PR man for" Mound Laboratories" aka Monsanto, where Dayton was in line for a nuclear hit and his quote was, " You might see the flash, but you won't hear the boom"!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

how come most ufo-documentaries as of late, really seem to focus on debunking?

I beg to differ...with De-Classified Tuesdays on the Sci Fi Channel, and numerous Fox specials, I find just the opposite to be true... Even the learning and discovery channel docs have been more "pro" alien than "con" lately.....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I beg to differ...with De-Classified Tuesdays on the Sci Fi Channel, and numerous Fox specials, I find just the opposite to be true... Even the learning and discovery channel docs have been more "pro" alien than "con" lately.....

Sadly enough, where I live (Sweden) I don't have the possibility to watch those channels
. Though the channels I do get, like Discovery for example, they definetly concentrate mainly on debunking.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
TDC does take that angle often...true...but I think it's more in the minority...

new topics

top topics

join