It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about this BEDBUG Situation ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Cripes after seeing all this horrid stuff on TV about the little mega-bastards, what will You do? Certainly we don't want the little blood-eaters crossing the border and eating us too !!

Apparently Heat (+140 F) is the main ingredient to shut them off, since high power chemicals were outlawed. Talk about Airline pat-downs... now you'll have to go through heat treatment too.
Don't bring the little blood eaters here.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

When I went back home to NJ, 20 minutes outside NYC, in September I saw BedBug Extermination Vans at least 15 times in the month I was there.

It was a big problem made worse by the local media. They were showing pictures of sheets on random peoples beds loaded with these little bugs on TV. I bet half the people in the tri-state area got pretty grossed out by that.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Well considering that I have lived in Bloomington, IN for a year now, I am scared. Had a scare about 6 months ago but it was just fleas. They have been running rampid in Bloomington for sometime now and only time will tell if they end up in my house. I ride the city bus and I am scared.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Haven't had a problem with this yet *knockin' on wood*
But I will say this... Listerine (the old-fashioned, yucky-tasting, yellow-colored variety) kills head lice better than any of the 'poisons' they sell for that purpose. I know this because I work in a school, and have witnessed its miraculous effects first hand. Believe-you-me... head lice are hard to get rid of. We deal with many families who have fought that battle for years, until.... somebody started this trend of combing Listerine thru the effected kids' hair, and spritzing Listerine (with a spray bottle) throughout the house. I know this sounds bizarre. I'm just relaying what is truth to me. Personally, I've spritzed Listerine to deal with pesky fruit flies, or those tiny white moths that try to invade my house in summertime. Takes 'em right out of the air better than RAID ever thought about doing! Only thing I can figure is, Listerine contains an ingredient called "Thymol" (I think that's how you spell it-- too lazy to go read the label just now.)

If you can gargle it, I assume it won't kill you to spray it on your bed linen!
If it kills head lice, it's worth a shot to treat/prevent bed bug invasion.
Also, I can assure you, it does NOT stain fabric. (If you use the original "yucky" flavor, that is.)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's actually a big problem in NY. There's more cases popping up, more schools reporting cases.
I'm seeing more mattresses here and there with black spots and bugs crawling.

Arent bedbugs normal in some countries? We have these department stores shipping in items and clothes from other countries and we have heard plenty of times to wash your items if you can.

To my knowledge the only things that kill these critters is either extremely hot air or extremely cold air. Ive looked into a steam cleaner, heard thats the best way. If it's winter time, you can cover your mattress all around with plastic to keep them in and leave all your windows open overnight (if you can make arrangements that is).

The bad thing is if you have bedbugs on your mattress and you use a steam cleaner, although it can work your bed might develop mold (very bad)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well,what do you expect?

We have allowed anybody from all the 3rd world countries to come here and live beside us.

Many years ago when the immigration facilities were still in operation everybody's possessions were fumigated to kill these types of pests.

Now we just open our doors to any and everybody and wonder why what was just common in 3rd world countries are showing up here.

Also all the clothing being made in China and other countries are most likely bring the little buggers in too.

Get use to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
dont open security and spy equipment catalogs sealed in plastic baggies .i found them in a catalog bag i received in the mail.thats the reason they are ending up all over the place.me and my friends work on the road.living in low and middle grade motels/hotels and we have never come across them.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
After reports of more schools reporting bedbugs, My daughter attending one thats not yet affected (that we know of), I've had to change a few things out of basically fear of bedbugs.

My daughter is not allowed to set her bookbag on any furniture, or carpet. She is to leave it on the floor in a open space or hang it on the door. I keep her uniforms seperate from her regular clothing and wash them almost daily in hot water. Same with her coat and sweater, keep it seperate and wash that every week. I know that some of her school mates have had bedbugs at home but still no reports at her school. VERY scary to me.

At least it isnt harmful, I rather go through this annoyance of washing and seperating than throwing my furniture out and giving them money for more!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Good point I wonder if this can be traced back to illegal immigration in some way. I looked but couldn't find anything substantial.

I posted a thread yesterday about the immigration problem here in the US. Both sides of my family have immigrated here from another place - LEGALLY! This is what upsets me while our government looks for bombs and drugs they overlook the obvious dangers to our country in the form of disease and pests.
edit on 11/24/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
yea since our brothers from the south have been moving north head lice have become a regular thing in the schools too.more than usual.probly the govmint experimenting again.i say we mail them to our congressmen.

new topics

top topics

join