It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Indoctrination: The Letter A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's the first letter of our alphabet. When a cave man wanted to express pleasure, he would make the sound "ah".

But I'm not talking about writing or the English language in general, I'm here to call your attention to a much more sinister and disturbing look at THE LETTER A

[IMG=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/296/letteratnr.jpg][/IMG]

This is the letter A as we all very well know. This particular letter A is written in the font "Times New Roman". Interesting. This is the font of choice for most educational text books.

I would like to draw your attention to the right side of the A. It is bolder on one side than the other. Depending how you look at it, this seems to be giving the effect of a 3-dimensional object.

Prepare yourself, the next image is actually interesting.

img442.imageshack.us...

Here, I have imposed a circle onto the A. I have a passage from the bible, Revelation 21:6, which reads..

"I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. I give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

If you're following my train of thought, you may have guessed it: THE CAPITOL LETTER A IS A SIGN OF THE ILLUMINATI, and we have been brought up to think it is no more than the harmless first letter of the alphabet.

Submitted for your approval. Have we all been duped by TPTB? How could we let such a glaring and obvious sign be missed?

The following image is meant to shock you, and if you are not wearing a tinfoil hat, I suggest you put yours on IMMEDIATELY.

img151.imageshack.us...

edit on 23-11-2010 by NeedsNoName because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

I can't see your images. I read your OP with interest, but I feel I can not fully grasp your point without the images.

I spoke too soon, you fixed the links xD

Pretty interesting indeed. So do you believe we were conditioned to be happy and receptive of our letter grade "A" in an effort to subconsciously accept the Illuminate symbol?

Nice thinking outside the box

edit on 11/23/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I don't know how to embed images, so I have provided links to the images.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sahabi, I wasn't expecting the very first person to come into the topic to guess that right away, haha. But yes, I absolutely think that it is a way of conditioning the population to "like" or feel happy about the letter A.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NeedsNoName because: Replying to Sahabi

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
An interesting theory indeed. I immediately could recognize the similarity of the "A" with a pyramid and possible eye... although I lost you on the alpha and omega adding an "o" thing. Anywho if this info is correct the letter "A" actually originated as the drawing of a goat head or something, interesting read.

Alphabet Origin

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Sorry Jones, I will clarify what I meant by the quote from Revelation.

I didn't come to ATS to investigate the Illuminati. What originally interested me in this site was information on Extra Terrestrials and the history of alien life on this planet.

I believe when this quote is actually a part of history. I believe, a long, long time ago, Aliens came down to Earth, altered the evolution time of apes, giving them a huge advancement in terms of intelligence and sophistication.

When Revelations says "I am the beginning, and the end" I believe they are saying that Aliens were the beginning, and they will be the end (possibly Nibiru crashing into Earth? 2012? Not that I really subscribe to the idea of the world coming to an end... but the possibility is there.)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Interesting. While I don't quite fall on any belief trains I figure you may find my following tangent interesting.

You were interested in the letter "A", which I think we can both agree on looks very much like a pyramid and a cap stone. Now of course as mentioned I already have found plenty to tell me where "A" came from Orgin of the Letter A, that's not to say I won't humor the subject.

Obviously A links in with Alpha as you mentioned, or as we can define it for now "the beginning".
(edit)
more interesting info about Aleph taken from wik

In modern Hebrew, "me'ulaf", derived from the Hebrew root ʔ-l-f (alef-lamed-pe) is the passive participle of the verb "le'alef", and means trained (when referring to pets) or tamed (when referring to wild animals); the IDF rank of Aluf, taken from an Edomite title of nobility, is also cognate. In Modern Standard Arabic, أليف /aliːf/ literally means "tamed" or "coy", and is derived from the root "ʔ-l-f" from which the past tense verb آلَفَ /aːlafa/ means to "to coy". Since the names of Arabic letters are phonetic abstractions with no meanings except in their Semitic ancestors, the word itself doesn't have a real connection to the letter other than it contains.

In Rabbinic Judaic folktale 'Aleph is the subject of a midrash which praises its humility in not demanding to start the Bible. (In Hebrew the Bible begins with the second letter of the alphabet, Bet.) In this folktale, 'Aleph is rewarded by being allowed to start the Ten Commandments. (In Hebrew, the first word is אָנֹכִי, which starts with an aleph.) In the Sefer Yetzirah, the letter 'Aleph is King over Breath, Formed Air in the universe, Temperate in the Year, and the Chest in the soul. 'Aleph is also the first letter of the Hebrew word emet, which means truth. In Jewish mythology it was the letter aleph that was carved into the head of the golem which ultimately gave it life. Aleph also begins the three words that make up God's mystical name in Exodus, I Am That I Am (in Hebrew, 'Ehyeh 'Asher 'Ehyeh אהיה אׁשר אהיה), and 'aleph is an important part of mystical amulets and formulas. Jewish mysticism relates Aleph to the element of air, the magician (number 1) of the major arcana of the tarot deck[1], and the Scintillating Intelligence (#11) of the path between Kether and Chokmah in the Tree of the Sephiroth.

Now you decided to place an "o" in the center of the capstone, mimicking the all seeing eye on top of the capstone. While at first I didn't see your reasoning as being anything other than purely symbolic you may be amused to see... put on your tinfoil hat... the letter "o" no only relates to omega "the end" but... Phoenician Ayin (Eye)

Still chewing on that one, thanks for the post. In God we trust right...
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vicious Jones because: cauze

edit on 23-11-2010 by Vicious Jones because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/11/25 by GradyPhilpott because: exchanged quote tags for ex tags

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The direct address for these images is above each if you wish to now add these to the main post I will remove this post for you.

img442.imageshack.us...

img151.imageshack.us...

edit on 23-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Interesting.
But I think the Greek 'Delta' looks more like a pyramid.
(Whoever posted that link about the origins of the Alphabet, I like it!)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Jones that is really creepy. I actually saw that quote from the bible in Fallout 3. We know that the industry likes to drop hints about conspiracies, why not with this quote from the bible? Alpha, Omega... A and O coincidentally look like the back of a US dollar?

That part about the Phoenician Eye was crazy! How did you find out about that?

@Byteshertz Hey, thanks a lot for posting that, makes the tread look much better.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You planted some seeds, I just gave them water. I must say though, the entire thing is pretty wild.
2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I Am cAnAdiAn AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
second

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

So ? what does being Canadian have to do with anything. I'm Canadian and I'm still freaked out.

EDIT: Something interesting I noticed, others may find it interesting too. This letter A (Times New Roman) is one of the only fonts where the A has two "feet" (Most letter A's are just straight lines at the bottom, but the Times New Roman A has two feet at the bottom.) if you will. I was going to mention these "feet" in my original post but it slipped my mind. The feet seem to be giving the illusion of the A's bottom being closed off... you know, like a pyramid? Yeah.

If anyone can find more fonts where the A has feet, I'd like to see that.
edit on 24-11-2010 by NeedsNoName because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I see what you did there.
Second

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This thread is "A-1"!

You get an "A+" for this thread!

"@#$%ing A, dude!"

"A"men, folks!

top topics