It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law enforcement officer left loaded gun magazine on plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A federal law enforcement officer mistakenly left a loaded gun magazine that was found Tuesday on a Southwest Airlines plane, officials said.

How can this guy forget his loaded magazine on a plane!?! These are the people they have protecting us!?! With all the media events with the TSA and such I think I'm going to take the train for a while.

"The passengers who were remaining on that flight were rescreened and the plane was thoroughly inspected before returning to service."

And to add more insult to this they re screened all the innocent passengers, two pat downs for the price of one!

CNN

edit on 11/23/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I've seen all kinds of magazines on planes.......Newsweek.....Sports Illustrated.........Nuns Life........whats the problem with leaving a magazine like Guns and Ammo behind as you depart the plane?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This would normally shock someone, if you still believe the police are on YOUR side.

Too many corrupt officers to the ratio of good officers.

Now I'm not saying life would be better without them, but our current officers need better methods of tracking their actions.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well i think...its the same like we forget our cellphones or something some times

hes just a human

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What gets me is they re-screened all the passengers remaining on the flight due to the negligence of this Federal Officer.

He wasn't an air marshal but they are supposed to step in if there is an event happening. I really wonder why they feel this guy now needs 'remedial training' instead of being suspended.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
boy, its a good thing that the TSA is screening all of us potential terroists, meanwhile all leo, flight personnel, and of course members of congress just breeze right by. LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Exactly what I was thinking. I think it's kind of ridiculous to bash on the officer for forgetting the mag. Now if it were a gun+loaded mag, that's a whole other story. We are humans, I mean look at the world we live in...
edit on 23-11-2010 by -midnite- because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by -midnite-
reply to post by angrydog

Exactly what I was thinking. I think it's kind of ridiculous to bash on the officer for forgetting the mag. Now if it were a gun+loaded mag, that's a whole other story. We are humans, I mean look at the world we live in...
edit on 23-11-2010 by -midnite- because: (no reason given)

A magazine is an extension of your firearm. You are to remain in control of your firearm at all times no matter who you are. The fact that it was a federal agent should require we hold them to higher standards.

BTW.. Posted it when it broke. Wasn't sure if it was a real story so it wasn't in BN...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There was a cop in front of me in line at a gas station who somehow managed to hit the mag release and his mag popped out onto the floor.. Things happen I suppose..

Deebo

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The faith I have in cops to properly control their firearms is just slightly lower than the faith I have in crackheads to perform the same task.

Cop leaves loaded gun in bathroom at Starbucks

Drunk cop leaves gun in backpack on sidewalk

Cop leaves gun in airport bathroom

Cop leaves gun in courthouse bathroom

They're idiots. They routinely turn away would-be cops for being "too smart." These people running red lights with weapons all around them and licenses to kill are raging morons pushing IQ's of 70. It's this way by design.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
People are so scared of guns its sad! a loaded mag, wow thats really going to kill someone there. get over it! Cops should not be the only ones with guns.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So What?, he left a magazine on the plane. it's not like the bullets are gonna shoot themselves. Hell I have magazines stashed throughout my house, I don't remember where they all are or how many. But I know where my guns are and thats all that matters.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
The fact that it was a federal agent should require we hold them to higher standards.

The fact that it's a federal agent means he is held to much lower standards than any of us would expect.

Do what you're told, don't think for yourself, and be able to put 25 shots into a barn wall once a year.

If you happen to f-up don't worry. This is a union government job after all. You can torch a dozen children, rape women in handcuffs and shoot anyone you want to. The union will make it all right. Worst case is they have to let you go but dont worry about your pension. You'll still get that $90,000/year. After all, you earned it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Cops are humans too and prone to mistakes like the rest of us. What bothers me is when they knowingly and willingly choose to do evil. Even if it would've been a fully loaded gun the same still applies. Human imperfection.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone try to walk a loaded magazine onto a plane and see what happens?
That is if it is no problem.
I own several firearms and I agree cartridges and shells are for the most part harmless, but even I, and I'm no McGyver, can devise a small explosive device with several cartridges and a cell phone or watch.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Cops are humans too and prone to mistakes like the rest of us. What bothers me is when they knowingly and willingly choose to do evil. Even if it would've been a fully loaded gun the same still applies. Human imperfection.

There are certain jobs where you don't have room for human imperfection.

Ones where you:

Carry a firearm
Drive a loaded down truck at 75mph
Defuse bombs
Assemble missiles

Driving a truck, if you were to mess up at this level you lose your license to drive. There should be no less of a penalty here.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah and everyone of those professions is human. Only way to avoid mistakes would be to have robots do the job. Even those would do mistakes since they're programmed by humans. Even if you would penalize anyone for such a mistake with an electric chair it would still keep happening. Of course there will be action taken but punishment wont remove human qualities.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill
Now if he had left his gun on the plane I can see this being a big deal. This is just another attempt to put a spin on something for attention.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The faith I have in cops to properly control their firearms is just slightly lower than the faith I have in crackheads to perform the same task.

Cop leaves loaded gun in bathroom at Starbucks

Drunk cop leaves gun in backpack on sidewalk

Cop leaves gun in airport bathroom

Cop leaves gun in courthouse bathroom

They're idiots. They routinely turn away would-be cops for being "too smart." These people running red lights with weapons all around them and licenses to kill are raging morons pushing IQ's of 70. It's this way by design.

LOL This is true!!! I took the test 20 years ago, got one of the highest scores in history of the test in suffolk county NY, and was told I wasnt qualified lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's too funny!

I guess they run on the premise that victory comes to organizations, not through the employment of brilliant men, but through knowing how to get the most out of ordinary folks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join