It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one is free.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well, I'm glad to be free

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

That's the perception of freedom we have been led to believe is the true freedom. Walk outside right now, if you live with your parents will they not ask where your going? Or your spouse or roommate? You do not have freedom unless you can do anything you want without it being questioned.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To be free from knowledge is a beauty.
Where knowledge ends, freedom begins.
Knowledge being all that we have experienced and learned in live, how the society works and how to conform.
The religions, gods and ideology, political systems and the Hierarchy the way to define ourselfs from low to high.
Freedom indeed means to stand alone, not being dependent, depending on others to live and educate oneself.
Freedom from knowledge is one thing, then there is the burden of, me and you / they and us, with all the labeling that goes on living in separation.
Living in separation, we must unite, find means to live together and so on.
One can see easely what separation does, violence and wars, fighting and killing because of what we think we are and are labelled so.
Without separation and all the labelling, we are human aint it?
And without the burden of all that one lives happely, not in peace but in a world in which there is great harmony.
Peace is just the opposite of war and the time between two wars.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Look on the bright side.....with all the fuss that us commoners make, the powers that be are kept busy supressing us, so THEY aren't free also.

All's fair in love and war, and yes, you're right...no one is free.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

We are free if we choose to be.
People simply choose NOT to be. You say, I cannot just leave, someone will ask where I am going. You can choose not to answer. The police may say you are not free to drive over a certain speed, but unless the vehicle will not exceed the speed, you are in fact free to do so.
You choose not to because of consequences you may face. You may face the consequences in a different manner than submission, but you choose NOT to. You choose to REMAIN oppressed.
In nature, are animals free? They are. If a hunter shoots a "free" deer for food or sport, the deer was still free. The deer is no freer if the hunter chooses NOT to shoot it. If a lion kills prey for food, they are/were both free.
Such is nature, the world we live in.
In politics, people advance to the top NOT because they are smarter (though they often are), it is because they are predators, and the people are prey. They organize their networks and eventually become above the law that they use to oppress the prey. You can choose not to play their game, and respond to violence with violence.
You are free to do so. At least, presently.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I like to define freedom just as a state of being happy. You could live in a totalitarian hellhole and get tortured every day, but if you're happy, what power does anything really hold over you?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Not everyone is free, my little daughter is 4.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
Not everyone is free, my little daughter is 4.

instantrimshot.com...

What do you think of the thread?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yep thats why they made the word liberty probably.

Freedom is something someone out in the sticks can achieve but not city people.

There must be so many things bombarding our freedoms in society, lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Excellent.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Who says you are not free? The one that says that and believes it is not free. Whatever you believe, is your reality.
There is no freewill. So just enjoy the ride. This is freedom.
The freedom we desire most is from that criticizing and judging voice we hear in our heads. If that would stop fighting that would be peace.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

It's not really freedom if you are constantly being questioned. It's not really freedom if your actions can cause side effects. If you had freedom the things you did would only effect you and no one else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join