It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Zarqawi's Terror Group Seeks Women as Hostage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
With nearly 11,000 women serving in the coalition forces within Iraq orders apparently have gone out to al Zarqawi's network to capture a female servicewoman.

Washington Times
Terrorists in the Abu Musab Zarqawi network in Iraq are specifically trying to kidnap an American female service member to further horrify the U.S. public.
Two senior defense sources said the word is being passed within the network on the importance of taking one or more women hostage.
The defense source said Zarqawi's network apparently wants to further shock the Western world by kidnapping servicewomen and displaying them on videotape. Part of the terrorists' strategy is to cause so much bloodshed that President Bush loses public support for the war and is forced politically to bring the troops home.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If Zarqawi's group is successful capturing a female soldier the normal response of no negotiation with terrorists may fall by the wayside given the possibility of intense public pressure to have the administration take action to prevent the horror of a videotaped beheading or execution. Hopefully security can and has been tightend to prevent such a no win situation from occuring.

Related ATSNN Stories
Marine Taken Hostage
US Soldier Executed

Related ATS Posts
Behead or Not
Letter to Zarqawi

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

If Zarqawi's group is successful capturing a female soldier the normal response of no negotiation with terrorists may fall by the wayside given the possibility of intense public pressure to have the administration take action to prevent the horror of a videotaped beheading or execution. Hopefully security can and has been tightend to prevent such a no win situation from occuring.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Banshee]

Hmm, it's the horror of what she'd be taped, almost inevitably, having to endure before she was killed her that would make this especially bad. I think it's safe to say that the application of punitive, summary justice would occur almost instantaneously following this one.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First of all, it shows his desperation of his position.

Second, the only negotiation he would accept would probably be immediate withdrawal of the US from Iraq.

Lastly, he would have to know that it would most likely be his last hostage.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Shows you how Un Islamic these fools are who claim to act in the name of allah.

It aint religous fevor that drives them, but barbarism. I wodner how Muslims would feel about seeing them behead a female. Most Muslims to not consider women on the same level as men.

In can tell you from my own personal experience, female soldiers with half a brain will be hard to capture. because I know we were extra guarded when we were in Saudi, with the culture they had and all, we were extremely paranoid, even so far as to say, if a war or attack happened, and capture was imminent, wed shoot ourselves rather then let them get us, because of what the Iraqis did to female prisoners in the first gulf war.

Im pretty sure commanders are going to take extra measures now. These loser terrorists might just end up taking a female reporter or civilian hostage.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I still believe the real Zaqawi died a long time ago. These idiots are Mossad/Mercs. They have posed as Al-Qaeda before and got cought whats to say all these videos are not them now. Just remember this whole issue of video taping murders only became rampant just befor the power handover to Iraq.

The war there has been going on for some time now and only at the end of the war this started. If these people intend to capture a woman i have no doubt about there ability to do so even if the woman/man is armed to the teeth.

The man i believe to be currently posing as Zaqawi i believe has not been cought yet because he does not look like him. Therefor the soldiers could have checked him time and time again and let him go.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Since they're women do you think they would try to horrify the world even more by raping the women on tape?!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gm0n3y
Since they're women do you think they would try to horrify the world even more by raping the women on tape?!

dont keep your hopes up too high. i dont think theyd broadcast a banana split with chocolate topping.

new topics

top topics

join