It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Promises 'Measured, Unified' Response to North Korean Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

US Promises 'Measured, Unified' Response to North Korean Attack

www.voanews.com

Officials here are not minimizing the seriousness of the artillery barrage, which came shortly after revelations of new North Korean nuclear activity.

But they say the Obama administration intends to move carefully and deliberately in the face of what the White House calls "belligerent action."

U.S. envoy for North Korea Stephen Bosworth, who was dispatched to the region earlier this week after Pyongyang revealed an apparent uranium enrichment plant, conferred with senior Chinese officials on the artillery attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It looks to me like this is exactly what the US needed for a full invasion, how long has Obama been talking about this now? While the the tensions between N & S Korea have never been desirable, their hissey fits/exchange of gun fire, etc. has never been spoon fed to us through the MSM as this has.

Fellow ATS'ers: This may be the real deal.

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I just want to know one thing....

Does he have to return the Nobel Peace Prize?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

GREAT.

It was only a matter of time until the U.S. stuck their nose into it and started making announcements. "OH DON'T WORRY WORLD, WE'LL COME TO THE RESCUE, DUN DUNDUN DUNNNN!"

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

good post.

its very possible that TPTB will use this as a reason to take action against NKorea, but, i'm willing to bet this has more to do with China, remember, we kinda have a score to settle with them over a missile fired from a sub??

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was thinking that NK may be blackmailing China with their actions in order to procure aid from China.

"What China has to do is step up to the plate, abide by international agreements, international commitments," Klinger said. "And instead, what it's been doing is increasing its economic engagement with North Korea in an unconditional manner, which really undermines the effectiveness of the U.N. sanctions as well as the conditionality that's inherently part of the six-party negotiations."

link   
So we invade Korea, China gets mad that we got involved with their best friend, China attack US, start of WWIII?

link   
Obama will do nothing agressive for the sole reason that if he did then he is garunteed to lose his bid for reelection.

He will use strong words like beligurent and be done with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Great. As if the military isn't already spread as thin as a dime, the dingbats in DC figure they'll move on yet another front? One has to wonder where they'll come up with the money and manpower to enter yet another confrontation that has NOTHING to do with the security of the US.

They've done such a remarkable job in Iraq and Afghanistan this new front should be quite a treat to show the sheer lunacy of our purported "leaders".

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Good point about the media bandwagon getting on board this latest event.As in most of the previous wars,there has been a media buildup before any action has been taken,Bosnia,Gulf war 1 and 2 for example.Nothing can happen until the media has time to come up with a good scary, yet exciting headline and the masses are conditioned for an attack.Let the marketing begin ."For sale" , The new Korean war ,used once ,been in storage for 50 years ,some scratches but still in good usable condition .10 billion $ or swap for a larger conflict with cash adjustment.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

That's exactly how it is going to play out. America is broke and N Korea knows that . China has bought up all our bad debt and we will never be able to pay it back, so war is the only option we have left....This is the beginning of WW3

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Nice vid Pockets ,it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling ,where do i enlist ? F@#k Yeah

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thank God there is an adult in the White House. North Korea wants an overreaction because it's either that or let their people starve. Kim Jong Il must be about ready to die, and his son and who knows who else is tripping on succession and playing NorKor mind games about themselves.

NorKor has nothing in the their country to shell, but lots of shells some with atomic tips. They can destroy a very valuable economy as well as lots of people and maybe just crazy enough to do it if pushed, and who knows what pushes them.

The President is right. Let's take it nice and easy before there are shells falling on Seoul and no dropping some on all of NorKor isn't an acceptable trade. Their people have no food, they have nothing they might consider it a relief.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
can you guys just keep it in the orginal thread all of this makes it confusing if something new happenes which it hasnt

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here's my question- Why does the US need to promise a "Unified, measured" response?

This is none of our business. If SK should seek redress via the UN, then fine, whatever (we don't need to go into the joke that the UN is, ok?). Oh, wait, we have corporate interests over there. my bad. Carry on.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well look at the bright side if Reagan or Bush 1 were in power we would probably be at war around about now,
second line,

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Lets all hope this isn't the begining of somthing real bad!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
Here's my question- Why does the US need to promise a "Unified, measured" response?

This is none of our business. If SK should seek redress via the UN, then fine, whatever (we don't need to go into the joke that the UN is, ok?). Oh, wait, we have corporate interests over there. my bad. Carry on.

The US has a military alliance with the RoK. For once we are required to respond.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

Hopefully we'll avoid getting covered in...

edit on 23-11-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join