It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Chief Warns Against Boycott Of Airport Scans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

TSA Chief Warns Against Boycott Of Airport Scans

news.yahoo.com

The nation's airport security chief pleaded with Thanksgiving travelers for understanding and urged them not to boycott full-body scans on Wednesday, lest their protest snarl what is already one of the busiest, most stressful flying days of the year.

Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole said Monday that such delaying actions would only "tie up people who want to go home and see their loved ones."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished
[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!
TSA gropes young boy's testicles while he is strip searched in front of everyone

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well this sounds like a threat actually.

Consider that the unprecedented outrageous searches are done to intimidate travelers...inconvenience people to the extreme.

Wear us down, and attempt to force us to accept the unacceptable.

For any of you that have the guts and the time to buck the scanner, you have our respect!

A loosely organized Internet campaign is urging people to refuse the scans on Wednesday in what is being called National Opt-Out Day. The extra time needed to pat down people could cause a cascade of delays at dozens of major airports, including those in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Atlanta.

"Just one or two recalcitrant passengers at an airport is all it takes to cause huge delays," said Paul Ruden, a spokesman for the American Society of Travel Agents, which has warned its more than 8,000 members about delays. "It doesn't take much to mess things up anyway."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I hope there will be enough brave people to stand up for their rights and refuse the scanners. I think that "I was busy protesting something i disagree with" is a very reasonable excuse to be late for Thanksgiving dinner.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If we all make it difficult for the system to work it should break. There are many ways to achieve this other then boycott. A blatant disregard for the checkpoint system by utilizing non offensible means and such to stagnate the system further, maybe then they will get the point.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
well, now we get to see what we're made of.

are we going to be the same lazy, its not my problem americans??

or, will we "MAN UP" and do what needs to be done?? it won't be easy, but, anything worth preserving never is.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Good replies!

I hope the people make a noise, and a rather loud one.

It would be a good rally for courage, would it not!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The easiest thing to do would be to just not fly. Thanks to my acrophobia and strong belief that something that big should not fly, I have never been on a plane. I drove and took Amtrak to several parts of the country. It might take longer, but I feel safer and being on a train is just an amazing experience.

Amtrak offers no pat downs, no scanners, and is always on time.

I should really be getting paid for this kind of promotion.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Yes, you should!

The other option is to hire a private pilot, and fly. Not as cheap as driving, but it is still quicker, and
you can keep your privacy...and maintain your dignity.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am watching this here from Germany and I must say, I applaude already now to all those in USA, who did something or talked about the humiliation.

Here they are telling us, that there is a new threat. Controls at airports, stations and borders were intensified, the Reichstagsgebäude (government building) was fenced in and now they try to get through again with something which has the monstrous name "Vorratsdatenspeicherung", meaning they want to save all the communications via internet and mobile phone, a thing which just had been denied by a higher court. The police asks for help of the military in the country, just because the minister of the interior said, there is some threat he can't talk about - a no go normally. But what is normal in these days, when they label it terrorist threat?

I love to see Americans step forward, like that little lady, that went through the control in see through underwear, the handicapped, who were asked to take off their medicinal help and prothesis, who talked about it, and that pilot, who rather risked to lose his job, than let them humiliate him every day, he goes to work. Or that guy, who returned from Paris and did not let him pat down, asking for his rights as an American citizen, until they brought him to the door, acompanied by 13 TSA people and two cops, but untouched. Too many, to mention them all.

It is bad news, since everything that is used in the US will sooner or later be used here, too, but it is good news to read, that you people don't accept everything they tell you is necessary.

Thumbs up for all the US citizens, who stand up with deeds or words.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Siddharta because: Haha! Had to change ATS people to TSA people...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
WE must NOT accept the unacceptable. See how they appeal to us at a emotional level (travelers going to see families will be delayed, big fking whoop. I'd rather see civil rights protected and inconvenience a few families for ONE holiday)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"The other option is to hire a private pilot, and fly. Not as cheap as driving, but it is still quicker, and
you can keep your privacy...and maintain your dignity."

Excellent points, the most important being maintaining your dignity. No matter what status you have in society, once you voluntarily elect to relinquish your dignity, you become a piece of garbage and WILL BE TREATED like a piece of garbage. Especially by corrupt and disreputable individuals in so called positions of authority.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Great point my old boss had a single prop plane and we used to fly from job to job all the time, the rental car companies would leave them at the small airports we used, it was awesome (Unless he had a heart attack at 20,000 ft.). And yes it did cross my mind but he taught me how to fly in 2 lessons, we were one of the last people to fly over NYC before 911 (I took great pictures). As for private Jets 10 years ago, when I had money, it was around 1000 an hour for this service. There are ways to cut those cost but even still it's very expensive for just normal american families.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

Yes, thats exactly what the "Chief" is attempting. Appeal to the emotions, the fuzzy warmth of Thanksgiving must not be interuputed by long lines, and travel delays.

Well soon we could throw out Thanksgiving. If we are restricted from travel eventually due to this Nazi incroachment...
we will be missing our loved ones in the worst way.

We must do something now while we can....

Next, it will be trains, and automobile check points!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Im traveling Thursday and have every intention of "opting out." I have had said intentions for months. I will not allow my government to strip my rights and dignities away without some sort of fight. Apparently, my vote didnt count, my taxes arent enough to make a difference, but my voice might be loud enough to give another citizen some courage to do what is right.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"The other option is to hire a private pilot, and fly. Not as cheap as driving, but it is still quicker, and
you can keep your privacy...and maintain your dignity."

Excellent points, the most important being maintaining your dignity. No matter what status you have in society, once you voluntarily elect to relinquish your dignity, you become a piece of garbage and WILL BE TREATED like a piece of garbage. Especially by corrupt and disreputable individuals in so called positions of authority.

It seems to me, the main issue of the TSA, is purely to steal away rights, freedom, and dignity.
People from other countries, coming into the US, have not gone through these invasive searches.
Therefore, how is it about safety and security?
It's all about control.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The TSA Cheif is obviously a corporate stooge and a fascist. So he really ought to have a warning stamped all over him.

Rest assured this is a vital stand that liberty loving individuals must now consider undertaking.

This is not about security, this is about expanding the market for security devices and the police state that employs them.

When they have one of these in every airport do you seriously really think that the company that manufactures these is going to start laying off people and go out of business.

No, they are going to do what any good business does and attempt to expand their markets. Soon they will have them in every government building, then every shopping mall, every grocery store, every sports arena, all charged to us the tax payer.

Yet the cost in dollars and cents is nothing compared to the cost of our dignity and liberties.

Proto warns all that the TSA Cheif is a fascist and corporate schill.

edit on 23/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't know much about this coming from OZ but I have no doubts it will probably someday make it here. One observation I have made is the people who are basically saying "Suck it up people" "Get used to it" etc etc are the ones who are probably exempt from these pat downs/scans. Maybe they would care a bit more if it was them or their family! Just an observation..

edit on 23-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here is what will happen to break the will and resolve of the people to resist this personal privacy intrusion....

A mideastern shill will be apprehended with an "explosive device" at a patdown or scanning device.
The TSA will say "see...we only have your best interest in mind and look at the lives we saved"
This scenario is already in the planning stages.

Look for this to play out during the heavily traveled holiday season.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don't you just love this propaganda hit piece by the spineless cowards at the Government/Corporate mouthpiece known as the Associated Press.

"Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole said Monday that such delaying actions would only "tie up people who want to go home and see their loved ones."

Like another member said, oh boo hoo, cry me a river buddy. This character, whose agency openly approves and practices sexual molestation, invasion of privacy and eradication of constitutional rights is worried about people getting home to be with their loved ones. That's just too much.

"He noted the alleged attempt by a Nigerian with explosives in his underwear to bring down a plane over Detroit last Christmas."

So he mentions one incident which obviously was staged to usher in these draconian procedures as proof? Question: in the history of aircraft travel, has there ever been an incident where a suicide bomber smuggled explosives onto an airplane for the purpose of blowing it up and taking it down? Or, have all airplane bombings been the result of bombs hidden in baggage by God knows who. Actually, the picture is becoming clearer and clearer as to who is responsible for this fake terrorism designed to frame some boogey men hiding under everyone's bed. Even on 9/11, arguably there is no credible evidence of commercial airliners being used in any of the attacks.

"Despite tough talk on the Internet, there was little if any indication of a passenger revolt Monday at many major U.S. airports, with very few people declining the X-ray scan that can peer through their clothes."

Tough talk on the internet? Is the controlled and lazy AP reading ATS instead of getting off their rear ends and doing some real investigative journalism? I'm sure the brass at ATS appreciates the hits.

"Many travelers said that the scans and the pat-down were not much of an inconvenience, and that the stepped-up measures made them feel safer and were, in any case, unavoidable. "Whatever keeps the country safe, I just don't have a problem with," Leah Martin, 50, of Houston, said

Hey Leah, is the TSA or the Government going to guarantee your safety 100% with these degrading and invasive searches by putting it in writing? Keep drinking the Kool Aid buddy - that is until they decide to spike it with cyanide.

"A loosely organized Internet campaign is urging people to refuse the scans on Wednesday in what is being called National Opt-Out Day."

Typical tactic to discredit a potential movement by downplaying it. Talk about being transparent.

"More than 400 imaging units are being used at about 70 airports. Since the new procedures began Nov. 1, 34 million travelers have gone through checkpoints and less than 3 percent are patted down, according to the TSA."

You hear that people? 97% of travelers don't seem to mind going through these expensive machines which are a sexual predators wet dream. So go get your dose of radiation and shut the hell up already because there is obviously something wrong with you if you don't.

"At the White House, press secretary Robert Gibbs said the government is "desperately" trying to balance security and privacy and will take the public's concerns and complaints into account as it evaluates the new, more stringent boarding checks."

Please explain again exactly why is this security necessary, since there has never been a situation where a suicide flyer has blown himself up taking the airplane down with him? Oh yeah, because we've been fed a crap load of propaganda from a bunch of real criminals.

"Since word of the pat-downs hit the headlines, officers have been punched, pushed or shoved six times after they explained what would be happening, McCoy said."

A show of hands; how many people think that these uneducated $10.00 an hour power hungry rent-a-security-guard types deserved such treatment?

"During an appearance on CBS, the TSA's Pistole expressed "great concern over anybody who feels like they have not been treated properly or had something embarrassing" happen."

Again, the guy who has a hand in taking away your Constitutional rights and degrading you is concerned about your complaints. Does this make much sense or does this guy reek of hypocrisy?

"Frank Bell, 71, of Norfolk, Conn., said he took off his shoes and passed through a scanner at New York's Kennedy Airport — and wasn't even sure whether it was one of the full-body machines. "It was absolutely nothing," he said."

I think our buddy Frank needs to be educated on the ill effects of non-lethal doses of radiation. Sure, it feels like absolutely nothing when you're being exposed to it, but several years down the line when you get a terminal form of cancer and lose your home because you cannot pay your medical bills, let's see if you feel the same.

AP should change its name to Associated Pimps.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Transportation Security Administration chief John Pistole said Monday that such delaying actions would only "tie up people who want to go home and see their loved ones."

And I will simply toss this response into the mix... If TSA Chief Pistole truly believes the statement he made in the above quote (that boycotting would only tie up people who want to go home and see their loved ones) then he has tipped his cards, raising further suspicion of ulterior motives to these TSA activities at our airports to begin with. I say this because there is a glaring lack of comment concerning terrorists slipping thru the system due to massive scan refusal, such that the only problem with this proposed boycott (by his own admission) is the slowing down of the whole process-- which by its very nature already slows things down! Things that make you go hmmm...

Tell me again, my friends. Why are they using these invasive radiation machines in the first place? If boycotting them on a massive scale ONLY makes you late for dinner, then... ?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join