It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything better than Thunderbird?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just can't seem to stop having trouble with Thunderbird. I don't know if it has anything to do with AOL, but I'm getting error messages all the time now. Like it can't log into the server, or something can't be completed. I get my e-mails though. But, it's constant problems.

What do you guys use that works good as an e-mail program? If you use it successfully with AOL, that would be good to know.

Troy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

You should take a look at Zimbra Desktop Client
www.zimbra.com...
It supports any kind of email, including being the only client that will allow you to view yahoo emails (free accounts) in a client instead of the web. Yes AOL works.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks, yeah, it seems to work pretty good. But, my sent e-mails aren't going to the sent folder, but the settings seem to be right.

Seems promising.

troy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Try Postbox Express.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So frustrating.

Does Postbox have a calendar? Thanks for the info.

I fail to understand why sent messages aren't showing up in "sent" on Zimbra. Now I can't even send anything.

What I need is:

1) Works reliably
2) Has a calendar
3) Has contacts

If anyone has set up AOL to work reliably with e-mail software, I would like the details, settings and stuff like that.

Troy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm feeling like just using the online AOL interface, and just forwarding anything I want saved to another e-mail provider other than AOL. Thunderbird is constantly giving me errors. I don't have anything in my sent folder in Zimbra, which makes it very annoying. I do use the sent folder. I know it works on Thunderbird, but Thunderbird is a pain in rear. It should not be this hard. Too many people have my AOL address to justify a switch.

Again, if anyone is using any e-mail program successfully with AOL, I would like to know the details.

But, let me see what postbox does.

Well, postbox works alright, except it's very slow at sending for some reason.

edit on 24-11-2010 by cybertroy because: added something

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok folks, I think I found the problem. I logged into AOL.com and cleaned out the "old" folder, and the draft folder. I haven't seen any messages in Thunderbird so far. I had a similar problem before, but I had forgotten about it.

Troy

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Hello C-Y-B-E-R-T-R-O-Y-I-I-E !!

I'm not a Guy (thanks for your "subtreshold" sexism) but I use
Evolution, you can get a Windows Version on Tor Lillqvists Website.

edit on 24-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

double posting..

edit on 24-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If I haven't made it clear yet, I appreciate everyones input. I tried both programs. Postbox was easy to set up, because of the transfer of setting from Thunderbird. Being sexist isn't my goal. I'm not that guy who thinks his wife should be home doing all the house chores, cooking, and stuff.

I'll give Evolution a shot, to see what it is capable of. Haven't tried it since I used Linux some time ago.

Troy
edit on 24-11-2010 by cybertroy because: made changes

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Cannot send your emails? Call up Thunderbird, go to Edit/Account Settings. Click on "Outgoing Server. (SMPT)" Click on Edit. Click on Authentication Method: and make it say: "No authentication." That will fix ya.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have problems on and off with Thunderbird, still. It won't work with "no authentication." Sometimes it has a problem copying to the sent folder. Other times, it has problems logging into the server. Sometimes it works just fine. Very annoying. Other software connected to internet works fine.

I don't know if I'm missing a setting of some sort, or AOL just has unreliable service?

Troy

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I just switched back from the latest Thunderbird to my old Eudora 7.1 ( original from Qualcomm not Eudora OSE which is really Thunderbird with a Eudora looking front end) Thunderbird has some annoying features they refuse to fix like the remote content popup.

top topics

join