It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Shape-Shifting Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

Do you think shape-shifting is possible? Yes, by 'shape-shifting' I mean a total change of your physical characteristics or even mental faculties. Or, perhaps, you think it's just nonsense and there's no way science will ever accept it?

Let the discussion (hopefully) begin!
edit on 23-11-2010 by concordant because: grammar

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think it is possible, but not like that.
What you do is move your consciousness to another being that is asleep at the wheel.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am not David Icke. But I believe that shapeshifting is NOT possible, and any shapeshifting you see is likely a reptilian in disguise, with their disguise fading temporarily.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cultures all over the world all have tales and lore on shape-shifters, skin walkers, etc. I'm not sure how feasible the lore is, but maybe there used to be/could be a type of creature that can transform its outer shell (its skin) into something else. I'm not sure about the changing personality though. I know plenty of people who have strange and seemingly different personalities at times LOL...I mean, are we talking like the television show Supernatural style shape-shifter here? I mean, it is just a show, but all of their content generally came from actual lore. I could see something like that being semi-realistic. It's hard to imagine anything like that existing. I'm very skeptical about supernatural things, but I'm also very interested at the same time. I can't wait for the day that I see honest-to-God evidence of something paranormal or a mythological creature. That would be amazing, but until that day, I'm going to keep questioning whatever evidence people say is factual, know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If we look at ourselves. What we really are. What we are made of. Then I think that it is theoretically possible. Beause we are made of atoms if our brain control hundreds of processes in our bodies then it's possible to change everything. Starting from heart rate to anything at all - growing fangs, horns, body parts. If we could with our consciousness change processes in our body... we could grow hair on all our body, change form (shape shift). It comes down to change one's body - one need to have a complete control of his brain, DNA code and body. If one can use 100% brain capacity to change genes and stimulate various processes in body - then - my answer is - yes it is possible.

The question remains though. How one can fully be the master of his body (full brain capacity, DNA alteration) ???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
my first thought is shape shifting no #in way.
but than i remember my body isnt even solid really. i just perceive it to be this way.
maybe those with the most intense mental training would find it possible to shape shift.
but im thinkin the will power needed to gain control of the individual molecules in our body and make them reorganize to a new shape is beyond that of a "normal" human.
the best we can do is harness the ability to change our own thoughts and behaviors.

if that makes any sense

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If we were to get bombarded with a constant wave or tone of frequencies that are in tune and resonate with certain parts of our bodies, I can almost guarantee you we will shape shift to a certain degree.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If we were to get bombarded with a constant wave or tone of frequencies that are in tune and resonate with certain parts of our bodies, I can almost guarantee you we will shape shift to a certain degree.

this is true.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeedsNoName
I am not David Icke. But I believe that shapeshifting is NOT possible, and any shapeshifting you see is likely a reptilian in disguise, with their disguise fading temporarily.

Are you being serious?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That's a question for Carlos Castaneda. I wouldn't rule out unholy displays of chemistry somewhere in nature...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I going to have to no if you are talking about humans.

This is the closest I've ever seen to a large animal changing shape in nature but it's just simple mimicry / camouflage

Unless you count butterfly's I guess which do in fact completely change shape / purpose but it takes them a while and it's a one time deal

Blood cells also change shape / structure in a way that could fit in with what you describe

Blood cells must rearrange components of their internal scaffolding (so-called cytoskeleton), allowing the cells to become almost liquid-like, in order to squeeze through the narrowest capillaries found in the body

Link

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I going to have to no if you are talking about humans.

This is the closest I've ever seen to a large animal changing shape in nature but it's just simple mimicry / camouflage

Unless you count butterfly's I guess which do in fact completely change shape / purpose but it takes them a while and it's a one time deal

Blood cells also change shape / structure in a way that could fit in with what you describe

Blood cells must rearrange components of their internal scaffolding (so-called cytoskeleton), allowing the cells to become almost liquid-like, in order to squeeze through the narrowest capillaries found in the body

Link

Man, I don't care what anybody says, that is the coolest freakin owl EVER! I have *got* to get me one of those! haha

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
that owl is freaking scary@!@!!

shapeshifting idnt think so
maybe body hoping

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Thanks for all your answers. If you've any more thoughts, you're welcome to u2u me. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
According to Dr. Karla Turner, who has worked with over 400 abduction cases and has written the book Into the Fringe, says if abduction accounts can be believed and there is confirmation of many of these facts with other researchers - the abduction phenomena includes some of the following details: from -UFO Universe, Spring 1993. "Aliens -- Friends or Foes "by Dr. Karla Turner:
● Aliens can alter our perceptions of our surroundings.
● Aliens can control what we think we see. They can appear to us any number of guises and shapes.
● Aliens can be present with us in an invisible state and can make themselves only partially visible. ● Abductees receive marks on their bodies other than the well-known scoops and straight-line scars. These other marks include single punctures, multiple punctures, large bruises, 3-and 4-fingered claw marks, and trangles of every possible sort.

Jaque Vallee has written books such as "Masters of Deceptions" which says:

"While there seems to be evidence for UFO-related activities as mentioned above, perhaps there are other possible explanations. Many UFO paranormal, psychic, and spiritistic manifestations, etc. [5] [6]. Many abductees, contactees, and researchers believe there is an inter-dimensional or multidimensional quality to the UFO phenomena and experiences with ETs. Although the UFO phenomena may be real, it also could be a holographic illusion or a transmorification of matter and energy. Perhaps ETs are entities that have power to shape matter and spirit. Some alien lifeforms seem to have an ability to shape shift and appear and disappear [5] [6]. Dr. J. Allen Hyneck suggested the phenomena appears to be more psychic than extraterrestrial and perhaps comes from a parallel world.

So for me it´s clear that we´re not dealing with MATERIAL BEINGS. Demons takes several shapes to deceive people. If you think about it, all Serious cases of UFOS are the ones related to LIGHTS. And WHO´S the one according to the Bible who wants us to think he´s a BEING OF LIGHT?

2 CORINTHIANS 11:14:

New International Version (©1984)
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

New Living Translation (©2007)
But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

It´s also worthwhile to visit the links below:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
Source(s):
Bible

new topics

top topics

join