It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced servitude in America!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Now this reeks of Israeli influence! Only in Israel are 18 year olds forced into either military service or civilian servitude for a period of two years... Now, coming to America!

prisonplanet.tv...

It appears that the passage of such a Bill would be in direct violation of the Constitution, however, that has never really stopped the government from imposing it's will before. Why would it matter now? Remember the old mantra , "No taxation without representation"? When was the last time that you rtaxes were increased without proper representation of the constituents? Hmmmm, almost everyday somewhere in the country. The state of Ohio just raised the tax on gasoline by 2 cents a gallon... funny, I don't remember voting for that.

It's high time that we, as American citizens, take our country back from this silent dictatorship masquerading as democracy. It is time for us, as American citizens, to impose OUR will upon the government so that we may return this great country into a government for the people and by the people.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Now this reeks of Israeli influence! Only in Israel are 18 year olds forced into either military service or civilian servitude for a period of two years... Now, coming to America!

Do some homework before making a statement that is plain untrue. I'm not trying to "flame" you, but there are sources you can use to check info.

The following is from a report:
www.c3.hu...

Conscription in the world
Source: Report of the Secretary-General prepared pursuant to Commission resolution 1995/83
� Copyright 1997
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
Geneva, Switzerland

1. Countries or territories in which there is no conscription

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Botswana
Brunei Darussalam
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cameroon
Canada
Costa Rica
Djibouti
Fiji
Gabon
Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
Haiti
Hong Kong
Iceland
India
Ireland
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kenya
Kyrgyzstan
Lesotho
Luxembourg
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Malta
Mauritania
Mauritius
Monaco
Myanmar
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Qatar
Rwanda
San Marino
Saudi Arabia
Sierra Leone
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Suriname
Swaziland
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom of Great
Britain and Northern Ireland
United States of America
Uruguay
Vanuatu
Zambia
Zimbabwe

2. Countries in which selective conscription exists but military service is voluntary in principle

Argentina
Benin
Bhutan
Central African Republic
Chad
China
Honduras
Indonesia
C�te d'Ivoire
Mali
Niger
Senegal
Togo

3. Countries in which conscription exists but is not enforced

El Salvador
Namibia

4. Countries in which provision is made for civilian and/or unarmed military service

Angola
Austria
Belarus
Brazil
Bulgaria
Cape Verde
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Federal Republic of
Germany
Finland
France
Hungary
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine

5. Countries in which provision is made for non-combatant service in the armed forces

(a) On a legal basis

Croatia
Yugoslavia

(b) On an ad hoc basis

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Russian Federation
Switzerland

6. Countries in which there is conscription without alternative service

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Bolivia
Cambodia
Chile
China
Colombia
Cuba
Democratic People's
Republic of Korea
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Ethiopia
Greece
Guatemala
Guinea-Bissau
Honduras
Georgia
Guinea
Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Iraq
Israel
Kazakstan
Lao People's Democratic
Republic
Lebanon
Liberia
Libyan Arab Jamahirya
Madagascar
Mexico
Mongolia
Morocco
Mozambique
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Republic of Korea
Romania (a draft law on
alternative service has been
submitted)
Singapore
Somalia
Sudan
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Venezuela
Viet Nam
Yemen

Have a great day!!

TC

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My bad... I was wrong about the Israeli's ability to opt for civilian servitude over military service. I see that it is forced conscription into the military. As far as the other countries... I wasn't refering to third-world nations. Believe me, I am fully aware that there is forced conscription in other countries. My question though, is how does that change anything in America? We are not:
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Bolivia
Cambodia
Chile
China
Colombia
Cuba
Democratic People's
Republic of Korea
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Ethiopia
Greece
Guatemala
Guinea-Bissau
Honduras
Georgia
Guinea
Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Iraq
Israel
Kazakstan
Lao People's Democratic
Republic
Lebanon
Liberia
Libyan Arab Jamahirya
Madagascar
Mexico
Mongolia
Morocco
Mozambique
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Republic of Korea
Romania (a draft law on
alternative service has been
submitted)
Singapore
Somalia
Sudan
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Venezuela
Viet Nam
Yemen

We are a fully developed, industrialized DEMOCRACY. That being said, thank you for the correction.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'll put it to you this way...

If you were one who volunteered for civilian/military service, would you want to work aside someone who didn't ask to be there? You would probably end up taking up his/her slack because that person probably doesn't have the same work ethic that you do. This is a serious issue that is one of the core problems with conscription. The quality of personnel would suffer, as well as those consriptionees. It's not logical to implement, especially because there are more than enough volunteers out there -- right now anyway.

Take Care!

TC

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Remember the old mantra , "No taxation without representation"? When was the last time that you rtaxes were increased without proper representation of the constituents? Hmmmm, almost everyday somewhere in the country. The state of Ohio just raised the tax on gasoline by 2 cents a gallon... funny, I don't remember voting for that.

Ohio's law making body mirrors that of the United States. You elect senators and house representatives to vote for you. It is your responsibility to voice your opinion to your elected offical. If enough people in your district voice disapproval you can be guaranteed he will not vote in favor of a tax increase, as his job depends on it.

A quick refresher course so you can 'deny ignorance'.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If there were enough volunteers why the implentation of stop loss orders and the implementation of Individual Ready reserve? Clearly we are stretched thin... too thin. Even though discussions haven't reached a fever pitch, the implementation of an outright draft has been discussed in some circles.

Whereas I agree with the notion of not wanting to serve with someone who was forced into service, it wouldn't be the first time that our armed forces have had to do it. This, in my opinion, is a very serious issue for two reasons. Number 1, it is expressly stated in the Constitution that you cannot implement forced servitude. Secondly, you erode the very principles of a Capitalistic society in which people are free to choose and pusue their own destiny.

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What's so bad in mandatory military service? (armed/unarmed and civilian)
If your country is so good why doing something for it or to defend it is so repulsive?
First serving others and society would be good especially for those who are going to lead others/country!

Speaking of that, shouldn't your government and president serve you and your country instead of ruling you and serving money/big corporations?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

TextIf your country is so good why doing something for it or to defend it is so repulsive?

No, defending our country and dying for it is an honor, but when politicians make the decision on how and where our arm forces are going to die and lie about the reasons that is repulsive.

I will raise arm myself aginst any country that comes into our shores to ivade, but when our soldiers are sent to another lands and countries to invade, that is repulsive.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
What's so bad in mandatory military service? (armed/unarmed and civilian)
If your country is so good why doing something for it or to defend it is so repulsive?
First serving others and society would be good especially for those who are going to lead others/country!

Speaking of that, shouldn't your government and president serve you and your country instead of ruling you and serving money/big corporations?

Riiiiiigggghhhht! That's what I'm saying here... the government and president should be serving the country, not mandating that people serve the country, the military or the government. Remember, this is unconstitutional. Rest assured, every working American serves his/her country via taxes and GDP contributions. We, the people, should make the decisions on HOW we serve our country, not the politicians.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Covered here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add your thoughts to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join