It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: N Korea Accuses U.S Of Planning Surprise Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
North Korea accuses the U.S.A of planning a surprise attack.Is this just paranoia from the rogue isolationist asian state or a well founded accusation?

North Korea is accusing the United States of spying and Pyongyang says Washington is preparing a surprise attack.

The official Korean Central News Agency is quoting military sources saying US spy planes flew more than 150 missions over the communist country last month alone.

www.abc.net.au...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sanc'.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Sorry, not a long link...

North Korea is accusing the United States of spying and Pyongyang says Washington is preparing a surprise attack.
www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

Well, those are Interesting Accusations aren't they. After all, it would also mean North Korea is Guilty of Spying on us which is how they found out about our Surprise Attack, wouldn't it?

If they say it had nothing to do with Spying on their part and the reason they know of it was that we failed in our attempts to make it a surprise and obviously there has been no attack either, who's to say we were planning anything?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Seems , when you say you have Nukes and can use them, We would do 150 Spy Missions to see what is up.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't think there would be a surprise attack, at least not yet. American Forces are too busy in the Middle East, especially with dwindling service-people.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Shadow UAV had a combat radius of 77nm and carries onboard video and infrared cameras. These camera images are transmitted in realtime.
It has a maximum surface ceiling of 15,000 feet and its top end airspeed is less than 130 mph.
If the North Koreans consider this drone a threat they, are absultley correct. They have the choice to shoot it down or let it violate there airspace. Each Shadow cost about $300,000 dollars and if it gathers sensitive information prior to being destroyed it is well worth the loss. Is this an act of aggression on our part? I think not. It is a way of letting the North Koreans are back side is not blind to your war mongering posture.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Any "suprise attack" would have to be nuclear. A conventional attack would not be quick enough to save Seoul from being wiped from the face of the map.

The US is hardly going to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on China's doorstep with the way that World Politics stand today.

This story has to be taken into context with other developments that have occured over there recently.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The regime in North Korea does not like losing face and it lives for the propaganda war. It's made many noises like this in the past and it hopes to use them as bargaining chips on the table. It should be noticed that this news story is probably for home consumption just as much as it is for anyone else.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
America does not need troops to destroy North Korea and its government and bring change.

People think because the US has a large amount of it's troops commited to Iraq that American military is stressed. Well your confused if you think so.

America does not need to invade or have one american foot enter N. Korea to remove the threat N. Korea poses. In fact it can be done easily with standoff weapons and bombers. Defensive measures for first few days on border with S. Korea is all that is needed.

Having said all that
. I hope its not true and we can find a peacefull means to remove the threats there.

It is scary, if N. Korea really does fear this, beacuse they may decide to attack S. Korea premptively, if that insane Kim is Ill truely thinks the US is comming soon.

Invasion and take over of N. Korea is not a U.S goal by any means. Removal of the threat there, is another story. Who knows what is up these days.

Imagine 10000 tomahawk TYPE cruise missles heading for 10000 thousand seperate targets all at once with near 100% hit rate? Its doable and repeatable. Think about it..

X

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
xeven wrote

Imagine 10000 tomahawk TYPE cruise missles heading for 10000 thousand seperate targets all at once with near 100% hit rate? Its doable and repeatable. Think about it..

You'll have to wait a while, apparently the US Navy possesses only about 4,000 Tomahawk at present.

zero lift

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I dont quite understand why NK would bring this up now,

except for the fact that they have been essentially waving around their nuclear flag and shouting about it for month's, ..

and now they say,
LOOK,... the US wants to surprise attack us!!

Well no kidding,
but they may be the only people in the world surprised by such a thing,
continuing on their historical and current path and ignoring the facts.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There's another thread of similar topic - interesting read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Something elso to consider about China too,...

They have been politically distancing themselves from NK,
as well as fairly recent military buildup on the Chinese / North Korea border.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Given the fact that half of our fleet has mysteriously deployed out to see for who knows what reason, the fact that stealth bombers have been sent to South Korea, and the other odd increase in military air and sea traffic, well....add to that the rumblings of the draft and the recall of off duty personnel.....and I can see why North Korea might come to this conclusion.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've just posted this thread concerning the sudden US Troops/Families/DoD Contractors smallpox and anthrax vaccinations taking place in the US Pacific Region. The Paul Wolfowitz memo regarding these vaccinations make interesting reading. The emphasis of the memo is definitely on Korea.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

zero lift

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Paranoia reigns supreme in North Korea. I would think it would make sense to spy or watch a country that keeps threatening with it's nukes. Let's see... what resources does North Korea have that another country would want to invade and take over... I give up. The only reason I can see for an attack is someone who keeps threatening might be taken as a serious threat. In my opinion NK should just dump it's nuclear program and stop making threats but common sense doesn't always seem to prevail.

I don't know what NK has against the Chinese way of life. I mean Chinese communists rule a prosperous country that has reformed its economy to take advantage of letting people work for profit instead of the government. Since people pay taxes when they make profit, the end result is more for the government using capitalism. I guess NK just wants a handout instead of prosperity.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have tried to pull this information together and make some sence of it all..

stuffucanuse.com...

Have a read, I will try and update it.

top topics

join