It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil covers catch hauled in by shrimpers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is a long way from over and I believe we're still only seeing the beginning.

www.fox10tv.com...

PASCAGOULA, Mississippi (WALA) - A shrimp boat that hauled in a load of tar balls could end the royal red shrimp season this fall. The Bon Secour shrimp boat, Our Mother was pulling its trawls in newly opened waters when it happened.

Samples of the tar have been taken by BP, the Coast Guard and NOAA to determine the source of the tar. Meanwhile, the Nelsons and their crew will have to wait for the boat to be cleaned and the rigging to be replaced while the royal red season passes them by. NOAA does plan to use Our Mother as one of the boats they commission to search for more tar on the bottom.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
S&F we knew it wasn't over, it was just easier to pass on to something else rather than make BP and the Obama administration do the right thing. Wanna bet this too gets buried and ignored?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
S&F
They can ignore it but they will never be able to hide it. It is sad but this stuff will be around for a long time to come.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Forgoten_Whisper

Oh....... I wonder if Obama is going to eat the sea food now?I live on the coast of S.C and we get fantastic fresh shrimp and fish,do you think it could contaminate the seafood this far north of the spill?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

In the MSM it will be ignored. Only the locals news will cover it at any length and that's just because they're right there and can't tell everyone that "everything's ok".

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

what's up with your ip reading?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Depends on which currents it hits and what/where they go.

I'm sure there is someone on here who will be able to give you a better answer, the ocean's are very complex and I don't know near enough about them.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This has been happening non-stop! There aren't just a couple of cases like the press is reporting, it is the majority of the Shrimp hauls!

I have a friend whose family exports Gulf Seafood and they haven't found any buyers for Gulf Shrimp! My mother is visiting me in Florida. She lives in Missouri, she said "Gulf Shrimp" is being marketed and sold everywhere!

Apparently they can't sell this stuff outside the US, so they are marketing heavily within the US, where the government and the Press has already declared everything "safe."

This is whole thing is a fiasco beyond all imagineable proportion!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
They can't do anything about it. The massive oil mountain is slowly moving with the Gulf stream and will move toward and affect europe. All they did with the dispersants is to hide the monster.

Not only is the toxic oil killing life under water, but so is the dispersants.

This will turn very ugly over months and years.

It angers me and saddens me that human kind is so stupid, chasing $ and not caring about crapping in its own food bowl.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Oh....... I wonder if Obama is going to eat the sea food now?I live on the coast of S.C and we get fantastic fresh shrimp and fish,do you think it could contaminate the seafood this far north of the spill?

Yes, but it will be awhile. The "filter fish" (oysters, shrimp, plankton, etc.) are eating it and being covered in it now. Mother Nature is working to clean it up. The bigger fish are eating the contaminated filter fish in bulk. The oil and chemicals are concentrating in the fish, and then those fish are migrating around the currents, including up the East Coast.

Yes, the oil and chemicals is probably starting to hit your kitchen tables by now! I won't be eating Gulf Seafood for at least 2 years, and I live on the Gulf, and I love the stuff!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by human32826

This sign makes people realize how vulnerable they are when surfing the web. If you're visiting this site wondering how we know your IP address, you should know that your IP address is automatically shown to every website you visit, including this one. Even if you just view an image from a website, like the Danasoft graphic, your IP is broadcast to that site. If that matters to you, make sure your computer is protected by a firewall, and consider using an anonymous IP browser.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This whole situation is really horrible ,not just for myself even though I will miss it, I'm more concerned with the people who have to fish and shrimp for a living that has been part of their heritage for generations and as well as what it done to our eco-system.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just when the MSM says that it's safe to eat lol. I knew the oil wasn't gone. Sometimes I wonder if they're trying to kill us.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
I live on the coast of S.C and we get fantastic fresh shrimp and fish,do you think it could contaminate the seafood this far north of the spill?

We are all connected. The waters are all connected. This will affect everyone. It will affect livelihoods---shrimpers, tourism, restaurants, water sports, and anyone connected to those industries. It will destroy equipment and investments. And by the way, it was not a "spill".

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Since they can't sell the seafood anywhere else
but the U.S..This could be a way for TPTB to start
getting rid of useless eaters.Another way to help
depopulate the planet.Feed the american people
contaminated food,sicken them with pollutants.Then,
have the gonads to make them pay for everything,the
clean-up,medical bills,loss of revenue for the fishing
industry.....This all makes me want to hurl!
SHEEPLE,THE OIL IS STILL IN THE WATER AND
THE SEAFOOD,THE GULF STREAM...and don't
forget the dispersants,a really great combo.Do you
want that with fries and hushpuppies?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I quit wondering that a while ago. If they're not trying to kill us then there doing a great job of it...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

By no means did I mean to down play this event, the word I should have used was catastrophe.

top topics

join