It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The possible origin of AIDS and HIV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Sooooo, AIDS was probably created by man. No real suprise there. All of our "messing" with nature is bound to have unforseen consequences, like killer viruses. But it's all in the evidence, of which we have almost none. Hooper's theory though is very convincing. I had heard about 4 years ago of the theory that AIDS was probably related to a Polio vacciniation program originating in the Congo during the 1950s and 60s. The biggest question... If this is true, what does it mean about a vaccine???

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

"There is nothing in the results from these tests to support the theory that HIV entered the human population during the late 1950s' polio virus clinical trials in Africa," said Claudio Basilico, chair of the microbiology department at New York University School of Medicine and lead investigator for the trials.

Scientists believe that HIV, the human immunodeficiency virus that causes AIDS in humans, originated from a type of SIV (simian immunodeficiency virus) found in chimpanzees in western Africa. Various theories have been proposed to explain how or when the virus made the jump from chimps to humans.

In the latest tests, samples of four different supplies of the vaccine, including some used in the original African vaccination program, were examined for traces of genetic material. Independent studies were conducted at the Max Planck Institute in Leipzig, Germany; the Pasteur Institute in Paris; and Roche Molecular Systems in Pleasanton, California. None of the labs were able to find any chimp DNA, nor were they able to find any evidence of either HIV or SIV viruses in the vaccines.

"In fact," said Basilico, the laboratories were able to determine that all of the Wistar samples were grown in monkey cell cultures rather than chimpanzee cell cultures."

"Does this definitively rule out the vaccine theory? No, but it makes it more unlikely," he said.

www.chiroweb.com...

Here's an interesint counter-arguement that I found to the Hopper theory and here's another interesting debate on this matter...
www.aegis.com...

My opinion? Humans have been butchering and bitten by monkeys long before the 50's...What if it was dormant for centuries, or mutated into a harmful virus only recently...Maybe certain genetic traits that were previously supressing the disease were not homozygous but have suddenly become dominant instead of recessive?

Oh - not to sound rude, but maybe you can give me a boost on my thread? I'm just looking for any ideas...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Saw the show too, would recommend anyone able, should watch it.

join