It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ugly Betty" Actor Kills Mother With "Freemason" Sword, Chanting to "Great Architect"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The original article the OP posted had Freemason Sword then was replaced with Samurai Sword. It's always nice to see that my haters admire me for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

No ones ganging up on you, you just said some rather ignorant things.

For the record, the WM of my lodge is "Arab" from Kuwait, we love him, and there are several other arabs in the lodge. I find your comments that all Masons are racist (even though arabs are caucasion) personally insulting.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by moltquedelo

yea, I read about the GAOTU, but when I joined this thread, the article headline had changed from masonic sword,(which I never saw) to samurai sword. It would seem strange fro a non mason to say anything about he grand architect, so I would think this guy is a mason of some sort. Nobody here is denying that, we are just waiting for the facts to come out, like everyone else.

Heres the picture of the sword....whatever it is...doesn't look like a samurai sword!!!

LINK to pictures of the crime scene

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Check this photo guys

www.nypost.com...

Is this a compass next to the umbrella?Isn't it part of the freemasons symbol?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

I just looked at the crime scene photos, this guy needs to be drawn and quartered. There is no excuse for doing this to anyone, especially the person that brought you into this world.

Find out why he did it, and put him down like the rabid dog that he is

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think this is looking like there is justification to do an undercover investigation of the murderers Freemason lodge. Seeing as he went crazy, there may be some kind of brainwashing going on there. Also seeing as how several of the articles changed from "Freemason Sword" to "Samurai Sword" and then back again, it looks like some Freemason was trying to cover it up and got caught. Also the police declining to say whether he is a Mason or not is suspicious, they should know by now, and I suspect they do know, and won't say it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

Well I know what a samurai sword looks like, and that sure ain't one...also having a closer look at the sword you can see why he decided to shoot her in the end....he wasn't being very successful with that "butter knife" looking dull sword....Plus the compass on the floor.....this guy is really all over the place with masonic stuff everywhere...One theory(my personal opinion)is that it could've been some kind of ritual, and he decided to use his mom for it......quite a sad story...This guy should be locked up for good...but I see him going to a mental hospital instead of a prison...
edit on 25-11-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Sounds to me like an AWFUL lot of conjecture on your part. Freemasons arent out there murdering people just for the fun of it, or in some sick ritual......

The guy was clearly crazy , has nothing to do with Freemasons other then the fact it was an avenue for him at the moment........

If he was reading a book on Paganism or Wicca at the time im sure he would have come out with that......

It wasnt the reason, it was just the means to an end in his psychosis

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No more so then all the conjecturing done about Christianity that some were doing throughout this thread as I stated in an earlier post.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Absolutely I agree with you on that point for sure. Some people will use anything as an excuse to bash religion in any form tho, so to that i usually just scoff and shake my head lol

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It says the sword is a samurai sword, but that he removed it from a Masonic lodge, and that he was a low level mason himself. They sure let any schmuck join their lodges these days, huh?
What an absolute nut job. Hopefully he gets what's coming to him.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Its a "fantasy" sword, meaning it was never made for killing and its design serves no purpose (waving blade)

Also looks like a small dirk on the floor as well.. poor woman must have been terrified...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Anyone got a good enough photo editor to see what the note says on the picture with the umbrella?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

My grandpa was a Freemason - he quit because he said there were VERY strange Rituals... It's like the knights templar too - there christian but they had satanic rituals Weird..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here are pictures of the actual sword used, in addition to a few shots of the crime scene.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This is just piss poor journalism. All of it is hearsay. We don't even know what was really said, because the journalist did a botch job. And "Great Architect" coming from a guy obviously out of his mind, could mean anything at all. These Men's clubs - Masons and the like - are mostly filled with musty old philosophers, and philanthropists. You'd laugh at yourself If you plucked up the courage to visit one. There are no menacing madmen, wielding savage swords.

I used to think there was something to all the hype about Masons. There probably are people in these groups, whose motives are less than honorable, but isn't that true of any group? Anyway, this is a tragedy, not a conspiracy.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Smack because: spelling

edit on 26-11-2010 by Smack because: fixed sentence

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Michael Brea has confessed to the killing of his mom. www.people.com...

"I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside her," Brea, 31, told New York's Daily News in a prison-ward interview at Bellevue Hospital, where he is being psychiatrically evaluated.

Brea said he heard voices, including that of God, instructing him to attack his mother Yannick, 55. He confronted her late Monday night in the Brooklyn apartment they shared together.

"She had the voice of the demon," Brea said. "I asked, 'Do you believe in God?' She said, 'No, Michael no,' and began screaming. I began slashing her like this," he said, making violent hacking motions with his right hand.

He added: "I didn't want to kill her right away. I wanted to give her time to get right with God," he said.

The police arrived, but Brea says he knew he had time to finish the job. "I knew they wouldn't open the door and stop me because the spirits were protecting me," he said. "I just kept cutting her. No one could stop me. I was doing the work of God."

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

According to the latest news it was a sword he stole from the masonic temple he joined.

Full details of the interview: www.nydailynews.com... "The 31-year-old Brea said he told no one about the dream, but the following afternoon, he said he received another sign while at the Prince Hall Masonic Temple in Harlem, which he'd joined a week earlier.

There, he said, a man approached and tried to put a curse on him.

"[He] kept trying to put something in my hand but wouldn't show it to me. I kept opening my hand. It was a Freemason pin. I wouldn't touch it," Brea said.

Felt like Neo from 'The Matrix'

He began feeling ill and left, and while riding the train back to Brooklyn, he said, strangers began speaking to him about his mother.

"I felt like Neo from 'The Matrix.' I began hearing voices and feeling powerful," Brea said. "They were asking about the difference between mom and mother. It was a sign...

Her son stood amid the carnage with the sword in one hand and a Masonic Bible in the other.

"I heard voices telling me how powerful I was, saying 'Oh he's good,'" Brea said."
read the full article its quite fascinating.

Unbelievably chilling stuff.. kinda makes even me (always brushed off as a "debunker" on these boards) wonder if this was just a guy going crazy on his own or if someone else help mess up his mind. He became a mason a week before and had an odd encounter with someone at a masonic temple after which he began hearing voices telling him to kill his mother. It almost sounds like he was brainwashed or manipulated or drugged (lsd?) but who knows, maybe just the whole mysterious atmosphere of masonry set off a ticking time bomb of crazy in his head? Either way, one of the most bizarre cases I've read about.
edit on 26-11-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

The 31-year-old Brea said he told no one about the dream, but the following afternoon, he said he received another sign while at the Prince Hall Masonic Temple in Harlem, which he'd joined a week earlier.*
It's tough to vette new and prospective members. I think one of the reasons the process of becoming a Mason takes a while, and why there's a degree system in place, is to give us time to really get to know a man before he becomes a full member of the lodge. This is obviously an extreme case, but I know there have been other instances where a new member made it through the investigation committee only for the rest of the members to find out later that he had a criminal past, or other issues, or that he joined for mercenary purposes.
edit on 2010.11.26 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Beside the fact that the word "repent" is not what I'd call a biblical phrase. Guess I'd better go and check some stuff out. . .most likely, I'll return.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join