It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ugly Betty" Actor Kills Mother With "Freemason" Sword, Chanting to "Great Architect"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am compelled to comment on this particular commenter's remarks. For once I have seen a person remain objective and literally "informed" in this particular case as to his references...
The term "supreme architect" is EXACTLY that in terms of the masonic order...... as there is a huge crossmesh of cultural diversity within its' rites/order and this was considered a term which was most "politically correct" for that time and all times. As far as a person murdering their parent in the name thereof ....well... they must have concluded within a very disturbed mind or literally an offspring of Satan incarnate he was doing a service to humanity or cliff hanging on the "hot-topic-o-the-day".....
Then again there is the far...excruciatingly absurd idea...that it was merely interjected for sensationalism and used to perpetuate shock n awe to stimulate sales withing a certain publication or media corporation to increase capital.....time will tell.
and again I would like to thank you sir for being objective and accurate in your summary.
Doc

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

He apparently removed the murder weapon from a Masonic lodge after a meeting Monday night and then used it later on his mother, said the suspect's uncle. Brea was a low-level Mason who was not cleared to take one of the ceremonial swords - typically stainless steel blades with a short, black grip. "Something happened that made him do it," said Martial Brea. "The devil entered him." Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
< br />
will the ignorance never stop?

I would love to ask the reporter what "level"mason gets to take the tylers sword home with him.

For those who don't know, each lodge has a guy who is the Tyler and his job is to guard the door. In most cases he is an elderly gentleman and probably wouldn't fair too well in a sword fight, but symbolicaly he has a sword none the less. I have never heard of one being used until today. And all masons meet on the level. There is no "higher ups". But apparently this man was/is a mason.

ALso, its not razor sharp either. I dont know about your lodge but hubby said all of the ceremonials are blunt and they arent taken home to play with.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
lol, ok so the article definitely says Freemason sword now, and the fact that at some point it apparently said samurai sword amuses me... seems pretty hard to get those two mixed up
Anywho, could be nothing but an insane kid, could be brainwashing gone bad... or good for all I know I mean hell MKULTRA was like 40+ years ago, god knows what they are doing now. Probably the former though, either way made for an interesting read.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vicious Jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Lets also keep in mind that "NY Daily News" and the phrase "journalistic integrity" are rarely found in the same sentence.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

A hardworking Brooklyn mother hacked to death this morning with a samurai sword by her actor son might still be alive if cops didn’t wait nearly an hour to break down her apartment door, neighbors said.

Where does it say Freemason Sword?!

Did I miss something?

Freemason swords are by no means anything like samuri swords, they follow the western tradition of straight broadswords.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What a weird story..

Even weirder that the OP claims it was Masonic in some way.. because every other news source says it was a hyper-Christian induced rage .. he stabbed her with a Samurai Sword, not a Masonic one, after reading biblical passages and raging at her for not sharing his Christian faith.

Ironically.. the complete opposite of Masonry, and a prime example of the very type that usually troll against Masons online.

Seems like a sad story though, from what I read elsewhere she seemed like a nice person.
Weird.. I find it interesting the NY Post says "low level Mason" though lol ..

EDIT: It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Masonic sword, they are sold all over the place. Especially Templar Swords (the other variety being Tyler Swords) .. The swords are usually decorative, more often than not made with Pewter or a low grade metal that cannot be sharpened (if you were to attempt the friction would actually melt most blades). Not that it couldn't kill of course, but the article(s) mention the scene being exceptionally bloody, indicating to me a sharper sword (like a Samurai). I own a few swords myself, and my Templar one (couldn't resist) is the only fake one.. actually very disappointing quality.

edit on 11/23/2010 by Rockpuck because: Added crap.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
People on crack are known to act this way.
A blood test will likely reveal something more.
He was clearly 'out of his mind'.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

weather it's true or not, I listed a snipit that claimed he brought it home from a lodge function. Of course he snuck it out being that he was a low level mason and everyone knows you have to be at least medium level to take home the Tylers sword.

Sadly, he had to have an idea of why he took it home, which proves premeditation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

A hardworking Brooklyn mother was hacked to death early this morning allegedly by her sword-wielding, bit-actor son during a bizarre religious meltdown in which he screamed Bible passages and made obscure references to Freemasonry, police and witnesses said.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

Another neighbor said Brea kept calling for the "architect of the universe," a term used by Freemasons to refer to a supreme being. And a police source said the murder weapon was a three-foot ceremonial Masonic sword.

Read more: Linkage (From OP)

Are multiple witnesses and members of the police force not good enough evidence for all you claiming that it has nothing to do with Freemasonry?

Typical.
edit on 23/11/2010 by the_denv because: boldage

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I've read an alterate theory in which the sword actually belonged to his twin brother, who lived in the same house, and who was a martial arts instructor...

Just in case anyone still thought they had all the facts already...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

At my lodge, you would have to be a far higher level than a 3rd degree to be able to somehow smuggle a cosmetic ceremonial sword out of the storage closet. I am a 3rd degree, and someone would likely threaten the ultimate punishment........such as "what the hells wrong with you ya retard?". Severely sanctioned I would stand chastened ! A cheap bronze and cast iron ceremonial relic that wouldnt cut a watermelon isnt most loony's first choice as a weapon. Maybe this particular loony......

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
1 mason down, about 10 million to go.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Otamad

Thanks for the thoughtful and reasoned response.Very deep.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I don't find anyone trying to hide any facts. I was just asking earlier because the headline of the story changed. Ask anyone here. It did. And when the facts come out, it could very well be that this man was a mason, took the sword from his lodge and went home and killed his mom. That would in fact prove that one mason had a meltdown. Sad that it happened, and even sadder that he didn't find help before he did this. Conspiracies are everywhere, just not here. (IMHO)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otamad
1 mason down, about 10 million to go.

you are a credit to your kind sir.

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
People on crack are known to act this way.
A blood test will likely reveal something more.
He was clearly 'out of his mind'.

...it could turn out that he has a brain tumor or an unruptured cerebral aneurysm...

...charles whitman went down in history as the bell tower shootist and he was a top notch straight-arrow guy until he went crazy... he noted in a diary that he wondered if something was wrong with his brain...

...also, skull trauma can cause people to turn on a dime and it doesnt have to be extreme trauma...

...i wonder if any of his friends had noticed a change in him lately...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think you're missing the bigger picture here, what if he WAS spiritually motivated? Was it God, the devil, or free will that guided his hand and stayed his temper? You are all wrong, you need to look above the pieces that do not fit so well into you. I think he was mad with rage at his own sin, and thus sought to seek it's relinquishment in an otherwise 'just' act. This would Jesus not do though. I pray that he will be guided by the truth, not madness and rage. *does this post actually contribute anything at all?* idk, but I felt like saying this, also WTH is up with all of the freemasons posting here defending their image? do we have double standards here at ATS? are Freemasons good or evil? not the person, but the entity?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

Theres plenty of threads here about that chief. Second line----read up.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

we have yet to see all the FACTS, so the jury is still out, but as far as masonry being good or evil, any group is know publicly by it's worst members. One dark spot will extinguish a thousand bright lights. your interpretation depends on where you look for facts.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Hmm.. Personally, I never saw a sword used in the Scottish Rite, have you?

Because that would technically mean that only low level Masons and Yorkers get swords..

The crime just seems like a crime of drug induced passion .. weird to bring home a Tylers sword,
Most other news sites are saying Samurai sword, this is the only source saying Masonic.

reply to post by the_denv

Are multiple witnesses and members of the police force not good enough evidence for all you claiming that it has nothing to do with Freemasonry?

First.. this is the only source saying that.

Second.. this fellow very well could have been a Mason, I wouldn't find that surprising. Assuming that he is, and assuming he stole the Tylers sword and took it home to hack his ma', it still has absolutely nothing to do with Freemasonry. For you to assume this would be childish to an extreme.

Just as it would be foolish for Masons to say other Masons never commit crimes.. I recall one thread off hand (it stuck in my mind) back in.. 2008 I think, about a guy in California slaughtering his entire family because he lost his job at the beginning of the recession .. his rambling suicide note, that no one seemed to have read, at the very end said "oh lord my god is there no hope for a widows son" Disturbing, I thought because I read the whole thing, but it highlights that Masons are *GASP!!!!* ...... Human Beings.

People.

Though I fail to see how a Freemason doing something horrible reflects on us all.. I mean, I am honored that our institution is held to such astounding and lofty standards .. just seems to be taken a wee bit to far..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join