It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ugly Betty" Actor Kills Mother With "Freemason" Sword, Chanting to "Great Architect"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by tonypazzohome

www.nydailynews.com...

This is just another sign of christianity being evil, as he killed his mother he yelled at her for not accepting jesus. This poor woman survived 9/11. She worked at the WTC marriot.

Your conclusion that Christianity is evil because of the criminal actions of one disturbed individual is completely assinine. Criminal behavior manifests itself in many forms and because of various pathological, sociological, and psychological factors. Unfortunately, religion is a motive at times for the vast minority of extremists due to a chemical imbalance and twisted interpretation of their faith.

SMARTEN UP!
edit on 23-11-2010 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

i agree- why did they change it?! thats the real conspiracy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Maybe it was too obvious and not hidden enough in plain sight? The only other reference to Masonry is his quote about the "architect of the universe." Most people would not connect the dots with just that piece of information.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Hazystars because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The poster saying that she didn't accept Jesus or that Christianity is evil is ridiculous...
the article states that his mother was a regular at St. Teresa of Avila church.
Clearly she was a believer in God.

This is clearly a case of a deranged individual.

At any rate, does that mean that one deserves to be hacked to death???

For crying out loud!
edit on 23-11-2010 by thegoodearth because: added thoughts.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Me smarten up? Interesting coming from someone who obviously has a problem with reading comprehension. Where did you come up that I "concluded" Christianity is evil because of what this guy did? I said "Another sign" So my conclusions have been created BEFORE this incident, and this person talking about Jesus is just another "log on the fire" so to speak.

Learn how to read my friend.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Post changed it back to "freemason sword" www.nypost.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

A hardworking Brooklyn mother was hacked to death this morning with a Freemason sword by her actor son who rambled religious references loud enough for neighbors to hear, cops said.

Yeah, the OP link still says Mason as of now.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I had a gold pentacle with sarcophagus ring for years that my mother got from some bikers.

The stuff also passes along in families. We had stuff we didn't even realize we had, and it had been passed along for 3? generations. Until my father joined the local lodge and realized what some of what his mother had passed to him was.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Oh, I see. Thank you for setting me straight. So this incident is merely further evidence to support your claim that all of Christianity is evil. How presumptuous on my part. Now your post is completely rational.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I guess they must have updated or changed the OP cause the very first sentence in the article says..

A hardworking Brooklyn mother was hacked to death this morning with a Freemason sword by her actor son who rambled religious references loud enough for neighbors to hear, cops said.

This is just more proof to me that the police can not stop crime. That is not their job. They are there to investigate crime, it is up to you to not be a victim of crime.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The NY Daily article says that he stole the sword the night before from a meeting.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The NY Daily article says that he stole the sword the night before from a meeting.

thanks for adding - i hadn't seen that myself! what made this guy snap? he was a working actor previously. actors aren't exactly the most stable people (from my personal experience) but this is beyond extreme

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dont like getting into the issues with the Mason haters on here, youre free to believe what you want and express your opinions,but I live what youre assuming/fibbing about... but seriously guys, my husband has been a mason for 20 years, Im in the OES, hubby's family are Masons.. what you all describe is totally untrue as far as my experience and any of the family's experiences being involved in the masons for generations. My husband has been a Templar for about 12 years now.. no craziness unless you consider spaghetti dinners and charitable work spooky.

Not always, but sometimes a loony is just a loony and no conspiratorial plot is there.. not even when a masonic sword happens to be the weapon and the guy yells something about the architect. SOme people just latch on to symbols and things to justify their delusions.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Should I start listing the priest who abuse children, the church's asking for money, while the vatican (one part of christianity) is by far the richest city in the world. how about that women are second class? How about the religion is ruled by fear "DO THIS OR FRY IN HELL".

I could keep going if you like.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I dont like getting into the issues with the Mason haters on here, youre free to believe what you want and express your opinions,but I live what youre assuming/fibbing about... but seriously guys, my husband has been a mason for 20 years, Im in the OES, hubby's family are Masons.. what you all describe is totally untrue as far as my experience and any of the family's experiences being involved in the masons for generations. My husband has been a Templar for about 12 years now.. no craziness unless you consider spaghetti dinners and charitable work spooky.

Not always, but sometimes a loony is just a loony and no conspiratorial plot is there.. not even when a masonic sword happens to be the weapon and the guy yells something about the architect. SOme people just latch on to symbols and things to justify their delusions.

i haven't read any anti-mason posts in this thread. we're simply discussing a horrible event and the circumstances around it. and like in any organization, there are going to be those whose intentions are not good. just as their are good masons, there are bad masons.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

So what? For every one incident you mention there are hundreds or even thousands of acts of kindness by regular everyday Christians all over the world that aren't reported in the mainstream media. The problem with you sensationalists is that you stereotype every religious/ethnic group based on the corrupt, publicized actions of a few. It is people like you that add to the ignorance that fuels racism and bigotry which is purely divisive as well as destructive...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Christianity ruled by fear is not a one off situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome

Originally posted by Advantage

i haven't read any anti-mason posts in this thread. we're simply discussing a horrible event and the circumstances around it. and like in any organization, there are going to be those whose intentions are not good. just as their are good masons, there are bad masons.

Oh no, I didnt mean the hating was on this thread.. just that it common here in many threads that if you admit to being a mason or not believing the hype.. you get attacked.I also understand the mason angle is great for a draw to the thread...

Some folks are just incredibly insane and it wouldnt have mattered if he beat her to death with a giggling Elmo doll, his intent was to kill fueled by some weirdo delusion.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
...so sad - but - it goes to show that mental illness can be on the verge of turning violent and no one notices until its too late...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

He apparently removed the murder weapon from a Masonic lodge after a meeting Monday night and then used it later on his mother, said the suspect's uncle. Brea was a low-level Mason who was not cleared to take one of the ceremonial swords - typically stainless steel blades with a short, black grip. "Something happened that made him do it," said Martial Brea. "The devil entered him." Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
< br />
will the ignorance never stop?

I would love to ask the reporter what "level"mason gets to take the tylers sword home with him.

For those who don't know, each lodge has a guy who is the Tyler and his job is to guard the door. In most cases he is an elderly gentleman and probably wouldn't fair too well in a sword fight, but symbolicaly he has a sword none the less. I have never heard of one being used until today. And all masons meet on the level. There is no "higher ups". But apparently this man was/is a mason.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join