It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beneficiaries Of A North South Conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Chinese arms industry and the American arms industry.

Which of course equates to Chinese bureaucrats and American bureaucrats.

I might also add a war gives a tremendous amount of power to the bureaucrats of both North and South Korea.

The losers?

The people of North and South Korea.

I can see this thing going hot because the US and China want it to go hot. The criminal governments need an excuse to fuel their military industrial complexes.

I'm sure Russia will get in on the action as well.

If the two government's were actually concerned with the well being of each others citizens, they would engage in trade with each other. Of course, they aren't. They are only concerned with maintaining their political power.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I think russia should stay out of the trade. I really believe everyone should start loving one another, and STOP dropping bombs and shooting people, because it is killing our planet and our spiritual vitality. Everyone needs to wake up, and stop fearing the world that lives inside and out of us. We are getting there, and soon, all of this will change for the better, just wait... it takes time.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree the citizens of the North and South would be the sure losers. Kim Jong Il and those close to him, surely benefactors. If Kim Jong Il were making these decisions on his own...I would easily consider him the crazy-fool he is portrayed to be. But, to think that there isn't someone pulling his strings just isn't possible for me. And China seems a likely puppetmaster here.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So... let me get this straight.... "The two wars are bankrupting our economy."

Now that there is some prospective war in Korea brewing (or... continuing):

"The U.S. and China stand to profit off of this war."

I'm not making the connection.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

The US and China don't stand to profit.

The US and Chinese arms manufacturers stand to profit.

Taxes will be collected from the masses and redistributed to arms dealers, who will then share a cut of their profits with the politicians through campaign contributions and favorable voting.

The people will be impoverished.

That's how wars work.

Wars necessarily waste resources. Metals that could have gone into car production go into tank production instead. etc.. etc..etc..
edit on 23-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

Besides the arms manufacturers (and hence lobbyists, and hence politicians) getting rich, the value of the dollar would increase because during major conflicts, the U.S. because a more "stable" investment. China benefits from the strength of the dollar because they own almost a trillion dollars of our debt.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Wars necessarily waste resources. Metals that could have gone into car production go into tank production instead. etc.. etc..etc..

This presumes the metal amount consumed is in both supply and demand. The order for vehicles would demand a supply of metal.

The US and Chinese arms manufacturers stand to profit.

This is not necessarily the case. Arms manufacturing is done to stock for a war. The increased demand on arms manufacturing is in expectation of conflict, not the conflict, itself.

A successful business will profit, regardless of who the customer is, or what the demand is on the business.

Taxes will be collected from the masses and redistributed to arms dealers, who will then share a cut of their profits with the politicians through campaign contributions and favorable voting.

Campaign contributions by defense contractors are virtually non-existent. Most campaign contributions come from various special interest groups like the ACLU, NRA, etc.

And favorable voting?

The people will be impoverished.

What impoverishes the people is when there is a lack of productivity - excessive government spending to provide for a common standard of living, for example.

reply to post by harrytuttle

I can't say I understand your line of thought... the value of the dollar increases because we go to war?

There is a general effect when a country goes to war of a sort of voluntary communist philosophy - people rally to a common goal and endeavor with a lowered regard for compensation. A sort of: "Just build the airplane, we'll figure the rest out after the bullets stop flying."

However, this will not be the case if there is a war in Korea. If experience has taught us anything - foreign wars that have only a brush of impact on the outlook of our daily lives do not generally lead to favorable public disposition or rally the commune.

new topics

top topics

join