It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I just heard on CNN.. Edit: Confirmed Story..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Edit to add: I think I was mistaken with the tasers and regular firearms. Tasers have little pieces of paper that shoot out so you can trace the serial number back to the gun (and the LEO who fired it). I think that is where my confusion came from.

No they don't.

All tasers shoot out are metal prongs attached to wires, attached to the gun.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Not intending to derail the discussion, but the poster is correct - The cartridges for TASER brand ECMs do contain markers that can assist with identifying the purchaser. Not really tiny bits of paper, more like microfilm dots. More here.... TASER

Each TASER cartridge is equipped with an Anti-Felon Identification (AFID) program. Tiny, serialized markers are loaded into each and every cartridge we make, and each cartridge is bar-coded to match that serial number. These serial numbers are recorded in our shipment tracking system at the time of sale. Once a cartridge is fired, the AFIDs are expelled from the cartridge and provide a mechanism for police to identify the registered owner of the device. This accountability system helps prevent misuse of our devices and protects you.

To the point of the thread, I agree with the posters above that this LEO should have his weapon certifications reviewed. You don't just leave your magazines on the floor of a commercial aircraft. Doesn't he know that the magazines go in the seat pocket in front of you? Yay SkyMall.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Tripnman because: Content

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I guess I need to repack..I have already removed the shampoo and toothpaste, now I need to unpack my gun clips too??

Peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnman

Each TASER cartridge is equipped with an Anti-Felon Identification (AFID) program. Tiny, serialized markers are loaded into each and every cartridge we make, and each cartridge is bar-coded to match that serial number. These serial numbers are recorded in our shipment tracking system at the time of sale. Once a cartridge is fired, the AFIDs are expelled from the cartridge and provide a mechanism for police to identify the registered owner of the device. This accountability system helps prevent misuse of our devices and protects you.

Thanks for that info.
I hadn't noticed the dots, but I guess they're just too small to see if you're not looking for them.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Serial Numbers on the bullets? You sound more ignorant than the flight attendants that didn't know what a loaded magazine was.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tnewguy

Serial Numbers on the bullets? You sound more ignorant than the flight attendants that didn't know what a loaded magazine was.

Excuse me sir, but I did correct myself. I assumed that LEO's had a different type of bullets to track who used what, in much the same way that Tasers have the identifying "dots" inside of them. Try reading some more posts before you take a potshot at someone. Jerk.

Good day to you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Originally posted by Tnewguy

Excuse me sir, but I did correct myself. I assumed that LEO's had a different type of bullets to track who used what, in much the same way that Tasers have the identifying "dots" inside of them. Try reading some more posts before you take a potshot at someone. Jerk.

Good day to you.

Well, they have from time to time tried to pass laws making all munition manufacturers barcode bullets. I believe that's where your idea came from. It wasn't long ago that there was a big push for it, but more level heads prevailed. Give it until next year though and they'll re-introduce the bill again.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon
First I just have to say:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/deefe766ec4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry just a little pet peeve of mine. With that out of the way... As someone that carries a firearm nearly every day, I just can't seem to imagine how this might have happened to someone that is suppose to have those qualifications. The air marshal needs to be re-certified at the very least.

Way to go!
:up
You beat me to it.
To me, it's like calling a fork, a spoon! Both are used for eating, but there both different.
Gave ya a star

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think you meant "magazine" because guns nodays don't use "clips"
upload.wikimedia.org...
the one on the left is a clip and the others are magazines...
edit on 24-11-2010 by Reign02 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join