It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I just heard on CNN.. Edit: Confirmed Story..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First I just have to say:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/deefe766ec4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry just a little pet peeve of mine. With that out of the way... As someone that carries a firearm nearly every day, I just can't seem to imagine how this might have happened to someone that is suppose to have those qualifications. The air marshal needs to be re-certified at the very least.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

IMO, that makes it even worse! How many of your FBI buddies regularly lose track of their munitions in public areas? I have a cheap shoulder harness that has never lost it's clips as long as you don't play with the straps like a two year old. This guy should be publicly outed and laughed out of law enforcement for such a blatant disregard. To me, a clip is the same thing as the whole firearm. It's a failure to secure his weapon in my books.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Yes, but in today's media, a clip is a handgun magazine and a magazine is a reserved term for assault rifles. The thing is though, this was not an air marshal, it was some other federal agent who did this. As for my recommendations, read my previous post.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I totally agree! I can't even imagine how one would lose track of their extra magazine. Especially FBI, because they NEVER carry their weapons exposed. They are always concealed.

I am checking with my buddies now, to make sure it wasn't them, LOL!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by PayMeh

I totally agree! I can't even imagine how one would lose track of their extra magazine. Especially FBI, because they NEVER carry their weapons exposed. They are always concealed.

I am checking with my buddies now, to make sure it wasn't them, LOL!

I sure hope it wasn't man!

Seriously, the only thing I can think of is that his/her weapon was secure, but had the magazine in his/her pocket. Dress pants are bad about emptying it's contents into the seat when you sit down. That's the ONLY thing that makes sense. If that's the case, we can all be thankful it wasn't a complete little burner that fell out of their pocket.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I also thought that kids fiddle and mess with things that adults wouldn't think of doing. Perhaps the kid used is foot to dislodge an extra magazine from a belt or something? Agent asleep and didn't notice? Perhaps kid was giddy knowing a Federal Agent was directly in front of him and the adults had drifted off to sleep?

You are absolutely correct! What if that was his throw-away that fell out of his pocket? We might have serious incident on our hands right now if the kid instinctively picked it up and the passengers and crew panicked!

I agree with your first suggestion. No need to even fire this guy. Just laugh him out of the profession!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Even so! lol

Picture this photo op! Federal agent asleep beside middle eastern man in turban with his hip holster and badge exposed. Middle eastern man holding a sign saying "Who needs a box cutter!!," smiling cheesy, and giving a big thumbs up.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

If you can draw that up, and put it out on Twitter and Facebook, you will be a celebrity by this time tomorrow!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I was going to see if I could photoshop something up, but I just did a search for "turban thumbs up" and I think I just got put on a watch list of some kind!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Do imagine it,there are lots of people that haven't a clue about a gun or any parts of a gun,but to me the whole story sounds suspicious.My first thought is if it was a clip,how in the world would it have got there,it sounds like a tsa moment which would be very convenient for them.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Yeah, even your average Joe knows to keep his weapon and all components secure. I can understand the kid not knowing what it was, but the fact the flight attendant had to be told what it was is scary in itself. They're just lucky one of us didn't get a hold of it. The news agencies would have been called and we'd have given a full statement and petitioned every early morning show for a spot to come on and talk about it before we left the airport.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
BOOSH! I got one right? Do I get extra bonus points or extra stars for correctly guessing something?

Glad it wasn't a "false flag." Ugh.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

No way! lol

It wasn't an air marshal, and besides.. I only have one star on my OP and 4 flags!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
If it indeed was the property of an Air Marshal, you can be sure that they will trace the serial numbers on the bullets, if the clip even exists, and isn't the intellectual property of a CNN staffer's mind. The Air Marshal would most likely be severely reprimanded for this, as they have to be in control of all of their tools at all times.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

What serial numbers on bullets?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Ha! maybe even if we were real lucky it would have been handcuffs and your miranda rights!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The skies are Federal jurisdiction.

Don't know about the rest of you, but who gave them the sky to own? What human being actually "owns" the sky? Will they say they own the air next and start charging everyone to breathe their air?

This world is absolutely insane. Thank god I'll die one day and be gone from this madhouse.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

1. Federal law enforcement officers are required to carry a weapon at all times.
2. Most, if not all, carry at least one extra clip.
3. The only "ranking" that occurs if there is more than one federal LEO onboard is if there is a Secret Service agent onboard.
4. If there is an on duty FAM (federal air marshal) onboard, he "outranks" everyone onboard. (the FBI dislikes this) The Captain outranks everyone

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
If it indeed was the property of an Air Marshal, you can be sure that they will trace the serial numbers on the bullets, if the clip even exists, and isn't the intellectual property of a CNN staffer's mind. The Air Marshal would most likely be severely reprimanded for this, as they have to be in control of all of their tools at all times.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

What serial numbers on bullets?

After reviewing my statement, I retract it. I was under the impression that LEO's bullets have serial numbers on them to keep track of which rounds were fired and from which gun. My grandfather (a former Marine) informed me that they test fire the gun and look to see the impression from the firing pin on the casing, and that is how they track what bullets were fired. But the fact still remains that this dude was an idiot for losing his clip on the aircraft.

Edit to add: I think I was mistaken with the tasers and regular firearms. Tasers have little pieces of paper that shoot out so you can trace the serial number back to the gun (and the LEO who fired it). I think that is where my confusion came from.
______

I called it! I said it was an Air Marshal, but he's still an LEO!!!!!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 23-11-2010 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Kinda funny how these guys were getting alot of flack because of the body scans, then suddenly then the water gets too hot for them, something like this just happens to come out of no where. Me thinks someone is playing a lil cloak and dagger to justify body scans. Just my opinion, but this sorta thing does seem to happen in just this manner more often than not when it comes to our liberties.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is great news. It seems the TSA was really on the ropes this week, taking a real beating. Then, as if sent by god, to CNN no less, a revelation that puts the TSA back in charge. As if, well, as if the TSA sat down and prayed for a miracle, a "threat" that got on a plane that they could say happened because the screenings were too lax. This truly is a miracle, now the press will be all over this breach, and lay of the groping, nude pictures and intrusions and focus on what is right. It is like a miracle, the timing is simply remarkable - proof that God wants the TSA to protect us maybe?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join